Why do some have it all...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

:laugh: Why do some people have it all and others not? And does it mean if someone has little here on Earth, will have more in Heaven? Just don't understand. Am I wrong to want things here on Earth, and what does it really mean, Ask and ye shall receive... and he will give us the desires of our heart.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

:huh: Why do some people have it all and others not? And does it mean if someone has little here on Earth, will have more in Heaven? Just don't understand. Am I wrong to want things here on Earth, and what does it really mean, Ask and ye shall receive... and he will give us the desires of our heart.

Are you talking about material things, love?? It seems that way at times, I know. Work hard at what you want and be blessed with what you have :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

I suppose it depends on what "it" is. I guess I had it all at one point if "it" is material things. I was making about $4,000 a month to live in a house and take care of the people there. They were all pretty much family so I was doing what I wanted. Money was no problem. So I had money, family, love, lots of leisure time. I really did have it all.

I lost it all. All those people are gone from my life, either dead or don't have time for me anymore. I'm broke, in tons of debt that I'll never pay off because I'll never have that kind of money again. I live in my parent's house and drive their car.

I'm much better off now. I have more faith and I certainly learned a lot. I'm a lot stronger now. Most of all, I now know that if I ever "have it all" again then I will know what I have and do a better job of taking care of it.

Maybe you need to have wisdom before having any of those other things does any good. It might be better to seek to be content with, and a good steward of, what you have. Then maybe God will give you more because you have learned to take care of what you have.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Ad Seriatam:

1. There is no guarantee that you would be happy even if everything went well. At one time, Solomon was one of the most godly men alive, but he wasn't happy. He tried everything under the sun, literally, and nothing ever made him happy. Even when he was serving God, had all the money in the world and was the object of everyone's adoration, and king's daughters for his wife(s), he wasn't happy.

Well, you've answered some of your own question there. Solomon's "wife(s)". A guy with 700 wives also has (SHUDDER!!) 700

mothers-in-law!

2. There is no guarantee that if you met the perfect mate today, that they wouldn't die in your arms tomorrow, or have a change of heart for the worse one day, and do you more harm in the end than your worst enemy ever would. There is no guarantee that you would be ready for a relationship with that person even if no disaster came, and there is no guarantee that you would ever be ready or happy even with the perfect mate. Adam and Eve weren't.

Right. No guarantees.... And your problem is.................? What do you want? Life as a 'grown up' or an 'eternal heavenly nanny' to 'kiss it better' every time you get a 'boo-boo'???

3. There is no point in studying too much, and that includes the Bible, because wisdom increases sorrow, and because human beings, no matter how wise or educated, cannot solve every problem, and moreoever, the more educated and wise one becomes, the more sorrow they have because they realize how wrong things are and can't do a thing about it anyway.

First, I don't know if that includes the Bible or not..... Second, I read a guy describe it this way once: If I were talking to Einstein, and he got struck by lightening, and suddenly became a million times more intelligent, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, because he was already way beyond me. Typically you only have to know a few more things than whoever it is you're talking to in order for them to think you're a flipping genious, so the point is NEVER LEARN MORE THAN YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO!!!

Seems strange to me, because my experience has been the more I learn, the more JOY I get!

3. If that is the case, why do we continue to sin?

Because you want to, and believe you will. You have not followed Paul's instruction to 'Reckon yourselves INDEED dead to sin.....'

4. To be honest, the only prayers I have that seem to get answered are ones that end up not making a difference anyway. Like a white chrismas? Something that comes and goes, God answered that prayer. Heal my family? Save my brother, sister, cousins, souls and relationships? Nope. Heal my dad? Nope. Ask God for something stupid like a go-cart when I was a kid, and sure enough I got one.

Help me quit sinning? Seems God would answer that one right away don't you think? Especially since I told him "no matter what my flesh wants". I mean that is after all one of his commandments and obviously his will in our life, but it doesn't go away, and if it does it just pops up in another area of my life, or comes back even worse a while later. The Bible says we have not because we ask not, and when we ask we ask amiss that we can consume it upon our own lusts. Obviously when a person is praying for help to stop sinning, that isn't the case. So what's the excuse then?

I don't know if it would matter, or whether it would make things even worse, but if I could give back most of the prayers I've had answered in return for getting a few answered that haven't been, I'd do it in a heart beat, I'd give 2 or 3 for one, in some cases even all for one, and I'm serious. What kind of idiocy is praying for a white christmas? and why would God answer that stupid prayer right away, but not do something meaningful like save a human life or soul? I mean, I was half joking when I prayed it anyway if I recall.

You're complaining because you don't know as much as God does! I do that a lot myself. All I can say, is for whatever reasons of His own, some of these prayers meant more to Him and to eternity, than did the other prayers. And remember sometimes the answer is "Later, son, later....."

Well, I don't know how to use some of these keys. I was trying to bold my answers, to separate them from your questions, but I can't seem to get that to work correctly. Man these 'time and space' limitations we're subject to, REALLY STINK!!!

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Okay so if I want a new pair of shoes, don't work for the $ to pay for them? Stupid!

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  247
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

So, don't work any harder than you have to to live. Anything else is just excess and will be eaten up by the worms, of one type or another, anyway.

I think it should be: 'Work the work God gives you to work, use what you need to live with (without having 30 pairs of shoes) and give the excess to ministry (may it be the poor, the fatherless or the widow).'

Is it wrong to want things? Depends on what it is we want after and what our motive is for wanting it. Obviously, if we seek after things for selfish reasons, that is a wrong motive and reason to want. Likewise, wanting after things that are not pleasing to God or that are sinful is wrong. And wanting things above desiring after God is also wrong. But that does not mean it is wrong to want after everything.

This though, should be the consideration: Do our wants, may it be in career and pay-cheque, in the car we drive, the house we live in, etc., reflect our calling as Christians and the desires God has for our lives? How do the things we want after and seek after reflect what God wants for us and to provide us with?

As for "why do some have it all?" I do not know why. But we should not look at those who have plenty and want what they have-- that is coveting. Those who have much, and who have little, should consider what James 1:9-11 says.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

:) Why do some people have it all and others not? And does it mean if someone has little here on Earth, will have more in Heaven? Just don't understand. Am I wrong to want things here on Earth, and what does it really mean, Ask and ye shall receive... and he will give us the desires of our heart.

Read Psalm 73 and you will find the answer to your question. Focus on verses 17 and 25.

May you find comfort in the Lord's Word. :huh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I think it should be: 'Work the work God gives you to work, use what you need to live with (without having 30 pairs of shoes) and give the excess to ministry (may it be the poor, the fatherless or the widow).'

Is it wrong to want things? Depends on what it is we want after and what our motive is for wanting it. Obviously, if we seek after things for selfish reasons, that is a wrong motive and reason to want. Likewise, wanting after things that are not pleasing to God or that are sinful is wrong. And wanting things above desiring after God is also wrong. But that does not mean it is wrong to want after everything.

This though, should be the consideration: Do our wants, may it be in career and pay-cheque, in the car we drive, the house we live in, etc., reflect our calling as Christians and the desires God has for our lives? How do the things we want after and seek after reflect what God wants for us and to provide us with?

As for "why do some have it all?" I do not know why. But we should not look at those who have plenty and want what they have-- that is coveting. Those who have much, and who have little, should consider what James 1:9-11 says.

Well, this is the post that I most agree with so far. I'm right there with our Pip. WSB, I see where you're coming from and agree with you in part, but you are coming across as very cynical, jaded and "thou dost protest too much." Here are a few points that I believe are key.

#1 Is it wrong to want? Not in general, no. It's natural. But remember, we are now super-natural beings. This earth is not our home and we should be wanting to store our riches in heaven, rather than on earth. But, again, it's not wrong to want things. It's just a matter of heart motives. Why do you want what you want? Knowing our motives is important because motives determine so very much with God.

#2 Is Christ enough for you? Are you content or do you find yourself ungrateful for what you have, seeing only what you want? "I'm grateful, but...." Do you see what everyone has? Are you brain-washed by the media, Hollywood, greed and commercials? Are you seduced by the world? If so (and be honest when you ask this because lying to yourself doesn't change the real answer and God knows it already anyway), then stop coveting and feeling sorry for yourself. Pity party, table for one..... right this way. This isn't how Jesus would have you live. It's an indicator that something isn't right in your walk.

#3. This is very important. I'm speaking to those who misuse or don't understand Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." If we are being diligent and faithful in our walk, and are truly seeking after Him, then His desires become our desires. We lay ourselves and our desires at His feet and trust Him with them. We do this because we realize that "Not my will, but Thy will be done," is more imporatant. We do not belong to ourselves anymore. That's what this verse is talking about. When you are delighting yourself in the Lord, then your desires will become His desires and you will receive them. If you don't know what God's will is for you, delight yourself in the Lord and you'll find out!

No, I'm not saying it's wrong to want things. Everything on this earth belongs to the Lord. I'm sure He wants His children to partake in it. But lay your desires at His feet. Leave them there and trust Him with them while you go about His business. Too many people offer God prayers, with claw marks all over them. Why do some people have so much and some have so little? I don't know. What's more important is what you are seeking after and why.

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I Corinthians 10:13

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

If you glorify God in everything you do, and include God in all your goals, theres nothing wrong with having a prosperous life (in all areas the best they can be, spirituality, love, money, ect). Prayer is powerful, and as long as you keep yourself in line with God's will and God's word, your prayers will be answered. With faith of course.

All through God's word He talks about the promises He has for the Righteous, His people... somewhere it says He finds great joy in his servants prosperity! God wants to bless us so that we can enjoy this life, and most importantly, so that we can bless others... emotionally, financially, to help the poor. The more we have, (in spiritual means, financially, emotionally, everything.) the more we can give!

The reason some are prosperous and some are not? I think its a case of Faith alot of the time. You cant have what you dont believe in! Also, some dont even know that this is Gods will! They have no idea! they think to be poor is to be Holy or something.... im sure there are other reasons... im just glad i know what God has for me in our covenant together... what a father!!!!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Bluebird1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  247
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

The reason some are prosperous and some are not? I think its a case of Faith alot of the time.

Equating health and properity to faith is a doctrine of the pharisees.

Equating lack of health and prosperity to lack of faith is equally a doctrine of the pharisees.

I agree with that. It seems we have developed, in the west, the mindset that because we have faith, we should automatically receive. We need to be careful when it comes to how we relate one's faith to one's well-being. There are many who are faithful in their devotion to God who live in poverty, though they did not seek it--yet they are still faithful despite it. There are many who are faith who are wealthy, though they did not seek it--yet they too are still faithful (though it seems most who become wealthy become less faithful :thumbsup: ).

Likewise, there are those who are faithless, or who are literally evil and corrupt, who live in wealth and health despite their life styles, and it seems unfair that they have such things. Yet there are others who are exactly the same way, yet who are in poverty.

The rain falls both on the wicked and the righteous, just as disaster can come to both.

If anything stands as good Biblical advice right now, I think it would be this:

Read Matthew 6:25-34... do not worry... seek God first, and everything that you need (not want, but need) will be provided to you.