• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.27
  • Content Count:  298
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Beloved ones, we have heard 

apostle Paul counseled us:

”Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.“

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2‬:‭13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved ones, let us now consider what 

our Lord Jesus said:

”Blessed are THE POOR in spirit: for their's is the kingdom of heaven.“

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

For Jesus our Lord speaks not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches.

Let us compare spiritual things which our Lord Jesus teaches with spiritual, that we may understand what the Holy Spirit teaches us.

Beloved ones, we are not to understand THE POOR as in the flesh but as in the spirit.

How may we understand THE POOR as in the spirit or THE POOR in spirit as our Lord Jesus said? 

This we heard:

”Because I delivered the poor that cried, And the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.“

‭‭Job‬ ‭29‬:‭12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That we may understand, THE POOR in spirit, as one that had none to help him, for he was fatherless.

That we may understand THE POOR in spirit, as the helpless in heart. 

Beloved ones, we are not to understand the poor as in the flesh, that they are financially poor but we should understand spiritually the poor as ones who are helpless ; as ones who are helpless in heart, for we heard the poor in spirit are blessed. 

We may ask: How THE POOR in spirit are blessed ? 

This is what we have heard our Lord Jesus said:

”And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.“

‭‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭16‬-‭17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

It is not, that Jesus not helping us. Jesus is helping us, and Jesus also prayed unto the Father, that He will give us another HELPER, that He may abide with us forever, that is, the Spirit of truth.

Beloved ones, let us understand, THE POOR in spirit are blessed, or the helpless in heart are blessed, for the helpless in heart will receive help, that is, another helper, that is, the Spirit of truth.

For we also heard: 

”Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to BLESS you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.“

‭‭Acts‬ ‭3‬:‭26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved ones, for unto us first God the Father, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him ( the Spirit of truth) to BLESS us, in turning away every one of us from our iniquities.

That we heard, the poor in spirit are blessed, that we may understand, for the helpless in heart are blessed, for the reason, that unto us first God the Father, having raised His Son Jesus to deliver us, that cried out and sent another helper, the Spirit of truth, in turning away every one of us from our iniquities, that  we may turn to the goodness of our Heavenly Father.

For we also heard:

”And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved ones, let us who were poor in spirit or helpless in heart, cry out, Abba, Father, for God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into our hearts crying, Abba, Father.And for the reason because we are sons, for unto us first God the Father having raised up His Son Jesus, to redeem us that we might receive adoption as children of God, sent the Spirit of truth, in turning away every one of us from our iniquities, that  we may turn to the goodness of our Heavenly Father. 

To God the Father be all glory and thanksgiving through Christ.

Amen

Edited by Santoso

• Group:  Advanced Member

Beloved ones, we heard our Lord Jesus said:

”the blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, AND THE POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM.“

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we understand THE POOR as the helpless, then who are the helpless, that our Lord Jesus answered and said.

That we may understand the helpless that Jesus answered and said, are THE BLIND, THE LAME, THE LEPERS, THE DEAF,  THE DEAD AND THE POOR. 

That we may understand, that THE BLIND, THE LAME, THE LEPERS, THE DEAF, THE DEAD AND THE POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM. 

That we may understand, THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM, have helped the blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up and the poor are helped. 

Beloved ones, let us have the gospel preached to us, that the eyes of our hearts may receive sight or spiritual perception, that we may walk in the Spirit, and  be cleansed by faith, and the ears of our hearts may hear or have spiritual understanding, that be we raised to spiritual liberty and have the help of the Spirit of truth. 

Amen

Beloved ones, we heard:

”Jesus said unto him, IF THOU WILT BE PERFECT, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.“

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19‬:‭21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

How will we be perfect ? 

This is also what we have heard: 

”For the law made nothing PERFECT, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.“

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7‬:‭19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

What the bringing in of a better hope did ? 

That we may understand, the bringing in of a better hope did, MADE EVERYTHING PERFECT, by the which we draw near unto God.

What makes everything perfect?

That we may understand, 

CHRIST, the bringing in of a better hope did, that is, FAITH IN HIM, THAT MADE EVERYTHING PERFECT, by the which we draw near unto God.

That we may also understand,

CHRIST, the bringing in of a better hope did, that is, FAITH IN HIM, THAT MADE US PERFECT, by the which we draw near unto God.

For this is also confirmed to us, that we heard:

”For by one offering he hath PERFECTED FOR EVER them that are sanctified.“

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10‬:‭14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 

This is the covenant that I will make with them 

After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, 

And in their minds will I write them; 

And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.“

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10‬:‭15‬-‭17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Amen

Beloved ones, let us consider what we have heard:

”Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, GO AND SELL THAT THOU HAST, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.“

Beloved ones, how may we understand what we have ? 

This, we heard:

”Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name. But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.“

‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭29‬:‭13‬-‭14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we go and sell that we have, we understand for all things come of God, and of His own have we given Him.

So let us consider what of God and His own have we received.

And this, we heard:

”But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.“

‭‭Acts‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That of the Holy Ghost have we received power, and of His own have we received to be witnesses unto Jesus both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Beloved ones, let us consider again what we have heard: 

”Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, GO AND SELL THAT THOU HAST, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.“

That we may understand, if we will be perfect, that we have faith in Christ, will we be perfect through Him, that we heard, GO AND SELL THAT THOU HAST ; THAT WE TESTIFY WHAT WE HAVE IS THE TRUE WITNESS.

Beloved ones, let us go and sell that we have, that we testify what we have is the true witness, Jesus Christ whom had God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Let us say as then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 

Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Selah ( reflect to pause )

Amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

Goes to show just how important that daily prayer and the Scriptures are for the believer...............

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

The word poor can have several different meanings.  A person can be poor, as in poverty, meaning without finances or economic means.  The word poor or poorly can be a physical or emotional description of a person's health.  The word poor could be how a task is completed or handled and be an incompetence. 

I believe that being "poor in spirit" are those who admit there is nothing we can do without the love of the Father and his hand moving in us and through us.  I am one of those who are poor in spirit even though I daily seek him, daily pray, and daily read the word of God.  I admit that I was a sinner, I still sin (way less) and need the Lord in my life every single day to get me through the day.  I am nothing without him.  He is my everything.  I know Holy Spirit lives in me and speaks to me. He guides me and comforts me so that worldly events and daily anxiety cannot take hold and cause me fear.  Some days I soar on the wings of the eagle and some days I hide underneath those wings, safely away from the trials and tribulations of life.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Beloved ones, let us consider again what we have heard:

”Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, AND GIVE TO THE POOR,

AND THOU SHALT HAVE TREASURE IN HEAVEN: and come and follow me.“

How may we understand what shall be given to the poor ? and what treasure in heaven shall we have ? 

That we previously heard:

”Because I delivered the poor that cried, And the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.“

That we may understand, what shall given to the poor, is Heavenly Father that helps.

For we heard our Lord Jesus said:

”If a son shall ASK bread OF ANY OF YOU THAT IS A FATHER, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?“

‭‭Luke‬ ‭11‬:‭11‬-‭12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

”If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE SHALL YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER GIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT TO THEM THAT ASK HIM?“

‭‭Luke‬ ‭11‬:‭13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If the poor is given, that we may understand, that the poor have asked or cried; if the poor have asked our Heavenly Father, we know that our Heavenly Father shall give the Holy Spirit.

That we may understand the treasure in heaven we shall have is the promise of the Holy Spirit through faith. 

For this is also confirmed to us:

”Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3‬:‭13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

”that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3‬:‭14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Let us again meditate what our Lord Jesus said:

”Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, AND GIVE TO THE POOR,

AND THOU SHALT HAVE TREASURE IN HEAVEN: and come and follow me.“

That we may understand, if we will be perfect, that we have faith in Christ, will we be perfect through Him, and testify what we have is the true witness, Jesus Christ whom the Father sent, that help the helpless and we shall have the promise of the Holy Spirit through faith: that Jesus said, and come and follow me.

Beloved  ones, let us testify what 

we have is the true witness, Jesus Christ, whom the Heavenly Father sent, that help the helpless and we shall have the promise of the Holy Spirit through faith.

Amen

7 hours ago, debrakay said:

The word poor can have several different meanings.  A person can be poor, as in poverty, meaning without finances or economic means.  The word poor or poorly can be a physical or emotional description of a person's health.  The word poor could be how a task is completed or handled and be an incompetence. 

I believe that being "poor in spirit" are those who admit there is nothing we can do without the love of the Father and his hand moving in us and through us.  I am one of those who are poor in spirit even though I daily seek him, daily pray, and daily read the word of God.  I admit that I was a sinner, I still sin (way less) and need the Lord in my life every single day to get me through the day.  I am nothing without him.  He is my everything.  I know Holy Spirit lives in me and speaks to me. He guides me and comforts me so that worldly events and daily anxiety cannot take hold and cause me fear.  Some days I soar on the wings of the eagle and some days I hide underneath those wings, safely away from the trials and tribulations of life.  

Thank you for sharing your views and thoughts. Thank God, that you are encouraged. 😀

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 1/2/2024 at 10:28 PM, Santoso said:

Beloved ones, we have heard 

apostle Paul counseled us:

”Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.“

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2‬:‭13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved ones, let us now consider what 

our Lord Jesus said:

”Blessed are THE POOR in spirit: for their's is the kingdom of heaven.“

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

For Jesus our Lord speaks not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches.

Let us compare spiritual things which our Lord Jesus teaches with spiritual, that we may understand what the Holy Spirit teaches us.

Beloved ones, we are not to understand THE POOR as in the flesh but as in the spirit.

How may we understand THE POOR as in the spirit or THE POOR in spirit as our Lord Jesus said? 

This we heard:

That we may understand, THE POOR in spirit, as one that had none to help him, for he was fatherless.

That we may understand THE POOR in spirit, as the helpless in heart. 

Beloved ones, we are not to understand the poor as in the flesh, that they are financially poor but we should understand spiritually the poor as ones who are helpless ; as ones who are helpless in heart, for we heard the poor in spirit are blessed. 

We may ask: How THE POOR in spirit are blessed ? 

This is what we have heard our Lord Jesus said:

”And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.“

‭‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭16‬-‭17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

It is not, that Jesus not helping us. Jesus is helping us, and Jesus also prayed unto the Father, that He will give us another HELPER, that He may abide with us forever, that is, the Spirit of truth.

Beloved ones, let us understand, THE POOR in spirit are blessed, or the helpless in heart are blessed, for the helpless in heart will receive help, that is, another helper, that is, the Spirit of truth.

For we also heard: 

”Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to BLESS you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.“

‭‭Acts‬ ‭3‬:‭26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved ones, for unto us first God the Father, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him ( the Spirit of truth) to BLESS us, in turning away every one of us from our iniquities.

That we heard, the poor in spirit are blessed, that we may understand, for the helpless in heart are blessed, for the reason, that unto us first God the Father, having raised His Son Jesus to deliver us, that cried out and sent another helper, the Spirit of truth, in turning away every one of us from our iniquities, that  we may turn to the goodness of our Heavenly Father.

For we also heard:

”And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved ones, let us who were poor in spirit or helpless in heart, cry out, Abba, Father, for God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into our hearts crying, Abba, Father.And for the reason because we are sons, for unto us first God the Father having raised up His Son Jesus, to redeem us that we might receive adoption as children of God, sent the Spirit of truth, in turning away every one of us from our iniquities, that  we may turn to the goodness of our Heavenly Father. 

Amen

Unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given...Is 9:6 & 7

Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall not enter therein. Mk 10:15

The zeal of the Lord of hosts shall perform this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beloved ones, we have heard apostle Paul said:

”I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, IF ANY MAN PREACH ANY OTHER GOSPEL UNTO YOU THAN YE HAVE RECEIVED, LET HIM BE ACCURSED.“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬-‭9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

How may I preach NOT any other gospel unto you than you have received? How may I not be accursed ? 

Let us regard to put on 

Christ that called us into His grace, allaying which is the same gospel, that apostle Paul preached; that here be all that comfort us and will honor the gospel of Christ.

That likewise we preach the same gospel unto you as apostle Paul preached, let us be blessed. 

For we heard apostle Paul said:

”For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither RECEIVED it of man, neither was I TAUGHT it, but BY THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST.“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1‬:‭10‬-‭12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved ones, for the same gospel is preached after the Spirit of truth, that let us RECEIVE AND BE TAUGHT the same gospel that apostle Paul preached BY THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST.

Let us consider again what apostle Paul said:

”For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: and profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when IT pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, TO REVEAL HIS SON IN ME, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1‬:‭13‬-‭17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

What is IT, that pleased God ? 

This IT, that pleased God is THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST: God, who separated apostle Paul from his mother's womb, and called him by His grace, TO REVEAL HIS SON IN him, that he might preach Christ among the heathen. 

Beloved ones, let us please God by receiving the revelation of Jesus Christ, for He separated us from the covenant of the flesh and called us by His grace, to reveal His Son in us, that we may believe Christ and know the grace of God in truth. 

Amen