IGNORED

THE JW PLAN OF SALVATION IS A PLAN OF DAMNATION!

Arthur Durnan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

The 19th-century religion known as "Jehovah's Witnesses" takes its title from Isaiah 43:1,10. The only problem is that that designation was never given to the followers of Charles Taze Russell but to LITERAL ISRAEL as shown in Isaiah 43:1! The "WAtchtower" PLAGIARIZED that very title and gave it to themselves! Wonders never cease!

This nineteenth-century organization known by a whole variety of names since its inception by Charles Russell plods on today with their very own portrayal of a Christ whose body was "consumed into gasses" or "preserved for future generations by Jehovah" - WHAT A COLOSSAL CROCK INDEED!

The "Jehovah's False Witnesses" are indeed hoist by their own petard. They urgently need everlasting salvation thru the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished cross-work on Mount Calvary. Check John 5:24 & Ephesians 2:8,9.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

"hoist by their own petard"

A polite way of saying, "Lauched into the air by their own farts." Or, "blown up by their own ammunition."

Is there any way I could convince you to not use all caps in the subject lines of your posts. Your post will get enough attention without them, friend.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

"blown up by their own ammunition."

Yep

Small sidetrack here: a petard was a crude bomb back in the old days. It had a slow burning fuse and was usually placed near the wall or gates. Sometimes they went off too soon, being crude and all. Whoever lit the fuse was, well, thrown. Hence the term. So, you are foiled by your own making, or, your own plots. Sidetrack over. :D

Guest shadow2b
"blown up by their own ammunition."

Yep

Small sidetrack here: a petard was a crude bomb back in the old days. It had a slow burning fuse and was usually placed near the wall or gates. Sometimes they went off too soon, being crude and all. Whoever lit the fuse was, well, thrown. Hence the term. So, you are foiled by your own making, or, your own plots. Sidetrack over. :help:

AHHhhhhh--trav.my little rosebud----your vast wealth of information on a multidimensional subject-matter never ceases to amaze me.... HOW do you do that?? Have you acquired that multifarious knowledge from the academia ranks or just a very enlightening life of observance ??--oh well, it doesn't really matter just curious..

By the by i haven't found that thread yet either--------------------GOD-BLESS--------------------------{Gary} :D

Actually, the original post concerning the Jehovah's Witnesses is only partially true. Like other false religions, the JW's plan of salvation centers around the church organization and teachings. Simply put, this is what I call "Salvation by religious affiliation." JWs believe that unless you are a JW (member) you will not be saved. This is basically the same doctrine that the Mormons and the Church of Christ have.

God-man - haven't the Church of Christ strayed away from that?

No. The International Churches of Christ are still very much that way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Who are the Church of Christ? We have a church here in town that is called the "Church of Christ". Is this probably one of them? I find all these factions fascinating for some reason.

There are at least three groups that I know that use the title "Church of Christ." There is the mainline Church of Christ, which is only loosley affiliated. Meaning that church localities in different areas are not necesarilly tied to one another, and do not necesarilly have the same doctrinal stance.

Then there is the International Church of Christ (ICC). The ICC has church localities all over the U.S., and some internationally. Each church locality takes the name of the city in which it resides. So a locality in Los Angeles would have the name, "The Los Angeles Church of Christ." Taking the name of a local city is actually very Biblical, so I do not criticize them from that. However, the ICC's doctrines are very controversial, and some have labeled it a "cult of Christianity." The ICC does teach its members that you must be a member of the ICC in order to get to heaven. They also believe in baptismal regeneration. Among the stranger doctrines is their belief that praise and worship songs must be sung accapella. No instrumentation is allowed in their singing. This groups has also been widely criticized for their methods of "discipling" others. They are criticized for being very legal and authorative.

The third group started as a movement of some sort. I'm not sure if it's affiliated with the ICC, though. This movement started in Boston by a group known as the Boston Church of Christ. As far as I know, the Boston Church of Christ was basically an offshoot of a Christian Scientist movement.

Thank you for that explanation God-man. That helps a lot. My brother is a member of a local Church of Christ, yet he has steadfastly said that they do not have the doctrine of "salvation by relation." I am not CofC yet he and I have the same beliefs. Hmmmm....... I wonder where the differences are?