IGNORED

Why those who will not worship the image should be killed.

Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  2

Awhile back I posted a thread on the mark of the man/beast, and I gave some sound scriptural proof confirming all my points.

I explained in that thread by the words of God what the mark represents, what the name is, how the number is tied into both man and beast. And I covered what the image is that is to be worshiped; and is even now already being worshiped. 

What I would like to explain in this thread in more detail, is why in Revelation 13:15it says “that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”

For those who did not read my thread on the mark of the beast, I would suggest you do so. But for those who did not I will briefly explain what the mark and the image of the first beast is as revealed to me by God’s Spirit of Truth.

Simply put the mark of the man/beast is sin/sin nature. When sin entered into the world by one man’s disobedience, then the Serpent’s(the beasts) desire became man’s desire in all those who are of the flesh, and those who are of the serpents seed.

Thus by serving sin man also worships the first beast (the old Serpent) by doing his will, or desire. This is why it is written in Revelation 13:4that the world worships the Red Dragon. 

Now the beast that is empowered by the Red Dragon speaks to the spirit of the Devil, or the “sin nature” of the Devil (beast) working “in” all mankind who is firstborn of “the flesh”; just as it is also written men are beasts.

So the image of the second beast that is being promoted by the false prophet spirit is “the image of man;” but more specifically the image that is to be worshiped is the image of man’s own “self.”

So the image of the first beast, (the Red Dragon) and the image of the second beast (mans own self ) are both worshiped by serving sin. 

Think about it, sin is “self-serving,”but love seeks not its own. 

This brings us as to why those who will not serve sin and worship both the Red Dragon and self should be killed.

Most people think of death as to the physical body. And many of God’s saints have been physically killed and persecuted by the children of “the flesh”.

But God often speaks in a symbolic language and in spiritual terms, as not all death mentioned in God’s word is physical; but holds a deeper spiritual meaning. 

Jesus spoke of sin like evil body parts that needed to be removed, or else. This is why Paul also spoke of “putting to death” the deeds of the flesh and of the body (sin).

And Paul also spoke of “putting to death” your members (body parts) in Colossians 3:5 referring to sinful behaviour. Paul also spoke of “putting to death the body of sins,” and how our old man is crucified (put to death) with Christ, that “the body of sin might be destroyed,” that henceforth we should not serve sin. 

So they were not talking about putting to death our physical bodies, but rather in “spiritual terms”they were talking about “putting to death sin” in our lives.

So those who do not serve sin and worship self by sinning have crucified (put to death) the lusts of the flesh. As Paul says in Galatians chapter 5 that they that are Christ’s have crucified (put to death) the flesh with the affections and lusts thereof.

Paul said by the cross of Christ, the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. So we are “to die to sin”and thereby we also “die to self;”as sin is self-serving.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15:31 That in Christ “I die daily”. And also in Psalm 44:22 and Romans 8:36 we are told “For thy sake we are killed all the day long.”

So how can we die daily, and how are we killed all the day long? This is answered in what Jesus spoke of in Luke 9:23 about taking up our cross daily and denying our self in order to follow Him.

Jesus also said those who seek to save their lives shall lose it. But those who will lose their lives for His sake and the gospels, the same shall save it.

This trying to preserve our own sinful way of life in this world is what is referred to as “the pride of life” in 1 John 2:16. We must be willing to sacrifice our own sinful lives in this world in order to follow after the Lord and walk in the Way of righteousness. 

There is a lot of scripture to confirm this message, but I believe you get the point. 

Remember sin is self serving, but love seeks not it’s own. It is also written that love fulfills the law.

Jesus said greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Jesus showed us the greater love he had for us by laying down his own life so we might live.

We need to return that love in kind by presenting ourselves a living sacrifice to God, holy, acceptable to God, which is our reasonable service. 

May the grace of the Lord be with you, Peace and God bless.

Edited by Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

According to scripture,once the first beast opens his mouth and speaks blasphemy,he only has 42 months to continue

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Seeing the first beast only has 42 months to continue from that time,how long would you expect the false prophet who makes fire come down out of heaven and gives them the mark of the first beast continue since both of them are cast alive into the lake of fire together?

Now let me share with you a mystery, which the Lord has revealed to me concerning the image of the man/beast, and what is being “revived” by the false prophet spirit.

It is written in 
Revelation 13:15
“And he had power to “give life”unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”

So what is the false prophet spirit giving life to, and how can he by the power of the red Dragon give life to anything? After all, only God can give Life.

The Devil is said to have the power of death, not the power of Life.

So that means “the deception is”the false prophet spirit is preaching a doctrine that proclaims to bring life, but really it brings death.

So what is being embraced and “revived”in the world and also “in”many in the man made church system today? It is sin. That old man of sin image ( in the first Adam) is being revived.

Listen to what Paul says here in 

Romans 7:9

King James Version

9 For I was alive without the law once:but when the commandment came, “sin revived,” and I died.”

That word “revive” means to live again….

KJV Translation Count — Total: 5x

The KJV translates Strong's G326 in the following manner: be alive again (2x), revive (2x), live again (1x).

Strong’s Definitions

ἀναζάω anazáō, an-ad-zah'-o; from G303and G2198; to recover life (literally or figuratively):—(be a-)live again, revive.

So this is what the false prophet spirit is teaching, that you can sin and not die.  It is a sin all you want and still be saved message.

This is the same lie the Serpent used to deceive Eve in the beginning, that you can sin and not die.

Genesis 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

It is written….

Galatians 2:17-18

King James Version

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found “sinners,”is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I “build again”the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.”

The warning is clear, do not “revive”sin in your lives!

10 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

Now let me share with you a mystery, which the Lord has revealed to me concerning the image of the man/beast, and what is being “revived” by the false prophet spirit.

It is written in 
Revelation 13:15
“And he had power to “give life”unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”

So what is the false prophet spirit giving life to, and how can he by the power of the red Dragon give life to anything? After all, only God can give Life.

The Devil is said to have the power of death, not the power of Life.

So that means “the deception is”the false prophet spirit is preaching a doctrine that proclaims to bring life, but really it brings death.

So what is being embraced and “revived”in the world and also “in”many in the man made church system today? It is sin. That old man of sin image ( in the first Adam) is being revived.

Listen to what Paul says here in 

Romans 7:9

King James Version

9 For I was alive without the law once:but when the commandment came, “sin revived,” and I died.”

That word “revive” means to live again….

KJV Translation Count — Total: 5x

The KJV translates Strong's G326 in the following manner: be alive again (2x), revive (2x), live again (1x).

Strong’s Definitions

ἀναζάω anazáō, an-ad-zah'-o; from G303and G2198; to recover life (literally or figuratively):—(be a-)live again, revive.

So this is what the false prophet spirit is teaching, that you can sin and not die.  It is a sin all you want and still be saved message.

This is the same lie the Serpent used to deceive Eve in the beginning, that you can sin and not die.

Genesis 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

It is written….

Galatians 2:17-18

King James Version

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found “sinners,”is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
18 For if I “build again”the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.”

The warning is clear, do not “revive”sin in your lives!

So exactly how long are you saying the false prophet practices the authority of the beast on its behalf seeing the beast has 42 months to continue?

Now wouldnt that be 42 months as the beast and the false prophet are both cast alive into the lake of fire together?

Edited by Shilohsfoal

46 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So exactly how long are you saying the false prophet practices the authority of the beast on its behalf seeing the beast has 42 months to continue?

Now wouldnt that be 42 months as the beast and the false prophet are both cast alive into the lake of fire together?

The 42 months is a “sign” of time, and it is a stumbling block for the carnally minded who take it literally.  As it is written, the natural man only knows what he knows “naturally,”and in those things he corrupts himself.

Many believe the 42 months mentioned in Revelation should be taken literally, like a literal 3 and a half year tribulation period.

But I believe the 42 months is a sign (symbolism) of time which should be “spiritually discerned.”

Let’s look at why this 42 months, or 1,260 days is not a literal 3 and half years, but is rather symbolic of time.

In Revelation 12:5-6 we read “5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” (1,260 days or 42 months)

Most would agree this verse is speaking about the birth of Jesus Christ, and his being caught up to God, and the woman being the sign of the spiritual Israel, because these are those who “ have the testimony of Jesus Christ” as seen in Rev. 12:17.

But no matter who you believe the woman represents, the timing of when she fled into the wilderness is shown to be right after the “man-child” was caught up to God and to His throne.”

This time is confirmed again here in Revelation 12:14 “And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.”

So now we have this same 1,260 days shown as “time, times, and half a time” which is also mentioned in the book of Daniel.

This prophecy given to Daniel had to do with “the days of vengeance on the Jews” and ending with the “time of trouble such as the world has never seen” (Daniel 12:1) Which Jesus also mentioned in Matthew 24:21.

And this time of 1,260 days was to begin with the destruction of the Temple, and this time period would also run 1335 days all the way to the redemption of Gods people as Daniel was told in verse 1 “at that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book of Life.”

And then there is mention of the resurrection as mentioned here in Daniel 12:2 “2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”

Then this time is again confirmed in Daniel 12:7 “7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.”

So according to the word of the Lord, all those things mentioned to Daniel shall be finished in that same time period. 

Now let’s look at how this time period is also shown as the same amount of time given to the fullness of the Gentiles.

Jesus spoke of “after the tribulation of those days” in accordance with the tribulation period of the Jews and also for “the fullness of the Gentiles.” ( “that all things which are written may be fulfilled” Luke 21:22)

In Luke 21:24 Jesus says “ And they(the Jews) shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until “the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”

So how long was the times of the Gentiles? Well, were given that time as well in scripture.

Revelation 11:2 “But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

This confirms the Gentile ingathering period, the tribulation of those days, and all those things being fulfilled as listed in the book of Daniel could not possibly be a literal 42 months, or 1,260 days, but rather it is a sign of time.

We also know by Paul’s words that this time of the Gentiles being fulfilled would be marked by ungodliness being removed from Jacob.

Romans 11:25 “For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.”

So we know by scripture the start point of the Gentile period, and when the abomination that desolated the temple mount and Jerusalem was in fact set up in 70 a.d.

And we also know the second coming and resurrection of the dead in Christ has not happened yet, as we also know ungodliness has not yet been removed from Israel at the Lords second coming.

So people need to rethink this sign of time because there is no way it can be a taken at face value and as literal.

Just more food for thought, Peace.

1 hour ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

The 42 months is a “sign” of time, and it is a stumbling block for the carnally minded who take it literally.  As it is written, the natural man only knows what he knows “naturally,”and in those things he corrupts himself.

Many believe the 42 months mentioned in Revelation should be taken literally, like a literal 3 and a half year tribulation period.

But I believe the 42 months is a sign (symbolism) of time which should be “spiritually discerned.”

Let’s look at why this 42 months, or 1,260 days is not a literal 3 and half years, but is rather symbolic of time.

In Revelation 12:5-6 we read “5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” (1,260 days or 42 months)

Most would agree this verse is speaking about the birth of Jesus Christ, and his being caught up to God, and the woman being the sign of the spiritual Israel, because these are those who “ have the testimony of Jesus Christ” as seen in Rev. 12:17.

But no matter who you believe the woman represents, the timing of when she fled into the wilderness is shown to be right after the “man-child” was caught up to God and to His throne.”

This time is confirmed again here in Revelation 12:14 “And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.”

So now we have this same 1,260 days shown as “time, times, and half a time” which is also mentioned in the book of Daniel.

This prophecy given to Daniel had to do with “the days of vengeance on the Jews” and ending with the “time of trouble such as the world has never seen” (Daniel 12:1) Which Jesus also mentioned in Matthew 24:21.

And this time of 1,260 days was to begin with the destruction of the Temple, and this time period would also run 1335 days all the way to the redemption of Gods people as Daniel was told in verse 1 “at that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book of Life.”

And then there is mention of the resurrection as mentioned here in Daniel 12:2 “2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”

Then this time is again confirmed in Daniel 12:7 “7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.”

So according to the word of the Lord, all those things mentioned to Daniel shall be finished in that same time period. 

Now let’s look at how this time period is also shown as the same amount of time given to the fullness of the Gentiles.

Jesus spoke of “after the tribulation of those days” in accordance with the tribulation period of the Jews and also for “the fullness of the Gentiles.” ( “that all things which are written may be fulfilled” Luke 21:22)

In Luke 21:24 Jesus says “ And they(the Jews) shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until “the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”

So how long was the times of the Gentiles? Well, were given that time as well in scripture.

Revelation 11:2 “But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

This confirms the Gentile ingathering period, the tribulation of those days, and all those things being fulfilled as listed in the book of Daniel could not possibly be a literal 42 months, or 1,260 days, but rather it is a sign of time.

We also know by Paul’s words that this time of the Gentiles being fulfilled would be marked by ungodliness being removed from Jacob.

Romans 11:25 “For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.”

So we know by scripture the start point of the Gentile period, and when the abomination that desolated the temple mount and Jerusalem was in fact set up in 70 a.d.

And we also know the second coming and resurrection of the dead in Christ has not happened yet, as we also know ungodliness has not yet been removed from Israel at the Lords second coming.

So people need to rethink this sign of time because there is no way it can be a taken at face value and as literal.

Just more food for thought, Peace.

You say you believe 42 months means something other than 42 months.

Rev 13

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Do you know for a fact that 42 months isn't 42 months and that the word of God is in fact wrong as you suggest?

Or your just suggesting 42 months is wrong and it's possible you might be wrong and 42 months may in fact be 42 months?

Edited by Shilohsfoal

You see,I've learned what the beast is and where he is ,and how long the saints will be persecuted.

The beast is in fact a kingdom.That kingdom is an area of land which was promised long ago to a man named Abraham and his seed for an everlasting possession.But the man Abraham had died before receiving the promise.Understanding the promise made to him would be far off,he believed he would still recieve that land for an everlasting possession.In the verses below we see that land being given to his seed but only after a beast with seven heads and 11 horns is destroyed and it's body being given to the fire.The final 42 months will be a hard time for the saints in the small country governed by the little horn for they will be persecuted.But in the end the entire promised land is emptied out of its inhabitants and all that will be left are the saints that are saved from the fire.Then the saints(seed of Abraham) are given that kingdom for an everlasting possession just as God had promised so long ago.

And that is the end of the matter.

Daniel 7

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You say you believe 42 months means something other than 42 months.

When you come to understand the start point of the time, and the end point of the time prophesied, then you will conclude it cannot be taken literally.

The Revelation is a very symbolic book and it can only be understood by having “the mind of Christ.”  Without the guidance of the Holy Spirit “no man”will understand it.

Just as it is written, no man knows the things of God, but the Spirit of God.

1 hour ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

When you come to understand the start point of the time, and the end point of the time prophesied, then you will conclude it cannot be taken literally.

The Revelation is a very symbolic book and it can only be understood by having “the mind of Christ.”  Without the guidance of the Holy Spirit “no man”will understand it.

Just as it is written, no man knows the things of God, but the Spirit of God.

I know when the start point and the end.

It is a literal 42 months.You are mistaken and the word of God is correct.

Rev 13

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

27 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

It is a literal 42 months.

I suppose there were many in the past who thought the 70 weeks of Daniel was a literal 490 days as well. You could imagine their surprise when they found out it was really 490 years.

It is odd how only a couple of “wise men” back then understood the signs of the coming of the Messiah, and the rest were blind to it.

Jesus told them they could discern the face of the sky, but they could not discern the signs of the times.

Jesus also said to that generation the time of their visitation was also “hid”from them.

Luke 19:42-44

King James Version

42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are “hid”from thine eyes.

43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,

44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou “knewest not the time” of thy visitation.”

This wicked generation is no different, just as Daniel was told, only the “wise” shall understand. To the rest, the day of the Lord shall come upon them like a thief in the night.