IGNORED

how to know if someone is for you

Guest ctp1583

Guest ctp1583

I dated a guy for a year and a half named steve we had a pretty good relatonship but somewhere down the line things between us started getting twisted and eventually I broke up with him because he started taking me for granted. The hurthful part about breaking up was I didnt want to do it because I still loved him so much. After a couple of weeks not talking to each other I called him only to find that he already started dating someone else. It has almost been a year now since he and I have been apart and still with the other girl and she is pregnant. Steve and I have talked a couple of times, the most recent was about a month ago because he find out that a guy I had been dating, named Donnie tried to hit me and Steve was ready to try to go find him but him not to worry because it was his problem. I have prayed for God to send me the man that he has for me and so far every man that I have since Steve and I have apart has been a jerk, so I know those men were not from God. But every time a guy that I meet ends up being jerk I think about much I miss Steve. I did everything a girl could possibly do to keep him, I sometimes wonder why God allowed Steve to move on with someone else and be happy but yet left me alone to only be hurt and wondering if I will ever have a successful relationship. I have prayed about the whole situation and trying to wait patiently for an answer from God. What should I do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Personally I"m glad your not with this Steve. He sounds like he may lack some standards that God wants for you in a husband. Sex before marriage is a sin but I think you already know that. As for the guy that tried to hit you, move on, you don't need that. How old are you? I would suggest that you pray for that person that God has for you. You may not know him yet but God does. You said you had a " pretty good relationship" with Steve. That is not good enough for God. He want's you to have a great relationship with this person, where you both put God in the center of your lives and marriage. When you do that, you can't loose.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

What I have observed over my many decades of adulthood is that most of the time people pick out who they want for themselves, then ask for God's blessing in the matter. Then they proceed anyway, just as if they have good sense. I know that is what I did. As if I were better qualified than God to find the perfect mate for me. Being focused on finding the 'right' person instead of seeking God's will really messed up my life, and I have seen the same thing happen to others over and over. Get your priorities straight. "Seek the Lord and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

What I have observed over my many decades of adulthood is that most of the time people pick out who they want for themselves, then ask for God's blessing in the matter. Then they proceed anyway, just as if they have good sense. I know that is what I did. As if I were better qualified than God to find the perfect mate for me. Being focused on finding the 'right' person instead of seeking God's will really messed up my life, and I have seen the same thing happen to others over and over. Get your priorities straight. "Seek the Lord and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."

:huh: Well put!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Too many people are caught up in trying to find the right person when they should be concentrating on becoming the right person. Let God prepare both of you to be ready at the same time.

First, foremost, be happy and content with your relationship with Jesus. If He is not enough for you, who else could be?

EDITED TO CLARIFY: When I say "both of you", I mean you and whomever God may have for you, either now or in the future. Don't pick someone and then say, "OK, God, prepare us for each other." Trust God that the person He has planned for you is being prepared, just as you are being prepared. God must come first.

Edited by Keith