not my circus ,not my monkeys

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

This is a Polish proverb  basically saying to keep myself out of business that's not ours. It can also have relevance to us as christians. As shown by the (fictional but based on a real life story), alot of conflicts that can rise up within churches can be due to people wanting to take action against other Christians for making decisions that arent actually wrong or sinful, just things they disagree with.  While we should point out and deal with sin in the camp, as the verse shows there is a relevance to learning to mind your own business when the issue isnt of spiritual relevance

zeoob.com_l8sbe5tjbw_photo.png

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

I never heard this proverb before, and I love it. I think I will use it in some of my sermons/teachings . . . 

I agree with the pastor's reply to one of his congregation.

I believe a sign of an immature church, or, rather immature believers in the church is when those believers have to voice their opinions whether they need to, or if they should. Those people are in fact busy bodies who don't have any monkeys in the circus, yet, want to give their opinions no matter what.

This is a sure sign of ignorance of the Word of God, OR a failure to Apply the scripture to their lives.

BUT . . . this is of course my opinion  . . . 

Thanks for sharing . . . 

Ray . . .