• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

You should take your own advice. Hard to do, I know. 

How do you know what God thinks? You do an interview?

None of us knows everything God thinks.   I'm just suggesting that where He doesn't say something, it's a bad idea to add it.    We'll just have to disagree, I suppose.

Let Him have His way?

Good point.   No matter what YE says, God does what He will.

Of all the ridiculous stabs at manipulation....

I don't think you intentionally misrepresented me.    Read it again, and maybe it will make more sense for you.

15 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

Your post about biorhythms has NOTHING whatever to do with the creation of the seven day week.  It's just another diversion.

So you think God just lucked out and drew a seven-day cycle out of the air?    I don't think so.   As Jesus said, the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.    We have a seven-day week, because vertebrates evolved a seven-day cycle, and a day of rest on the last day was healthy for man.

That cycle existed long before the Decalogue.    Again, God knew best, regardless of YE doctrines.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

5 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

So you think God just lucked out and drew a seven-day cycle out of the air? 

Lucked out?  You really don't understand God at all, do you?

The word "seasons" here, translated "HaMoyadim", means "the appointed times." When searched for as an equidistant letter sequence, the word appears only once in the Book of Genesis, at the interval of 70, clustering EXACTLY where the word is spelled explicitly in the text, and where the calendar is established. In addition, there are only 70 specially appointed times for holy days called HaMoyadim, in a year, as defined by Leviticus 23-52. The very interval where HaMoyadim, "the appointed times," is encrypted in the text. Coincidence? (The longer the word, the smaller its chances to be found in the text at any given interval. The odds against this have been estimated at more than 70,000,000 to one.)  source

5 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

We have a seven-day week, because vertebrates evolved a seven-day cycle, and a day of rest on the last day was healthy for man

You just make stuff up as you go along, right?  I've challenged you before to identify the things in the Scriptures you believe and those you do not believe.  You refused to answer.  Instead you demonstrate time and again that there is NOTHING in the Scriptures you believe.  It's just a source for you to quote mine things out of context to promote your satanic religion. 

So you think God just lucked out and drew a seven-day cycle out of the air? 

1 hour ago, RV_Wizard said:

Lucked out? 

And you're wrong.   As you just learned, that circaseptan rhythm was built into vertebrate physiology from the start.   You have it backwards.    God's commandment merely observed the reality of the way humans evolved from other vertebrates.   You really don't understand God at all, do you?

I've challenged you before to identify the things in the Scriptures you believe and those you do not believe. 

Yes, that's called the "have you stopped beating your wife" question.   As you learned I accept all of it as it is.   You accept the parts you like and modify the parts you don't.

Is there anything in scripture you believe without your alterations?

It's just a source for you to quote mine things out of context to promote your satanic religion. 

Christianity isn't satanic.   But I can see why some YE creationists might think that it is.

Edited by The Barbarian

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

God's commandment merely observed the reality of the way humans evolved from other vertebrates.

So now God is merely an observer?  How much blaspheme are we supposed to put up with?  There is so much dishonesty in your posts I don't believe we have a single point of common agreement.  

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

As you learned I accept all of it as it is.

No, that's a flat out lie.

You don't accept the original creation, nor the days of creation, nor the timetable of creation, nor the manner of creation, nor even that God created all living things.  You may give God credit for starting things in motion, but you refuse to accept that He created ANYTHING more than a few cells.  After that, the creation created itself in your mind.  You don't believe in the forth commandment or God inscribing stone tablets.

You don't accept the fall of man, or the consequence of sin, or the origination of sin and death, or the cursed planet, or the fact that man's wickedness prompted God to wipe the slate clean and start over, or the great flood, or the ark, or Noah and his family, or the bottleneck of species caused by the pairs from the ark.  You don't believe the ark landed in the mountains of Ararat, nor that the flood was any more than a local occurrence.

These are just some of things you have directly denied.  I'm sure you disbelieve that Balaam's ass ever spoke, that Aaron's rod became a snake, or that the Red Sea was parted, or that the Exodus ever happened at all.

If we learn from your denials, I really don't think you believe anything in the Bible.

• Thumbs Up 2

God's commandment merely observed the reality of the way humans evolved from other vertebrates.

20 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

So now God is merely an observer?

No, you're wrong there, too.   God made living things, remember?   They were created naturally, but God created nature to do it.    Have some faith in God, please.

21 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

You don't accept the original creation, nor the days of creation, nor the timetable of creation, nor the manner of creation, nor even that God created all living things. 

I believe all of those things.   The difference between you and me, is that you don't accept the way He did it.

22 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

These are just some of things you have directly denied.

Why misrepresent things that are here in the thread?   C'mon.   You don't like the way scripture tells us about creation, so you invented your own revision of His word.   If you'd just accept His word as it is, you wouldn't be troubled any longer.

And the anger will go away.   Give it all to God and let Him be God.

7 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

I believe all of those things. 

In the immortal words of me, anyone who claims to believe in evolution and the Bible has a firm understanding of neither.  Here are a few major differences between your religion and God's word.

Evolution  /  Genesis
Sun before earth  /  Earth before sun
Dry land before sea  /  Sea before dry land
Atmosphere before sea  /  Sea before atmosphere
Sun before light on earth  /  Light on earth before sun
Stars before earth  /  Earth before stars
Earth at same time as planets  /  Earth before other planets
Sea creatures before land plants  /  Land plants before sea creatures
Earthworms before starfish /   Starfish before earthworms
Land animals before trees  /  Trees before land animals
Death before man  /  Man before death
Thorns and thistles before man  /  Man before thorns and thistles
TB pathogens & cancer before man  /   Man before TB pathogens and cancer
Reptiles before birds  /  Birds before reptiles
Land mammals before whales  /  Whales before land animals
Simple plants before fruit trees /   Fruit trees before other plants*
Insects before mammals /   Mammals (cattle) before “creeping things”*
Land mammals before bats  /  Bats before land animals
Dinosaurs before birds  /  Birds before dinosaurs
Insects before flowering plants  /  Flowering plants before insects
Sun before plants  /  Plants before sun
Dinosaurs before dolphins  /  Dolphins before dinosaurs
Land reptiles before pterosaurs  /  Pterosaurs before land reptiles
Land insects before flying insects   / Flying insects before land insects

Jesus said, "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other."  It's very clear which you love and which you despise.  You aren't on an atheist website trying to lead atheists to the Lord.  You're on a Christian website trying to lead Christians away.  Every Biblical reference you make is a misrepresentation and a partial quote taken deliberately out of context.

7 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

And the anger will go away. 

There is no anger.  You're here teaching lies and heresies, using distortions of God's word to undermine the faith of believers.  I am defending the Scriptures and pointing out the obvious distortions so that all may know that your false claims have no validity.  I am defending the Scriptures while you attack.  In the end, you always lose because I have the truth and you can't even be honest with yourself about what you believe.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,462
  • Content Per Day:  8.07

14 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

The word "seasons" here, translated "HaMoyadim", means "the appointed times."

Now, why do you bother with this Hebrew word when you certainly won't bother with 2 other Hebrew words, tohu wabohu?

Kinda hypocritical, huh.

Remember, you said it's just a "translation" anyway.  

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,462
  • Content Per Day:  8.07

13 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Huh??  Genesis 1 is crystal clear.  God created the first human being from the "dust of the ground" (the chemicals) and then breathing into his nose neshemah, or breath of life.  No animals involved at all.  And God created woman from man's flesh.  Again, no animals involved.

From Adam and the woman came the human race.

Acts 17:26 - From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

Red = Adam

Blue = human race.  

You can forget the "other vertebrates".

13 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

You really don't understand God at all, do you?

It seems you don't understand the Bible at all.

1 hour ago, FreeGrace said:

Huh??  Genesis 1 is crystal clear.  God created the first human being from the "dust of the ground" (the chemicals) and then breathing into his nose neshemah, or breath of life.  No animals involved at all.

I know some people want to make that into a literal account, but the text itself says it's not.

From Adam and the woman came the human race.

Genetics, anatomy, and a very large number of transitional forms show humans to have evolved from other primates.   No point in denying it.   Neither scripture nor the evidence are consistent with a literal re-interpretation of the creation story.

Acts 17:26 - From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

Red = Adam

Blue = human race.  

Which is consistent with God's word.  You just don't like the way He created Adam.   It seems you don't understand the Bible at all.