• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

If Kim Clement is not 100% accurate he is a FALSE PROPHET and needed to be avoided.

LT

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

By the way, when I die(if I die before the Return) I will be with Him

Christ is no longer in the grave. His body resurrected back to life and then ascended into heaven. I'll bet your body doesn't resurrect back to life until He returns. I don't think the gospel of Zeus applies to Christians so you'll have to sleep in the dust for a while.

Revelation 6

9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

Denise

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Christianity is full of pagan beliefs:

Christmas,

Easter,

Halloween.

Birthdays.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Originally Halloween is a pagan festival of the dead. All saints day is Nov. 1 was introduced by Pope Boniface IV. Trick or treat is an old Irish peasant practice going door to door to collect money,cakes, cheese ,eggs, etc.. to prepare for the festival of St. Columb Kill.

Most of the tradition of Halloween were started by the Catholic church which to the dismay of many is the oldest christian organized religion.

It's not a 'pagan festival' and is not "of the dead".

Yes it is a pagan festival of the dead. And most certainly nothing for christians to celebrate.

kinda like christmas and easter?

:blink:

Here we go again. I never understand how Halloween freaks christians out but christmas and easter don't

Christmas and Easter were pagan holidays which were "christianized"

Halloween was a christian holiday that was "paganized".

It seems to me that "All Hallowed's Eve" could be redeemed easier than turning a pagan holiday into Jesus' birthday? :blink:

Because Halloween is about the "dark"!!!

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

At the end of October -- and I'll share a little bit of that if

you want me to -- at the end of October (God said this YEARS

ago. . . .He said that at the end of October of 2005), the

beginning of a four-year harvest, like this nation has never

seen, is about to take place. EVER. EVER seen. For 300 years,

[we've] never seen anything like it. Literally, He said to me

(and I prophesied this. People laughed and said, "that's

crazy") -- I said literally, a state. . . .a city. . . .would

be taken within just one day.

The last real revival in America and possibly even Europe, was the Azusa revival, prior to that, it was the Welsh revivals of the late 19th century.

TBN would have a FIT if a real revival ever happens, and they'd be out of business.

Actually, the United States has never had a true biblically based revival. The one of the 19th century is what lead to the TBN belief system...it was a spiritual revival but certainly not a Biblically based one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Christ is sending His two prophets soon to start a real worldwide revival. But because of their rejection by most of those who claim to be Christ’s people they will dry up the earth and destroy the world’s water supplies by turning them to blood. Then Babylon that great state of religious confusion will fall and rise no more. God will pour out His spirit on those who have listened and it will be the greatest revival ever known, where one third of the population of the world will be saved. Really saved, delivered by the hand of the Lord’s Almighty Power displayed.

Zec 13

9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, 'This is My people'; And each one will say, 'The Lord is my God.' "

1Co 3

13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.

1Pe 1

7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

The Plagues of the Lords prophets.

Re 16

2 So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.

3 Then the second messenger poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died.

4 Then the third messenger poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood.

8 Then the fourth messenger poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire.

10 Then the fifth messenger poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues because of the pain.

12 Then the sixth messenger poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared.

17 Then the seventh messenger poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"

Denise

Christianity is full of pagan beliefs:

Christmas,

Easter,

Halloween.

Birthdays.

By the way, when I die(if I die before the Return) I will be with Him

Christ is no longer in the grave. His body resurrected back to life and then ascended into heaven. I'll bet your body doesn't resurrect back to life until He returns. I don't think the gospel of Zeus applies to Christians so you'll have to sleep in the dust for a while.

Revelation 6

9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

Denise

Notice that it says "REST" and not sleep. The word is

373 ~anapauw~ anapauo \@an-ap-ow'-o\@

from 303 and 3973; TDNT-1:350,56; v

AV-rest 4, refresh 4, take rest 2, give rest 1, take ease 1; 12

1) to cause or permit one to cease from any movement or labour in order to recover and collect his strength

2) to give rest, refresh, to give one's self rest, take rest

3) to keep quiet, of calm and patient expectation

Notice also that those that are under the altar, who died, are CONSCIOUS. They know what is going on and converse with the Lord. So much for soul sleep.

LT

Notice also that those that are under the altar, who died, are CONSCIOUS. They know what is going on and converse with the Lord. So much for soul sleep.

LT

Amen. Hey. Someone else can actually read their Bible without inventing fantasy. Amazing.

If the plain sense makes sense make no other sense.

LT

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Actually, the United States has never had a true biblically based revival. The one of the 19th century is what lead to the TBN belief system...it was a spiritual revival but certainly not a Biblically based one.

Um. No way man. I have read at least one book written by one of the preachers who helped start the Azusa revival. What TBN and the Word of Faith movement teaches is NOTHING like Azusa.

They did not take up collections, but had a box in the back of the building where free will offerings were recieved. This looks nothing like TBN.

They did not have church heirarchy, and many of the preachers had little or no "Bible college" or "seminary" training. This looks nothing like TBN.

One of the key doctrinal points made in this revival was that "The degree of revival is not determined by the degree of revelation, but rather by the degree of repentance." This looks nothing like TBN.

Many of the preachers were poor black and white migrant workers who wouldn't be allowed on a TBN set today, much less be allowed to preach, because, according to TBN, those people were poor because they didn't have enough faith, or had unconfessed sin.

Oh yes, TBN CLAIMS to trace their roots to Azusa, but they do not at all preach what was preached at Azusa.

TBN focuses more on singing and entertainment and the money gospel.

The Azusa revival focused on salvation and sanctification through the Blood of Jesus, and as well, heartfelt prayer.

Splinter Thread