• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

8 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

People are people. I assure you there are plenty of Jews just as bad.

I remember you saying how generous your dad was, and that's how I want to see all Jews . It seems odd to be talking about a people when I mostly don't think about it. I greeted an asian guy this morning, and a black muslim gives me the arm bump and says we are "blessed by the best" most of the time when I see him. If anything race and people type interests me. Just really cool to see how cool and different some people are. 

As I mentioned before, not much experience with Jewish persons directly. Several of the presidents of my university have been Jewish, but you would never have guessed by looking at them. So maybe I'm coming into contact with them all the time unawares. There are some stereotypes I'm aware of. Lots of jewish people like to go into law, similar to Indians becoming doctors. I generally see Jewish people as being well off because  Philadelphia 40 miles away they practically own the city. Them and the Italians. The one Jewish guy I knew online was dating upscale women like actresses, but secretly told me they would have nothing to do with him because he didn't make enough $$. He sells sunglasses and watches online. Seems to still do very well as a nice apartment in NYC isn't peanuts.There seems to be a cultural expectation around here among them that they are expected to do not just well, but very well. I had the impression that a daughter had better not drag a plumber into the house as her boyfriend. She might be shunned.

Just stereotypes because really that's all I have to go on.

Several nice Jewish churches not far from me. One of them is pretty impressive, so I believe they take their religion seriously.