• Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Luke 2:25 And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon,

and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel,

and the Holy Spirit was upon him.

[G3874]-paraclesis=comforting words, consolation, exhortation

The Word of Prophecy In Christ

Acts 4:

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (son of a prophet) which is being interpreted,

The son of consolation, a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

1 Corinthians 14:3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.

The Seven-fold Ministry of the Holy Spirit

2 Corinthians 1:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort

4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble,

with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 

5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 

6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring

the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 

7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings,

so also you will partake of the consolation.

The Word of Exhortation for the Church

Acts 13:15 And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent to them,

saying, “Men and brethren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.”

God Pleasing

1 Thessalonians 2:

3 For our exhortation did not come from error or uncleanness, nor was it in deceit.

4 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, 

not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.

Saving Yourself and Others

1 Timothy 4:

13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 

14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy 

with the laying on of the hands of the elders. 

15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them,

that your progress may be evident to all. 

16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this

you will save both yourself and those who hear you.

Divine Discipline

Hebrews 12:

3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, 

lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. 

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. 

5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:

“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”

Benediction

Hebrews 13:

20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, 

that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 

21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you

what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

22 And I appeal to you, brethren, bear with the word of exhortation,

for I have written to you in few words.

Edited by Mr. M

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13

Faithful By The Spirit

Romans 12:

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: 

if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 

7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 

8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads,

with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

The Comforter Has Come

Acts 9:31 Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria

had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord

and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.

Romans 15:

2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification. 

3 For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, 

“The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me.” 

4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning,

that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. 

5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded

toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, 

6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God

and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:

1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love,

if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 

2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, 

being of one accord, of one mind. 

3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit,

but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 

4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests,

but also for the interests of others.

Eternal Consolation and Good Hope

2 Thessalonians:

15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which

you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, 

who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation

and good hope by grace, 

17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

Hebrews 6:

17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise 

the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 

18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie,

we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge

to lay hold of the hope set before us.

Guest AFlameOfFire

I am not sure if these fit exactly into your theme completely MrM, I can delete them if they are not what you are looking for, but it was something I written up on a previous post over a decade ago. 

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with  you, and shall be in you.

The Comforter which is the Holy Ghost (Who shall teach)

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1Cr 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

As John the baptist bears record

Mark 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 20:21-22 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Acts 2:23 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mark 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Luke 12:12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

John 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. (John 1:30, 34)

Ephes 1:12-13 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

And when He is within us he beareth witness with our spirit

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

2Cr 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation,that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Acts 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

The promise

Luke 23:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

The gift of the Holy Ghost

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The promise is unto you and your children

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Guest AFlameOfFire

It mentions the Spirit being poured out and then states as followed

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The Spirit dividing to every man as He will even in the same, in Acts 21:9 mentions the four daughters which did prophesy,

Acts 21:9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

That was for both "their sons and daughters" so that "ye may ALL prophesy"

1 Cr 14:3 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

...and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Whereas the men of the NT are shown as the ones having dreams and visions and even following the instruction given them in them, and witness (two together) and the Lord as the third (between them) for His own purposes.