IGNORED

Persecuted Christians Increasingly Denied Asylum in U.S.

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,323
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) – As thousands of immigrants cross the United States’ southern border illegally every week, a recent report by two global Christian relief organizations has found that the U.S. has reduced the resettlement of Christians fleeing global persecution by 70% compared to 2016.

Open Doors, which annually ranks the 50 countries in which it is most difficult to live as a Christian, and World Relief, a global Christian humanitarian organization, issued a joint report in September that in 2022 the U.S. government resettled barely one-third of the number of Christian refugees who were granted asylum in 2016.

In 2022, the number of Christians resettled from the worst 50 countries for Christian persecution on Open Doors 2023 World Watch List was down 70% from six years ago. Last year, 9,528 Christians were resettled from those 50 countries, down from 32,248 in 2016. [ Source (Read More…) ]

View the full article

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

um.... Very sorry but I am a bit puzzled perhaps ?  :unsure:

I am not fully certain why the main article just compared  data from 2022 (and 2021?) with data from 2016.... but possibly totally overlooked data from fiscal years 2017 until 2020?   :blink:

Or in other words data from 2016  (President Obama administration) was compared with data from President Biden administration....    but data from the President Trump years was mostly left out or not included?    :unsure:

The reason I am asking is because when the President Trump administration took over.. the number of refugees admitted into the Usa was drastically cut.. (year by year?)..

Since there was a sharp cut in the overall number of refugees allowed into the Usa.... it is quite likely the number of Christian refugees allowed to enter the Usa might have also become reduced....

Also even the main / source article figure of a ceiling of 15000 refugees for fiscal year 2021.. was actually originally set by the President Trump administration.... and just carried on (initially) by the President Biden administration before it was revised later....  

Anyways.... Just a small note that's all. :b:

Please please understand that I am not trying to slam President Trump  ..or President Biden..  or any other american President....

It is up to the Usa and americans to decide how many refugees from faraway countries they wish to admit to the Usa every year.

But.. for data to be compared fairly.. it often needs to be given in context..

And data being left out might potentially (unintentionaly?) distort what actually happened? 

Just my personal thoughts thats all.  Truly no offence intended. 

Thanks. 

:b:

Edited by just_abc