• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

How do you witness to a Muslim?

I have just begun volunteering with the Red Cross in our city with their Disaster Assistance Team, and I was helping out with a community service event on Saturday and one of the other volunteers is a man from Morroco who is a Muslim. We got to talking about religion - his versus mine - and he said that he believes all religions lead ultimately to God. I told him that if I were to accept that, then I would not be a true believer in Jesus, because the Christian faith is based upon the belief that Jesus is the only Son of God and the only way to God and to heaven. I told him that my belief was not based upon some superior feeling that my belief is better than his, but it is based upon God's love which compels me to tell others about Jesus because I want them to know him and I want them to be able to spend eternity in heaven with God. I told him that I did not view Christianity as just another "religion," but to me it was a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Of course, he said that all religions believe theirs is the only one. So, when I see him again, which I will, how do I present the gospel to him? How do you talk with someone about Jesus who believes in another god?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You can agree with him!

All reglions DO lead to God.

If you take the time to delve into every religion, and thoroughly scrutinize them, ask the tough questions, and thoroughly exhaust yourself seeking answers, you'll only be left with Christianity. So, in a round about way, he was right! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

You can agree with him!

If you take the time to delve into every religion, and thoroughly scrutinize them, ask the tough questions, and thoroughly exhaust yourself seeking answers, you'll only be left with Christianity. So, in a round about way, he was right! :)

Good point.

A wise and Godly man once told me this: when you witness to a non-Christian, find some truth you can agree on, start there, and build on it.

For instance. Muslims believe in one creator God. You discuss with him that you also believe in one true God who is Creator. Then you ask him questions. Maybe, "how do you know God loves you?" or " tell me who your God is to you".

They also believe in the truth of the Old Testament. So maybe, "who is your favorite Old Testament prophet?" ...and lead into Messianic prophecies.

Listen to him. Feed back to him your understanding of what he says. Now you have bought yourself the right to speak your truth, in a sense. You've listened to him, now you can expect the same.

You could say something like, "can I now tell you how I know God loves me?"....and share the Truth.

Anyway, that's MHO.

Peace,

Fiosh

You can agree with him!

Thanks! You do make a good point. I never thought of it that way.

A wise and Godly man once told me this: when you witness to a non-Christian, find some truth you can agree on, start there, and build on it.

For instance. Muslims believe in one creator God. You discuss with him that you also believe in one true God who is Creator. Then you ask him questions. Maybe, "how do you know God loves you?" or " tell me who your God is to you".

They also believe in the truth of the Old Testament. So maybe, "who is your favorite Old Testament prophet?" ...and lead into Messianic prophecies.

Listen to him. Feed back to him your understanding of what he says. Now you have bought yourself the right to speak your truth, in a sense. You've listened to him, now you can expect the same.

You could say something like, "can I now tell you how I know God loves me?"....and share the Truth.

Anyway, that's MHO.

Peace,

Fiosh

Thank you! I am sure our paths will cross again, so I will try your advice. I don't meet many non-believers, at least not people who profess to be non-believers in Jesus Christ, and I've never had the chance to talk with a Muslim before, so I appreciate your advice. One of my reasons, among many, for volunteering with the Red Cross is so that I can witness to non-Christians.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Anyway, that's MHO.

Peace,

Fiosh

Thank you! I am sure our paths will cross again, so I will try your advice. I don't meet many non-believers, at least not people who profess to be non-believers in Jesus Christ, and I've never had the chance to talk with a Muslim before, so I appreciate your advice. One of my reasons, among many, for volunteering with the Red Cross is so that I can witness to non-Christians.

Oh! I forgot the most important part---which you may already do.......but, just in case.........

Pray to the Holy Spirit to guide you and move in his/her heart before, during and after you witness.

:)

God bless your efforts,

Fiosh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

An awesome thing you can do is to bring to the man the Law of Moses--the 10 Commandments. As a muslim, he should have a great respect for those.

Ask him if he considers himself as good enough to make it into Heaven, and than use the commandments--or at least some of them, ask him if he ever told a lie or stole something or if he has always obeyed his parents--to show him that he falls short of deserving Heaven on his own merit or works, and that because we have broken God's law, we deserve death (remember also: you can bring up the point that even if the best of people break the laws of man--such as speeding etc--all their good deeds does not get them off the hook! They must still pay the fine or serve the time!). From there, take time to explain to him how Jesus came to pay the fine for us, to take the death penalty we deserve so that we may have eternal life in Him, if we repent of our sins and put our faith and truth in Him.

Best of blessings to you! I pray that God will open this man's heart and eyes to the truth, and that we can celebrate his salvation!!

An awesome thing you can do is to bring to the man the Law of Moses--the 10 Commandments. As a muslim, he should have a great respect for those.

Ask him if he considers himself as good enough to make it into Heaven, and than use the commandments--or at least some of them, ask him if he ever told a lie or stole something or if he has always obeyed his parents--to show him that he falls short of deserving Heaven on his own merit or works, and that because we have broken God's law, we deserve death (remember also: you can bring up the point that even if the best of people break the laws of man--such as speeding etc--all their good deeds does not get them off the hook! They must still pay the fine or serve the time!). From there, take time to explain to him how Jesus came to pay the fine for us, to take the death penalty we deserve so that we may have eternal life in Him, if we repent of our sins and put our faith and truth in Him.

Best of blessings to you! I pray that God will open this man's heart and eyes to the truth, and that we can celebrate his salvation!!

Thank you so much. I appreciate yours and everyone's helpful hints. I will pray over all of your advice and will let the Holy Spirit lead me and prepare this man's heart for whatever God wants to say to him through me. I really appreciate all of your input. This has been a BIG help!!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Relationship, relationship, relationship!!!!

Let them see that they can "trust" Christians, so that they will then be able to believe the "truth" as you share it.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

You can agree with him!

If you take the time to delve into every religion, and thoroughly scrutinize them, ask the tough questions, and thoroughly exhaust yourself seeking answers, you'll only be left with Christianity. So, in a round about way, he was right! :24:

Thanks! You do make a good point. I never thought of it that way.

Me neither.It's a good start.

But won't it be agreeing with their religeon, though?

:)