• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,375
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

it's possible that you might not currently live in the country. Not sure if that's true or not?

If you toggle members info under my avatar, you should see Los Angeles as my location.    Although L.A. does have landscaping and trees, I am in a business district.   Apartments, restaurants, markets, banks, businesses.

I've been in Los Angeles since 1967 but I was raised in beautiful Pennsylvania.... that's where Fallingwater is located.   Lots of pretty woods, waterfalls, streams, etc.   Even though I lived in Pittsburgh, it's a very woodsy city.   So I had a good childhood with gardens, trees, bushes everywhere.

Do you mind telling me your State?   

My senior citizen cousin and his wife bought a home a couple of years ago in a small town in Ohio.   They had been living in Florida but wanted to be near to his wife's family.   I thought the same as you....hard to clean those big houses.

Guest AFlameOfFire
33 minutes ago, Debp said:

If you toggle members info under my avatar, you should see Los Angeles as my location.    Although L.A. does have landscaping and trees, I am in a business district.   Apartments, restaurants, markets, banks, businesses.

I've been in Los Angeles since 1967 but I was raised in beautiful Pennsylvania.... that's where Fallingwater is located.   Lots of pretty woods, waterfalls, streams, etc.   Even though I lived in Pittsburgh, it's a very woodsy city.   So I had a good childhood with gardens, trees, bushes everywhere.

Do you mind telling me your State?   

My senior citizen cousin and his wife bought a home a couple of years ago in a small town in Ohio.   They had been living in Florida but wanted to be near to his wife's family.   I thought the same as you....hard to clean those big houses.

I was raised in the same state as you Debp but in more in the suburban areas, my husband also, but he grew up in the city of Philly. Presently we live in SC. It's nice here, although the Autumns are more beautiful in PA with all the colors, I do not miss the longer winters, or the snow though. 

6 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I was raised in the same state as you Debp but in more in the suburban areas, my husband also, but he grew up in the city of Philly. Presently we live in SC. It's nice here, although the Autumns are more beautiful in PA with all the colors, I do not miss the longer winters, or the snow though. 

Were you from Western PA?  Maybe Eastern where Philly is?

Guest AFlameOfFire
18 minutes ago, Debp said:

Were you from Western PA?  Maybe Eastern where Philly is?

A half hour from Lancaster if that helps

Guest AFlameOfFire

You know, I went to search Lancaster PA and I was like what??!! I just see more of a city like place, its been 20 years since we have been there, is that what happened to it? The Lancaster I recall was all Amish country, we would drive up there every other weekend for bunch and shopping back then. So I searched Lancaster Amish country and that come back with the results I remember of Lancaster. 

I forget times change, places change, and it doesn't take that long for those changes to show up. But its good that it hasn't changed much, I just never went into the city part of Lancaster, whereas when we went into the city is was usually Philadelphia his preferred choice.

5 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

A half hour from Lancaster if that helps

Yes, that's Eastern PA.   I'm from Western PA.

4 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

You know, I went to search Lancaster PA and I was like what??!! I just see more of a city like place, its been 20 years since we have been there, is that what happened to it? The Lancaster I recall was all Amish country, we would drive up there every other weekend for bunch and shopping back then. So I searched Lancaster Amish country and that come back with the results I remember of Lancaster. 

I forget times change, places change, and it doesn't take that long for those changes to show up. But its good that it hasn't changed much, I just never went into the city part of Lancaster, whereas when we went into the city is was usually Philadelphia his preferred choice.

I never got to the Amish country just North of Pittsburgh.   I was just a child and young teen so didn't know about it then.   But it would have been so interesting.   I understand there are quilt shops, Amish bakeries and the Amish also craft furniture.

It would have been fun to see the horse drawn buggies, too.

Guest AFlameOfFire
22 minutes ago, Debp said:

I never got to the Amish country just North of Pittsburgh.   I was just a child and young teen so didn't know about it then.   But it would have been so interesting.   I understand there are quilt shops, Amish bakeries and the Amish also craft furniture.

It would have been fun to see the horse drawn buggies, too.

I do miss that, and as an outsider looking in there is a respect I have for their life as they chose to live it in this world. Their simple life is like a breath of fresh air and you even feel a benefit being around them on those short trips. 

And they would most likely survive a severe economic down turn in this country similar to the great depression far better than most.

Good for them.

Edited by AFlameOfFire