• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

Just recently an Australian Doctor was arrested for being in possesion of 51 ilegal firearms and over 100,000 rounds of amunition...it has been said that he was "just an avid gun collector", however these guns were ilegal in Australia and there was evidence that they had all been fired at some time...

i am quite shaken by learning this, since this man has been my GP for the past year...though i found him to be reasonably nice i have also heard many rummors over the past year that state otherwise about this man...

the Doctor i am talking about operated operated on me and treated my whole family, it has come as quite a shock to us all...i mean he had enough ammo to kill everyone within a hundred mile radius...it scares me to think what he is involved in...for all i know he could have been a terrorist !!!

though i dobt this notion...the mind does race !!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. Not everyone who collects guns and ammunitioni is a terrorist.

There are two shotguns and a rifle in my house right now, and I haven't hunted in at least two years.

I had an uncle, who is now passed away, who had scores of shotguns and rifles of every sort on display in all the rooms of his house in locked cases. I don't know how many rounds he had, but probably at least a few thousand. Even if he only had one small box of shells for each gun, it would still make about a dozen to one hundred shots per gun.

In any case the man you speak of had no business collecting guns illegally. But that doesn't make him a terrorist any more than it makes someone a terrorist because they drive 5 mph over the speed limit everywhere they go.

People break the law in "little" ways every day, and mean no harm in doing so. It is just human nature to do whatever they feel like doing.

I'm not talking about a few rifles and shotguns here... i am talking about 51 illegal semi-automatic and automatic machine guns, ouzos and the likes...all i am saying these guns were not for "HUNTING WABITS"...they r killing machines made to kill men and lots of them !!!

And about the terrorist thing...these days...anyone could be one espessialy a man with 51 illegal guns smuggled into the country !!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Just my opinion: If a person is merely a "collector" of guns, that is to say ... put them on display and have them to admire... he would need only enough ammo to fire one occasionally as a demonstration. I would be concerned about 100,000 rounds.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

YIKES !!

Definitly makes you stop and think !!

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Just recently an Australian Doctor was arrested for being in possesion of 51 ilegal firearms and over 100,000 rounds of amunition...it has been said that he was "just an avid gun collector", however these guns were ilegal in Australia and there was evidence that they had all been fired at some time...

i am quite shaken by learning this, since this man has been my GP for the past year...though i found him to be reasonably nice i have also heard many rummors over the past year that state otherwise about this man...

the Doctor i am talking about operated operated on me and treated my whole family, it has come as quite a shock to us all...i mean he had enough ammo to kill everyone within a hundred mile radius...it scares me to think what he is involved in...for all i know he could have been a terrorist !!!

I've got hunters and gun collectors in my family, in fact I own one myself and enjoy target shooting. So guns in and of themselves don't bother me. But that many illegal guns, and especially 100,000 rounds is a bit excessive. I think I would ask for an explanation or find a new doctor.

Peace,

F

This is just so unheard of in Australia...we don't have a real big gun problem here and it was even reduced in 1996 by what happened in Port Aurthur in Tasmania...when Martin Bryant single handedly massacred 37 people and injured another 53 !!! since then the laws on gun have been so tight i don't even know how this Doctor came into possession of some of these weapons as they were ones usually used by foreign militia organizations.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

were these guns collected ( awuired ) prior to the ban of the guns? is this where he had them for years? and then afraid to register them or list them with the authorities for fear of loosing the collection because of power of the government to steal away our rights and privilages???

I know people that have guns that will never let them go until they are dead.... no matter how the law changes....

i know of some that have guns that use to be legal, but now are not....

how did the authorities find out about this mans stash of weapons? was it from a tratorous friend??? or a jealous friend????

sounds like he was set up to fall....

who knows, one of these days, a bow and arrow may be deemed illegal..... if that is the case, i would be in grave danger of being turned in for having one.... or two.... maybe three.... or is it a dozen???

and arrows??? who knows, maybe a couple dozen for each bow.... being once an animal is shot, the arrow is usualy damaged enough not to use it again....

mike

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Sounds like a guy i'd like to know :thumbsup:

YOu have to remember, you're posting this on a site where primarily Americans post....a person with a lot of guns is an honorable citizen that is willingly protecting his family and country.

Sounds like a guy i'd like to know :24:

YOu have to remember, you're posting this on a site where primarily Americans post....a person with a lot of guns is an honorable citizen that is willingly protecting his family and country.

wel in that case you will be so proud of him to know that the ones that were confescated where only the 51 illegal ones. who knows how many other guns he really had...i find it hard to believe that this is appealing to Americans and that they would rather put this man on a pedestal as a hero instead of a prison as a criminal !!! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Sounds like a guy i'd like to know :24:

wel in that case you will be so proud of him to know that the ones that were confescated where only the 51 illegal ones. who knows how many other guns he really had...i find it hard to believe that this is appealing to Americans and that they would rather put this man on a pedestal as a hero instead of a prison as a criminal !!! :thumbsup:

Trust me, it's a value to have. There are many gun collectors here that put his collection to shame, in both gun types and ammo. Nothing wrong with that. And if he had them to shoot, so what? What's wrong with a person shooting a fully automatic? It's fun.

And of course we'd respect him. For goodness sakes, we made sure it was number 2 on the lists when protecting our freedoms! :)