IGNORED

Where is the Oy Vey Button Post, Posted by Jayne ? I have some, Oy Veyable Observations, :): Loll. ..............

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  434
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,226
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

I actually think the oy vey reaction should be removed. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of any of the reactions, but particularly that one.

Because quite frankly it strikes me as rude. It's basically saying to the other person "your post and it's content is stupid and you shouldn't have posted it"

And as such it really doesn't lead to productive conversation.

I do not think that this is what this means. There was no multiple reactions to this, Just an Oy Vey! .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

52 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

I do not think that this is what this means. There was no multiple reactions to this, Just an Oy Vey! .

It literally is, from dictionary.com

1. (especially in or with reference to Jewish use) indicating dismay or grief.

And you show it as you use it, with literally every post someone makes that you disagree with you oy vey them, and give them a tirade, about how dumb their argument is. 

It's why I never use it. In fact I rarely use any notifications, but if I do I tend to only use positive ones.

5 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

It literally is, from dictionary.com

1. (especially in or with reference to Jewish use) indicating dismay or grief.

And you show it as you use it, with literally every post someone makes that you disagree with you oy vey them, and give them a tirade, about how dumb their argument is. 

It's why I never use it. In fact I rarely use any notifications, but if I do I tend to only use positive ones.

If one can not laugh at themselves, Oh, Worthy...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I already have low self esteem, Being self depricating comes naturally to me 

• Praying! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

5 hours ago, believeinHim said:

If one can not laugh at themselves, Oh, Worthy...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I already have low self esteem, Being self depricating comes naturally to me 

It seems if one has self esteem, then common sense says they should not seek to lower the self esteem of others, as they understand what they're going through.

Its called the golden rule ;)

I don't get it :noidea:

21 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

I don't get it :noidea:

Look, let me preface this I'm not saying these things to attack you, but rather to challenge you to be a better person.

You say you struggle with self esteem. That's fair. A lot of people do. It's a common problem.

And when one struggled with self esteem how people treat them can lower or raise their self image. If your rude them, talk down to them, treat them like their dumb, even if it isn't intentional, it can lower their self esteem. Even something as simple as leaving a "oy vey" reaction to the post.

While you may think it's funny, your in essence telling the other person you think their opinion is dumb. And if they already feel like that, then that just reinforces that.

And someone with low self esteem should understand that. You do understand that feeling, I know you do. And as such I'm basically challenging you, to take that knowledge and apply it, the circle stops with you. Hurt people hurt people...you struggle with self esteem, you feel like people are tearing you down, and often they are, and you continue the circle by tearing down others. 

Instead...stop the cycle. Build them up. Show them respect. You can disagree with someone without tearing them down.

Again, I'm not saying this as an attack. I'm not perfect, I've said my share of hurtful things to people. I'm saying this because as brothers and sisters in Christ we are called to hold each other accountable so we can grow in Christ.

14 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Look, let me preface this I'm not saying these things to attack you, but rather to challenge you to be a better person.

You say you struggle with self esteem. That's fair. A lot of people do. It's a common problem.

And when one struggled with self esteem how people treat them can lower or raise their self image. If your rude them, talk down to them, treat them like their dumb, even if it isn't intentional, it can lower their self esteem. Even something as simple as leaving a "oy vey" reaction to the post.

While you may think it's funny, your in essence telling the other person you think their opinion is dumb. And if they already feel like that, then that just reinforces that.

And someone with low self esteem should understand that. You do understand that feeling, I know you do. And as such I'm basically challenging you, to take that knowledge and apply it, the circle stops with you. Hurt people hurt people...you struggle with self esteem, you feel like people are tearing you down, and often they are, and you continue the circle by tearing down others. 

Instead...stop the cycle. Build them up. Show them respect. You can disagree with someone without tearing them down.

Again, I'm not saying this as an attack. I'm not perfect, I've said my share of hurtful things to people. I'm saying this because as brothers and sisters in Christ we are called to hold each other accountable so we can grow in Christ.

I think you are confused, and I think you are miscommunicating. I give an Oy Vey, when it is Worthy of an Oy Vey. I do not think you are understanding who I am as a person. You are judging, And the biggest conspiracy is using that verse in the wrong way.

I gave you an Oy Vey, because your post deserved an Oy Vey. I did not attack you, You attacked me. You are playing victim, when you have been rude to me.

I get confused at the appropriate reaction, And I give one reaction when there is multiple reactions. I will try and not do that anymore.

Part of my illness is not knowing how to react to things, To which also, You have accused my Doctors who are caring for me of being frauds, Basically. You have not taken in to consideration that I am a female, with a Serious Disability in my brain. And you basically attacked a whole line of Doctors, and a whole line of practice.

Doctors don't make any money anymore, They have taken a pay cut because of not being able to stay in private practice. That is what happens when you socialize medicine.

If anything has been more damaging, It is misusing the "judge not" phrase, as well as the other phrase, though it is off topic, Those verses get misused and misrepresented.

However, In this case, It is you who is judging, and incorrectly judging, as well. Take country music , for example. Most of their lyrics today require, an "Oy Vey". You said yourself in chat, That you have had your mother in law talk to you about your behavior. This may be getting personal,

But YOU, are getting personal. Modern day country lyrics, and Modern day country musicians are not country, and it's not Christian. Skillet, is not behaving Christian. 

I am sorry if we disagree, But that is not why I Oy Veyed you. I Oy Veyed you because you attacked me, and are now playing the victim. You can not psycho analyze someone if you mis psycho analyze them. You do not understand the words that I write to you very well at all, I do not think. 

You continue to get personal with me, And if I can not respond to your personal attacks, Then i am still confused then I can not respond to y ou. You are misrepresenting and smearing my character. This is not who I am as a person, at all. I feel slandered, in all honesty. 

Edited by believeinHim

4 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

I think you are confused, and I think you are miscommunicating. I give an Oy Vey, when it is Worthy of an Oy Vey. I do not think you are understanding who I am as a person. You are judging, And the biggest conspiracy is using that verse in the wrong way.

I gave you an Oy Vey, because your post deserved an Oy Vey. I did not attack you, You attacked me. You are playing victim, when you have been rude to me.

I get confused at the appropriate reaction, And I give one reaction when there is multiple reactions. I will try and not do that anymore.

Part of my illness is not knowing how to react to things, To which also, You have accused my Doctors who are caring for me of being frauds, Basically. You have not taken in to consideration that I am a female, with a Serious Disability in my brain. And you basically attacked a whole line of Doctors, and a whole line of practice.

Doctors don't make any money anymore, They have taken a pay cut because of not being able to stay in private practice. That is what happens when you socialize medicine.

If anything has been more damaging, It is misusing the "judge not" phrase, as well as the other phrase, though it is off topic, Those verses get misused and misrepresented.

However, In this case, It is you who is judging, and incorrectly judging, as well. Take country music , for example. Most of their lyrics today require, an "Oy Vey". You said yourself in chat, That you have had your mother in law talk to you about your behavior. This may be getting personal,

But YOU, are getting personal. Modern day country lyrics, and Modern day country musicians are not country, and it's not Christian. Skillet, is not behaving Christian. 

I am sorry if we disagree, But that is not why I Oy Veyed you. I Oy Veyed you because you attacked me, and are now playing the victim. You can not psycho analyze someone if you mis psycho analyze them. You do not understand the words that I write to you very well at all, I do not think. 

You continue to get personal with me, And if I can not respond to you then I can not respond to y ou. You are misrepresenting and smearing my character. This is not who I am as a person, at all. I feel slandered, in all honesty. 

Look, let me address somethings. First off, I have NEVER ever accused your doctor's of anything. You are literally doing to me what you accused me of doing to you, misrepresenting and attacking me.

You started a post stating why you like the oy vey. I stated why I didn't like it. You pretty much called me a liar so I showed you the actual meaning of the term.

You say I'm playing the victim. I'm not. I spent 15 years in the oil field, I have a very thick skin. I do not suffer from low self esteem, in fact quite the opposite. There isn't a thing you can say that will offend me.

What you are doing, is again what you accuse me of. Your playing the victim. You run around the boards, saying and doing whatever you want without regard for what or how it affects others, and when someone brings that to your attention you hide behind your illness.

Fact is your well aware of your condition. And you've shown you can control it. It's time to stop hiding behind it and take responsibility for your actions.

I replied to you, yourself, publicly because quite frankly someone needs to let you know how your acting and help you become a better person. And I'm not afraid to do it and I will continue to do that.

Normally, I would PM someone and deal with it that way, rather then in public but you have indicated in the past you don't want to be in private communication with a man, which, on a forum board doesn't bother me but if it bothers you then I want to respect that, hence why I'm doing this in public, out of respect for your wishes.

Now you say you don't want to communicate anymore, fair enough. This will be my last post in this thread. And as such I also won't be approving anymore comments from you in this thread as I won't be returning to it.  

Have a blessed day.

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

You say I'm playing the victim. I'm not. I spent 15 years in the oil field, I have a very thick skin. I do not suffer from low self esteem, in fact quite the opposite. There isn't a thing you can say that will offend me.

This is the thing, Yet you are offended and telling me how to post and react when I don't even know how to react to most things. You are expecting too much of me. You are expecting a pull ~ yourself ~ up ~ by ~ your ~ bootstraps kind of scenario. I don't have any bootstraps to pull myself up on. Even Trump had to say about "Little Rocket Man", He's just a person. People are just people.

You are confusing me deeply, And offending me. You are expecting too much out of a Disabled Millennial with a Serious Disability in their brain, Who sees a Psychiatrist every 3 months, and has other interactions with them in betweeen that. I am a Disabled Millennial with a Serious Disability in my brain, I am just a person. The government is there for people like me.

I am sorry if the Oy Veys offend you and want me to post differently, But you are out of line to expect me to change, Or even understand you right now. If I come off as a snowflake, And that offends you, Then I am going to come off as a snowflake. I am very girly, and very sensitive. You have not treated me as if I am a disabled woman on Disability.

I know what far right winged, Boot Strappey kind of people think about that. And Christians in general need to get over it. 

Some people these days take medications for a Serious Psychiatric Disorder. I do not have boot straps to pull myself up on. You are expecting too much of me.

You are repeating yourself, and I do the same thing. I didn't Oy Vey you because I don't agree with you. I Oy Veyed you because you are acting like a donkey. I am actually not in control of it. I am in remission, And it is managed with medications, and Doctors visits. I don't even have therapy, Because I can't afford Christian therapy. I didn't Oy Vey you because I don't agree with you, You are expecting too much of me, And acting like a donkey. 

Edited by believeinHim

8 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Look, let me address somethings. First off, I have NEVER ever accused your doctor's of anything. You are literally doing to me what you accused me of doing to you, misrepresenting and attacking me.

You started a post stating why you like the oy vey. I stated why I didn't like it. You pretty much called me a liar so I showed you the actual meaning of the term.

What you are doing, is again what you accuse me of. Your playing the victim. You run around the boards, saying and doing whatever you want without regard for what or how it affects others, and when someone brings that to your attention you hide behind your illness.

Fact is your well aware of your condition. And you've shown you can control it. It's time to stop hiding behind it and take responsibility for your actions.

I replied to you, yourself, publicly because quite frankly someone needs to let you know how your acting and help you become a better person. And I'm not afraid to do it and I will continue to do that.

Normally, I would PM someone and deal with it that way, rather then in public but you have indicated in the past you don't want to be in private communication with a man, which, on a forum board doesn't bother me but if it bothers you then I want to respect that, hence why I'm doing this in public, out of respect for your wishes.

I thought I told someone else that, I do not remember telling you that. Maybe I did, I am so confused at this point. This post is all over the place. 

Now you say you don't want to communicate anymore, fair enough. This will be my last post in this thread. And as such I also won't be approving anymore comments from you in this thread as I won't be returning to it.  

Have a blessed day.

I do not have thick skin, And I am very moody and easily confused, My illness is cyclacle and I rapid cycle, And this does not mean rapid fire. I rapid cycle, I do not rapid fire. You are confusing me and the whole thread.

This is the thing, yet you are offended and telling me how to post and react when I don't even know how to react to most things. You are expecting too much of me. You are expecting a pull ~ yourself ~ up ~ by ~ your ~ bootstraps kind of scenario. I don't have any bootstraps to pull myself up on. Even Trump had to say about "Little Rocket Man", He's just a person. People are just people.

You are confusing me deeply, And offending me. You are expecting too much out of a Disabled Millennial with a Serious Disability in their brain, Who sees a Psychiatrist every 3 months, and has other interactions with them in betweeen that. I am a Disabled Millennial with a Serious Disability in my brain, I am just a person. The government is supposed to be there for people like me. And the government is completely corrupt. I deal with the government, and they are supposed to be there for people like me.

I do not know what you are talking about. I am very girly, and very sensitive. If you are offende by a snowflake, then you are going to have to be offended by a snowflake. 

No one with a Serious Menta Illness is in control, They can become in remission, And I am in remission. You are acting like a donkey.

I am sorry if the Oy Veys offend you and want me to post differently, But you are out of line to expect me to change, Or even understand you right now. If I come off as a snowflake, And that offends you, Then I am going to come off as a snowflake. I am very girly, and very sensitive. You have not treated me as if I am a disabled woman on Disability.

I know what far right winged, Boot Strappey kind of people think about that. And Christians in general need to get over it. 

Some people these days take medications for a Serious Psychiatric Disorder. I do not have boot straps to pull myself up on. You are expecting too much of me.

You are repeating yourself, and I do the same thing. I didn't Oy Vey you because I don't agree with you. I Oy Veyed you because you are acting like a donkey. I am actually not in control of it. I am in remission, And it is managed with medications, and Doctors visits. I don't even have therapy, Because I can't afford Christian therapy. I didn't Oy Vey you because I don't agree with you, You are expecting too much of me, And acting like a donkey. 

I am incredibly confused at what you want from me, And I think that you have not been nice to me, And I am not the only one who thinks that. I live near a Southern Baptist Church, And I think other churches are not following God. I live near Church of Christ's and Southern Baptist Church. I do not believe other churches are following God. I consider myself a snowflake, And if that offends you then it is going to have to offend you. I do get offended by people who are very harsh. You have been very harsh to me. I am not the only one who thinks that.

You are reminding me of when I got backed in to in the parking lot, And the guy cleaned up the mess so no one could see it, By not approving my posts. I thought I told someone else that about the dms. 
If you are nice to me I am fine having you in my dms. I don't feel like you have been nice to me. I really don't feel like you have been nice to me. I am not the only one who feels this way on here. 

Edited by believeinHim