• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

Adam is a hypocrite!  I've always seen this evidenced in the stance people take, and lately this is especially evident in politics.  What one side accuses the other of (another trait of ol' Adam), they often do themselves in a very similar way!  When I speak with those on either the right or the left, they are so sure they are righteous and the other side is way off and/or evil.  And when the hypocrisy is pointed out, they hem and haw and don't really see or accept it.  :thinking:

Here's an example that surfaced in a recent poll.  They asked democrats and republicans if they thought the US president's power should be checked.  In both cases (right & left) they said that the president's power should be limited . . . except if someone from their own party were president!  :kanoso:

https://apnews.com/article/american-presidential-power-ap-norc-poll-e7e0f499b7d8bb93420f76ec4c72aae0

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

From that article: 

“When a Democrat’s in, I support” a strong presidency, Bidon said. “When Republicans are in, I don’t support it that much. It’s sort of a wishy-washy thing.”

A new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Opinion Research finds that Bidon’s view is common. Though Americans say don’t want a president to have too much power, that view shifts if the candidate of their party wins the presidency. It’s a view held by members of both parties, though it’s especially common among Republicans.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Adam is a hypocrite!  I've always seen this evidenced in the stance people take, and lately this is especially evident in politics.  What one side accuses the other of (another trait of ol' Adam), they often do themselves in a very similar way!  When I speak with those on either the right or the left, they are so sure they are righteous and the other side is way off and/or evil.  And when the hypocrisy is pointed out, they hem and haw and don't really see or accept it.  :thinking:

Here's an example that surfaced in a recent poll.  They asked democrats and republicans if they thought the US president's power should be checked.  In both cases (right & left) they said that the president's power should be limited . . . except if someone from their own party were president!  :kanoso:

https://apnews.com/article/american-presidential-power-ap-norc-poll-e7e0f499b7d8bb93420f76ec4c72aae0

I don't understand the question.  US constitutional laws already places limitations on the President's power.   

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72

Just now, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I don't understand the question.  US constitutional laws already places limitations on the President's power.   

And if we obeyed the Constitution the problems we face today wouldn't be the problems we face today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at the world through the eyes f game theory, we can be in a cooperative game or a competitive game.

Simplistically (because I'm a simple man):  We can be in a cooperative game or a competitive game.

In a cooperative game the players (that's us) work together to produce gain for all involved, in a competitive game one player, or set of players, gains at the expense of the others loss.

How would you analyze and explain what we see happening in the world, would you call that good or bad, and either way how would alter it to make it better if you see it as lacking for any reason?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

From that article: 

“When a Democrat’s in, I support” a strong presidency, Bidon said. “When Republicans are in, I don’t support it that much. It’s sort of a wishy-washy thing.”

A new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Opinion Research finds that Bidon’s view is common. Though Americans say don’t want a president to have too much power, that view shifts if the candidate of their party wins the presidency. It’s a view held by members of both parties, though it’s especially common among Republicans.

That's because each party has a specific agenda that they want forced on the country as a whole. Also each party conveniently always overlooks the sins of their leader. What's really amazing is how we've managed as a nation to basically completely disregard the Constitution. Different courts have literally ignored the Constitution and created their own rules as have various presidents and congresses. Not one single bill of right is still in effect in the way that our founding fathers intended it to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

That's because each party has a specific agenda that they want forced on the country as a whole. Also each party conveniently always overlooks the sins of their leader. What's really amazing is how we've managed as a nation to basically completely disregard the Constitution. Different courts have literally ignored the Constitution and created their own rules as have various presidents and congresses. Not one single bill of right is still in effect in the way that our founding fathers intended it to be.

And many of them -the first amendment in particular but others as well- have been turned into the exact opposite of what their intent was.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, FJK said:

And many of them -the first amendment in particular but others as well- have been turned into the exact opposite of what their intent was.

Your right. The 1st amendment which is supposed to protect from of religion has been twisted into a weapon against those of faith. Sadly rogue judges have gone unchecked and allowed religious persecution in America.

6 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Yeah, as someone else said, the Constitutional limits are there, but they can (and often do) reach over, under and around those limits.  And there are gray areas too . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,975
  • Content Per Day:  5.43
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Hit the nail right on the head.  I have said it for the past couple of the years.  Both parties have been corrupted and they each have their own brand of corruption.  It's just a matter of which pill tastes the worst and don't vote for that one.

• Thumbs Up 2