• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nik -

That is soooooo awesome!!!!! :wub::wub:

I echo the sentiment that this is the best news I've heard in a long time - and I've been in serious need of some good news. This si just so great to hear! :25:

I can't wait to hear about how you came to believe in Jesus. :b:

Hey, if you are interested, (I may have mentioned this a long time ago in a previous debate :wub: ), but you may find an interest in The American Scientific Affiliation - Science in Christian Perspective: The American Scientific Affiliation (ASA) is a fellowship of men and women in science and disciplines that relate to science who share a common fidelity to the Word of God and a commitment to integrity in the practice of science.

The Lord bless you, Nik!

I am still so amazed! :blink:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/08/1983

I have questions. What series of events led you to your decision? What sort of Christian would you say you are? What sort of Biblical interpretation and belief system do you adhere to?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

:25: Yay! Can i hear your testamony, like what happend t make you change? :b::blink: Im happy!

ScientificBerean would suit you

Acts 17:11

Now the Bereans were of more noble character...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Whoa..... I'm.....speechless. I wish now that I had saved the prayers I've prayed for you over these last three years so you could see them. Wow. Right now, I just have a verse that comes to mind:

"For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.." ~ Col. 1:9

You don't have to sacrifice intelligence for spirituality. In fact, for too long now it seems that's what alot of believers have done. I can't even begin to imagine how great of an impact you will be because of your intelligence. You are unique and God has blessed you with an incredible mind, a mind that if it's yielded to Christ will become even more amazing and useful. I pray that to your knowledge, you add wisdom, and to your wisdom, understanding. I pray that in your journey to grow and learn and understand all there is about God and life that you'll discover intimacy with Him as a father. And if there's anything I pray you grasp it's this:

"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." ~ Eph 3:14-19

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I have questions. What series of events led you to your decision? What sort of Christian would you say you are? What sort of Biblical interpretation and belief system do you adhere to?

Tempest, these things are not easilly or immediately arrived at. Why not give Nik the benefit of your doubt?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

As far as names go, I like ScientificTheist. Sure it's not all that creative but it fits :blink: If you're worried about how it'll be shortened the only other thing I thought of was NowIKnow and for short it'd be Nik..lol. I'll give it some more thought though.

Tempest, these things are not easilly or immediately arrived at. Why not give Nik the benefit of your doubt?

It is curiosity that leads me to ask my questions, not doubt. He asked for questions, and so I have them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

It is curiosity that leads me to ask my questions, not doubt. He asked for questions, and so I have them.

Then why not give him time to figure things out a little first?

Then why not give him time to figure things out a little first?

If he needs time, I will accept that. Not every adult makes the decision to change their entire belief system before they know what they are getting into. That is true only for the born-again types that convert at revival meetings and whatnot.