IGNORED

'Christian tattoos to start a conversation as the Lord leads.'

farouk

Do they work? Christian tattoos to start a conversation as the Lord leads.  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do they work? Christian tattoos to start a conversation as the Lord leads.

• Yes, they do work; they are effective
    • No, they don't work; they are not effective
    • Don't know
    • I have my thoughts but would prefer not to express them

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/2023 at 08:28 PM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

17 hours ago, LiveWire said:

More like an American 3D Cross

@LiveWire You obviously liked it a lot when you had it done; so do you basically feel the same, still?

(Like, no regrets...)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, farouk said:

@LiveWire You obviously liked it a lot when you had it done; so do you basically feel the same, still?

(Like, no regrets...)

I do not regret it at all because it covered up something very distasteful and evil.   The fact that other Tattoo no longer can be seen or even can tell it ever existed, is more than enough to be happy with this Cross.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LiveWire said:

I do not regret it at all because it covered up something very distasteful and evil.   The fact that other Tattoo no longer can be seen or even can tell it ever existed, is more than enough to be happy with this Cross.

@LiveWire You can definitely see how a tattoo parlor can serve a useful purpose, right?

An example that comes to mind is that a Christian woman with the name of an ex-bf tattooed might definitely want to have his name (e.g., 'BILL') changed by a good tattoo artist to something that better reflects her testimony now (e.g., 'BIBLE').

Do you think it would be good if more Christians trained as tattoo artists?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

5 minutes ago, farouk said:

@LiveWire You can definitely see how a tattoo parlor can serve a useful purpose, right?

An example that comes to mind is that a Christian woman with the name of an ex-bf tattooed might definitely want to have his name (e.g., 'BILL') changed by a good tattoo artist to something that better reflects her testimony now (e.g., 'BIBLE').

Do you think it would be good if more Christians trained as tattoo artists?

A Tattoo is guaranteed to eventually lose its meaning and reason for having it, especially, whenever the tattoo is worldly related.   And it's expensive to have them removed + painful.  So, covering them up is the best option.  

As far as tattooist being Christian, why not?  Good way to have conversations with people all day long.  Great time while tattooing to mention Jesus and the Gospel.  There's definitely a positive to it.   But, the down side, the kinds of people you meet with you need to be able to deal with.  They're in there to display their selfish badness, their rebellious statement to the world through Ink, all sorts of ungodly reasons because they are truly ungodly people.

But, when I've seen bad accidents or tragedy, These People, are some of the first to arrive and help complete Strangers.  So, they have a GOOD Heart.  If a tattooist can plant Jesus in that heart, you might have a Mighty Warrior for God in training!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, LiveWire said:

A Tattoo is guaranteed to eventually lose its meaning and reason for having it, especially, whenever the tattoo is worldly related.   And it's expensive to have them removed + painful.  So, covering them up is the best option.  

As far as tattooist being Christian, why not?  Good way to have conversations with people all day long.  Great time while tattooing to mention Jesus and the Gospel.  There's definitely a positive to it.   But, the down side, the kinds of people you meet with you need to be able to deal with.  They're in there to display their selfish badness, their rebellious statement to the world through Ink, all sorts of ungodly reasons because they are truly ungodly people.

But, when I've seen bad accidents or tragedy, These People, are some of the first to arrive and help complete Strangers.  So, they have a GOOD Heart.  If a tattooist can plant Jesus in that heart, you might have a Mighty Warrior for God in training!

Just clarify not everyone getting a tattoo is in rebellion or ungodly, one reporter who is Christian got yIW’ (Yeshua, Jesus) on him in the famous Jerusalem Tattoo Parlor.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Solus Christus said:

Just clarify not everyone getting a tattoo is in rebellion or ungodly

Hi @Solus Christus

It seems indeed like lots of conservative ppl get tattooed:

FHII said:

it makes a statement of freedom in Christ. .. We got a lot of folks inked in our Church. Myself, the Pastor, his daughter and grand daughter included. Now, even my wife

source: christianityboard dot com

"I would be hard-pressed to come up with more than a handful of names of my friends who DON'T have at least one tattoo--and we are all suburban homeschooling moms, ages ranging from early-30s to mid-50s, living in conservative North Texas." greenvneck forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

juliannenw said:

I am a nurse in a cardiac ICU. I am also pretty heavily tattooed. I am a well educated, well rounded nurse, and was raised with strong morals and manners. .. I am an extremely traditional person. .. a professional persona as well as a unique one while I'm not working allnurses dot com

On 6/21/2023 at 12:41 PM, Anne2 said:

Maybe just the top only. That is if I did it..I can understand the desire especially getting older.

@Anne2 Your comment reminds me of Willa's similar one quite a while ago

..pierced ears.. in the day when they clamped gold onto our ears with inhumane painful vice grips.. it was more merciful to get the pain done with once and for all.

I guess in other words, just as having the earlobes pierced and then being done with it once and for all has its strong advantages, so a lot of effort and smudging is avoided if the lines are shot in the lids once and for all.

(So there may be wisdom in it.)

2c.

On 7/27/2023 at 1:06 AM, Solus Christus said:

@farouk

Yep, I changed my avvie. A lot of people don’t have one. 

13.33 percent kept their views private. Hmmm.. wonder if they were pro witnessing witj tats or against? 

@Solus Christus Don't know; I guess was the point of including it as a poll response option.

(Changed it yet again, right?)

On 6/23/2023 at 1:07 PM, bdavidc said:

I did not get my tattoo to start a conversation. I got it because I wanted to get it.

On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. 
~ Revelation 19:16

Graphic

@bdavidc So, any more ink plans for now?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

9 minutes ago, farouk said:

@bdavidc So, any more ink plans for now?

NO, I can't afford it. Grin

The question did bring this to mind. I saw this somewhere:

If – listen to this, then I’ll close – if, when you became a Christian, the Lord instantly stamped on your forehead these words, “Watch me; I am a child of God,” and you weren’t allowed to have bangs or wear a hat, what would that do to your lifestyle? Well, I’ll tell you one thing, if I had that on me, or if I had to wear the proverbial sandwich board, “Watch me; I am a child of God,” and I really loved God, and I really loved the Lord Jesus Christ, and I knew that everybody knew that I was a Christian, I think it might change the way I live.

So yes, I think tattooing "Watch me; I am a child of God" on our forehead would sure make one think before doing things. I think it would make a lot of us think twice before doing certain things.

Just a thought.

Edited by bdavidc
add a thought.