IGNORED

Is the Holy Trinity similar to the three parts of God's being?

JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I caution the wording here, because it leads to error. “parts” is what concerns me because:

• Human beings have three [parts] body, soul, spirit (two opposites with a buffer or bridge between the two) making one tripartite human being.
  • God is three [individuals] Father, Son, Holy Spirit (three equal persons) making one triune God.

An example is the universe:

• three spatial dimensions length, depth, height
  • none of which is “part” of the universe but a triunity of equal dimensions = one universe
  • the absence of any one of the dimensions makes the existence of the other two impossible

Could this be true of God? I ask, because I do not know nor have any evidence to back the suspicion I have. Why is God triune? Possibly because that is what it takes for God to exist.

Human beings can exist as disembodied spirits (2 Corinthians 5:8) a state of being further evidenced in Luke 16:19–31 and:

Mark 9:43–48 (KJV)

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

You get the idea.