IGNORED

Will the Son of God forever be fully God and fully man?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,647
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Philippians 2:6 states in the Greek “morphe theos huparchon” which means in the form of God forever or never ceasing to be God. As God he humbled himself to become a man and that a servant, and that unto death on the cross (Philippians 2:5–11).

In Hebrews 10:5 the Spirit led the writer of the book to quote an Old Testament passage with an allusion to another passage…

Hebrews 10:5 (KJV)

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Psalm 40:6 (KJV)

6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

“opened” is footnoted in the KJV to literally be in the Hebrew “digged.” This is a reference to the practice of making one’s position as a servant permanent in an ancient Jewish household. “Slavery” in Israel was more of an apprenticeship or a means to get out of debt. It was to be limited and not to interfere with the servant’s inheritance in the land. Unless the servant chose to forego their inheritance and remain a servant in the household forever. To make it official, the Law of Moses states:

Exodus 21:5–6 (KJV)

5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Jesus is forever the God-man.