IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/9/2023 at 4:34 PM, FreeGrace said:

That is wrong.  Paul's mention of the Law included ALL that is found in the Law; not just sacrifices and laws pertaining to the priesthood.  

The rich young ruler thought he had eternal life because he thought he was keeping the law;  hadn't murdered, committed adultery, stole, etc.  That's what Paul was referring to when he mentions the Law.

The OT Law NEVER saved anyone.  The Law proved to everyone that they are unable to keep it.  That was it's purpose.  

Paul proved that Jesus is the Messiah from the OT.  And Paul's gospel was faith in the Messiah for salvation, same as in the OT.

You are conflating two different things.  We are saved by faith in Christ, and what follows salvation are the commands of obedience, for reward.  Our lifestyle has nothing to do with going to heaven.  It has everything to do with whether we will receive reward in eternity.

Jesus wasn't referring to salvation here.  He was referring to earned reward.

Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

Paul says in (Heb. 10:35-39) (v.35) Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. (v.36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. People you must have patience when dealing with the word of God. And you must do the will of God, which is the keeping of his law, if you expect to receive the promise, which is eternal life in the kingdom of God, which will be established on this earth. NO ONE IS GOING TO HEAVEN. And it’s strange that most people who consider themselves “once saved always saved” are the same ones that tell you that God’s commandments were nailed to the cross. (v.37) FOR YET A LITTLE WHILE, AND HE THAT SHALL COME WILL COME, AND WILL NOT TARRY. 

(v.38) NOW THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH: BUT IF ANY MAN DRAW BACK, MY SOUL SHALL HAVE NO PLEASURE IN HIM. What does Paul mean by if any man draw back? You mean that once you are quote “saved” that you can draw back. According to the apostle Paul you can. Like I said earlier that just as you choose by your own free will to start serving the lord, you can by that same free will stop serving the lord or as Paul put it draw back. (v.39) But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. That’s what you must do, you must have faith (believe) unto the saving of the soul. And your soul is not saved as soon as you start to believe on Jesus, salvation is works in progress, not a one step solution.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,198
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

He is still doing His part and He also works through His church. I used to think that the whole load was on me. If someone died it was my fault. I didn't pray hard enough. But recently I was talking to a catholic who said he prayed with Mary as a prayer partner, but he also had a good point, which I didn't even know: Jesus prays for us.

Hebrews 7

25 Therefore He is also able to save [h]to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,467
  • Content Per Day:  8.05

14 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

On 10/9/2023 at 5:28 PM,  FreeGrace said: 

Wow.  Grace is the reason man is saved.  Grace saves, NOT works.  But you don't seem to believe the Bible, in spite of all the verses that refute your claims.

Yet you have the gall to call it "nothing more than a free gift".  How low can you go?

Paul said in (Gal. 6:) (v.3) For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. (v.4) But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 

The book says let every man prove his own work, and if your work is good then you will rejoice in it. (v.5) For every man shall bear his own burden. That’s right; every man must bear his own burden. You mean you thought that all you had to do was confess the name of Jesus and that was it?

Brothers and sisters you must work to get salvation. (v.7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. God is not to be played with. Whatsoever you plant, that’s what you are going to reap. Be it good works unto eternal life, or evil works unto eternal damnation. The choice is yours, and your works belong to you. 

We're getting nowhere.  You fail to address anything I have posted, and just keep throwing out verses/passages that you think support your views, but don't, as I have repeatedly shown.  And you just ignore the verses that clearly refute your views.

So, what's up?

Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him.

Sadly, one can stop serving Him.  But that does NOT result in loss of salvation.  This is just another clear example of your TOTAL REJECTION of what Jesus said in John 10:28.

Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

Please check out the context for that verse.  It is referring to the 7 year tribulation that is in view regarding "the end".  It sure doesn't apply to every believer, but only those who will be IN the tribulation.  And the word saved doesn't refer to soul salvation, since that issue is totally resolved WHEN one believes.  John 5:24, another verse that you won't address or acknowledge.

And your soul is not saved as soon as you start to believe on Jesus, salvation is works in progress, not a one step solution.

Thank you for yet another glaring example of your refusal to believe John 5:24, where Jesus SAID "whoever believes (present tense) HAS (present tense) eternal life.

If that isn't salvation, then nothing is.  But you just ignore the verse as if it doesn't exist and Jesus didn't say that.

Think on this:  If salvation is a works in progress, then salvation depends on YOU and your works.  That is blasphemous!!  You are NOT a savior, either of yourself or anyone else.  

You are trusting in your own works to save you.  That isn't even Christianity.

1 hour ago, Renskedejonge said:

He is still doing His part and He also works through His church. I used to think that the whole load was on me. If someone died it was my fault. I didn't pray hard enough. But recently I was talking to a catholic who said he prayed with Mary as a prayer partner, but he also had a good point, which I didn't even know: Jesus prays for us.

Hebrews 7

25 Therefore He is also able to save [h]to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Or, more simply and clearly, just believe what Jesus said.

In John 5:24 He said "whoever believes has eternal life", which means the MOMENT one becomes a believer through saving faith they possess eternal life.

Then, in John 10:28 Jesus said that recipients of eternal life shall never perish.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

2 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Hebrews 7

@Renskedejonge Great verse there.

Reminds me also of 1 Timothy 2.5-6: 'For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;  who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time'.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Sadly, one can stop serving Him.  But that does NOT result in loss of salvation.  This is just another clear example of your TOTAL REJECTION of what Jesus said in John 10:28.

Please check out the context for that verse.  It is referring to the 7 year tribulation that is in view regarding "the end".  It sure doesn't apply to every believer, but only those who will be IN the tribulation.  And the word saved doesn't refer to soul salvation, since that issue is totally resolved WHEN one believes.  John 5:24, another verse that you won't address or acknowledge.

Thank you for yet another glaring example of your refusal to believe John 5:24, where Jesus SAID "whoever believes (present tense) HAS (present tense) eternal life.

If that isn't salvation, then nothing is.  But you just ignore the verse as if it doesn't exist and Jesus didn't say that.

Think on this:  If salvation is a works in progress, then salvation depends on YOU and your works.  That is blasphemous!!  You are NOT a savior, either of yourself or anyone else.  

You are trusting in your own works to save you.  That isn't even Christianity.

In Acts 2: 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

7 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

We're getting nowhere.  You fail to address anything I have posted, and just keep throwing out verses/passages that you think support your views, but don't, as I have repeatedly shown.  And you just ignore the verses that clearly refute your views.

So, what's up?

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

8 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14).

How do you see this aligning with the book of Galatians? 

23 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:
Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

This has nothing to do with going to heaven.  Another unrelated quotation.