IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

9 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

The Bible says in Revelation 21  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Thank God that now we are saints, even though we still sin sometimes, we have been joined to Christ (1 Cor 6:17) and this is our real, eternal identity! We are in Christ and He is in us - "it is of God that you are in Christ Jesus!" (1 Cor 1:30) And since once we're born-again of Him, we can't be unborn - can Christ die again?  If not, then neither can we!  Hallelujah!!! :hurrah:

(of course, however, God will discipline His children, and sometimes severely if needed)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Thank God that now we are saints, even though we still sin sometimes, we have been joined to Christ (1 Cor 6:17) and this is our real, eternal identity! We are in Christ and He is in us - "it is of God that you are in Christ Jesus!" (1 Cor 1:30) And since once we're born-again of Him, we can't be unborn - can Christ die again?  If not, then neither can we!  Hallelujah!!! :hurrah:

(of course, however, God will discipline His children, and sometimes severely if needed)

Praise the Lord for his mercy endure forever.....But it's the willful sin that is the problem. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12). 

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

13 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Praise the Lord for his mercy endure forever.....But it's the willful sin that is the problem.

There are all kinds of willful sins that most disregard.

For instance, professed believers who blindly follow their leaders are one of them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,455
  • Content Per Day:  8.13

On 8/16/2023 at 11:44 AM, Bro.Tan said:

Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life.

The Bible teaches only ONE WAY to receive eternal life.

John 1:12 -  Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

1 Tim 1:16 -  But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Believe and receive eternal life.  Very simple. 

Anything else added, such as works, behavior, "doing your part" is false doctrine.

When a jailer asked Paul what he MUST DO to be saved, Paul's answer was clear and straight forward:  believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.  Acts 16:30,31

No exceptions.  Anything else is unbiblical.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

5 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Praise the Lord for his mercy endure forever.....But it's the willful sin that is the problem. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12). 

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). 

One of the common mistakes when quoting scripture is a) to take a verse or two out of context and b) combine it with another verse that is entirely separate.  That is what you have done here.

You take two verses from Hebrews and combine them with a single verse from Revelation to explain doctrine.  The problem is that they were written at separate times by different authors.  Conflating them to illustrate a predetermined point isn't valid exegesis.

And then you add more out-of-context verses from a gospel that was written much earlier to a different audience to further bolster your point.

Using this flawed technique you can "prove" virtually anything.  So your analysis is flawed and cannot be accepted as valid exegesis.

5 hours ago, meshak said:

There are all kinds of willful sins that most disregard.

For instance, professed believers who blindly follow their leaders are one of them.

That means absolutely nothing.  What if their leaders (whatever that means) are telling the truth?  

1 Corinthians 12:28, "And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then deeds of power, then gifts of healing, forms of assistance, forms of leadership, various kinds of tongues."

Ephesians 4:11-12, "He himself granted that some are apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

Clearly God created these positions to teach and lead their followers.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

5 hours ago, JimmyB said:

That means absolutely nothing. 

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

If you follow a manmade god that is a blind faith because there is no Truth in man-made god-worshipping churches.

God cannot be mocked.

12 hours ago, meshak said:

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

If you follow a manmade god that is a blind faith because there is no Truth in man-made god-worshipping churches.

God cannot be mocked.

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Peo0ple who attend Christian churches, Jewish synagogues, and even Islamic mosques all worship- the same God.

In case you're not aware, God made mankind, mankind didn't make God.

18 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

The Bible teaches only ONE WAY to receive eternal life.

John 1:12 -  Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

1 Tim 1:16 -  But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Believe and receive eternal life.  Very simple. 

Anything else added, such as works, behavior, "doing your part" is false doctrine.

When a jailer asked Paul what he MUST DO to be saved, Paul's answer was clear and straight forward:  believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.  Acts 16:30,31

No exceptions.  Anything else is unbiblical.

People we must realize, that it is the keeping of God’s holy laws that separates the righteous from the unrighteous and the Saints from the Sinners. (Titus: 3:8) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. You must learn (by the word of God) what God expects of you and maintain his expectations to the end, if you expect to be saved. Jesus says in (Matt. 5:16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. You are supposed to glorify your Father in heaven, and let your light shine before men.

18 hours ago, JimmyB said:

One of the common mistakes when quoting scripture is a) to take a verse or two out of context and b) combine it with another verse that is entirely separate.  That is what you have done here.

You take two verses from Hebrews and combine them with a single verse from Revelation to explain doctrine.  The problem is that they were written at separate times by different authors.  Conflating them to illustrate a predetermined point isn't valid exegesis.

And then you add more out-of-context verses from a gospel that was written much earlier to a different audience to further bolster your point.

Using this flawed technique you can "prove" virtually anything.  So your analysis is flawed and cannot be accepted as valid exegesis.

In the scriptures it's written Proverbs 15: 31 The ear that heareth the reproof of life Abideth among the wise. 32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: But he that heareth reproof getteth understanding. 33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; And before honour is humility.

So now I'm hoping you take heed to those word, so you can learn the next few scriptures we about to in Isaiah 28: Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:  12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. 13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

This is the proper way to teach the word of God, by following the instruction of the word of God.