• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 3/22/2024 at 3:06 PM, D. Adrien said:

I'm incapable of loving the Eternal as he loves me.

Woe, woe is me, for I love myself too much! I can follow the teachings by the power of the Holy Spirit, but I cannot outdo the love given me through the Holy Spirit.

On 3/22/2024 at 3:48 PM, PATrobas said:

I feel and agree with you, yet Jesus commanded us to. So this love we are to love Him with is not an emotion, nor even anything we do FOR Him as in good works, but rather dying to self; laying down our lives as He did for us; presenting ourselves as a living sacrifice. And still we fall short...Grace, grace, marvelous grace.

On 3/23/2024 at 7:20 AM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Loving as Christ loves is literally impossible. Jesus is God so his love is absolutely perfect, but we are fallible imperfect beings who have a hard time with the simplest love. We can do our best, but our very best love still has much room for improvement.

This is yet another area where we fall woefully short, and is probably one of the biggest that the enemy tries to condemn us over - that we don't love God (after all that He's done for us).

So what can we do with this and all other shortcomings?  Nothing at all . . . but believe the One who died to justify us, so that He would be able to put His resurrected life in us!  And now, if we let let Him, He will live His life through us and change us into the image of the perfect Son of God!

So our love for God is actually a Person - Jesus Christ - and He now lives in us and is our love for God!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/24/2024 at 12:10 AM, D. Adrien said:

This is called bearing fruit of the Holy Spirit! :Ok:

@D. Adrien I am reminded of the fruit of the Spirit passage in Galatians 5....