• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86
  • Days Won:  0

Source: Earth's Changing Gravity

We have more data than understanding. Knowing that ice melting tens of thousands of years ago is affecting global warming kind of puts in perspective so called "man-made" global warming.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86

From the source quoted above:

Even glaciers that melted long ago affect sea level today. For instance, a large mass of ice covered the Hudson Bay area during the last Ice Age, which ended around 15,000 years ago. Now, without the weight of glaciers, the land beneath that area is slowly rebounding at a rate of about 1 centimeter (0.3 inch) per year. Over time, this postglacial rebound affects regional coastlines, complicating tide gauge readings and making it harder to monitor changes in global sea level. GRACE data will allow scientists to measure the change that can be attributed to postglacial rebound, making it easier to determine how much other factors -- such as global warming -- contribute to rising sea levels.

In my own words, the sea levels today are being affected by gravity changes that may have happened 15,000 years ago. Man-made global warming is a simplification of more complex scientific processes that are not fully understood.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,332
  • Content Per Day:  2.81

In 1980 I was in Houston and scientist said Galveston would be a least a foot under water in 20 years. They certainly missed the mark.

I think if they have a hard time with 20 years I am not going to believe them about 15.000 years

• Thumbs Up 1