• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Shamash...,

First when a Jew recognizes that Yeshua is the Messiah they still observe the Torah as YHWH commands. So they will offer up sacrifices to YHWH as a remembrance to HIM. Not in anyway as for salvation. You miss understand Yeshua fulfilling the Torah and the Prophets.

It is you that does not understand. Have you not read:

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Hebrews 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Hebrews 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Hebrews 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Hebrews 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me) to do thy will, O God.

Hebrews 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Hebrews 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

A completed Jew will recognize by the SCRIPTURES that a "sacrifice" of an animal is an abomination before the Lord because it makes a mockery of the cross. This is TRUE WORSHIP:

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Remembrance will be by this:

Luke 22:17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:

Luke 22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Why don't the Jews practice animal sacrifice anymore? 

What about the animal rights people? I can't see the world allowing it right now.

As it is they seem to need to slaughter their cows by slitting the throats of living animals. I believe that it is law in NZ that the animal has to be stunned first.

I know God ordained it but I find it a horrible thought. Can't you just imagine during the time of the sacrifice, the stench, the bawling and the loathing of having to kill an animal in such a way. Sometimes it was the family pet.

The Lamb of God, so graciously took all that suffering and horror unto Himself. He was the ultimate sacrifice.

Ethlyn irchever.gif

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Ezekiel 40-48 most certainly does show animal sacrifice being resumed in the new temple, to atone for the sins of the people

This doesn't make sense to me, because if they are brought to Yashua before the glory of God enters into the new temple from the way of the east, if this temple shown to Ezekiel represents the millenial reign, then why will they continue to need this atonement? Christ provides atonement once for all. This implies also that there will still be sin in the milleniel kingdom.

Mrs Mac writes:

As it is they seem to need to slaughter their cows by slitting the throats of living animals. I believe that it is law in NZ that the animal has to be stunned first.

I know God ordained it but I find it a horrible thought. Can't you just imagine during the time of the sacrifice, the stench, the bawling and the loathing of having to kill an animal in such a way. Sometimes it was the family pet.

it is supposed to be horrible. We are supposed to see the price of sin.

OA writes;

This doesn't make sense to me, because if they are brought to Yashua before the glory of God enters into the new temple from the way of the east, if this temple shown to Ezekiel represents the millenial reign, then why will they continue to need this atonement? Christ provides atonement once for all. This implies also that there will still be sin in the milleniel kingdom.

that is because there will be!

The final judgement of the living and the dead comes at the end of this millennial reign.

There will be those who enter the millennium who haven't placed their faith in Yeshua and there will also be those born during this time.

At least, that is how I read it.

dad ernie could explain it better...

Is this thousand year millenial kingdom a Jewish concept based on Old Testament scripture, or is it a newer revelation based on John's Revelation after Christ?

• 2 months later...
Greetings Shamash...,

First when a Jew recognizes that Yeshua is the Messiah they still observe the Torah as YHWH commands. So they will offer up sacrifices to YHWH as a remembrance to HIM. Not in anyway as for salvation. You miss understand Yeshua fulfilling the Torah and the Prophets.

It is you that does not understand. Have you not read:

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Hebrews 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Hebrews 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Hebrews 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Hebrews 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me) to do thy will, O God.

Hebrews 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

Hebrews 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

A completed Jew will recognize by the SCRIPTURES that a "sacrifice" of an animal is an abomination before the Lord because it makes a mockery of the cross. This is TRUE WORSHIP:

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Remembrance will be by this:

Luke 22:17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:

Luke 22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Very good post. I would just add two more scriptures if I may.

Psalms 51:16: For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17: The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Hey Benny:

Thanks for bringing this thread back up. The question I cannot seem to get a satisfactory answer to is what is Ezekiel's temple for anyway, and where does it fit in the prophetical timeline? To me, it respresents a theological conundrum.

Good Morning, Benny:

I think that most agree that the prince is not Christ in Ezekiel's temple.

If Ezekiel's temple is not taken literally, but metaphoricaly, where then is there a 'millenial temple' in the Bible?

We have allusions to an endtime temple in Daniel and Matthew 24, where the abomination of desolations will stand, but I'm not convinced there will be a millenial temple.

Dad Ernie put up an interesting post on Hieron and Naos, which are the New Testament Greek for temple that may cast a little light on this study over here.