• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

I have decided to take my daughter out of school to homeschool her, due to situations that are happening in the school.

My mother in law does not want me to home school her but wants her friend to (PERMANENTLY) because she is concerned that Danie'l will not get the education she needs with me teaching her.

I am very mad over this but also feel that I should let Danie'l go to be taught by my mother in laws friend for the 30 days it takes to set up my home school. (My notice of intent takes that long)

This would be me obeying the law.

Well, how do I handle this in front of my daughter who has no faith in my teaching abilities due to her grandma' s questioning my abilities.

Do I just shut up and do it, or talk with my daughter about how her grandma is wrong or what.

Part of me wants to put her back in the public school for the 30 days but I know that is my pride and I don't think that would be in my daughter's best interest...but you know how the flesh hates feeling manipulated by another.

Any advice on what is right?

Edited by disconnected

Guest pinkroses

I am a 50 year old lady. Thank goodness that part is over for me. I understand what you are asking. It may help to talk to your pastor about it. I don't go to church because of health problems. But, thats a thought. Also, I agree with what you said. Give it a try. It may be that your daughter might not like being taught by this lady. Also continue to pray and seek God's wisdom through this. And maybe discuss your feelings with your husband too. I can understand you being angry. I will say a prayer that God will work things out for you. May God Bless you. Look To Jesus !! Pinkroses

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Your husband needs to speak to his mother about her demeaning you! And he needs to be the man in no uncertain terms.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

well, i did find out what was motivating my mother in law. she dropped outta school to get married and has felt worthless ever since.

my oldest daughter has always been a straight a student so she has invested all her hope in my daughter.

i am letting my daughter go to homeschool for 30 days until my state required notice of intent is acknowledged.

if i had just allowed her to continue attending public school even though things were quickly getting bad there, i wouold have not been working in my daughter's best interests and would have been basically still allowing my mother in law to control my decisions.

My husband did tell his mom he was fully behind me and that I would be the one home schooling her.

the thing that has gotten to me the most is that my mother in law was manipulated by her mother in law and shared with me many times how she hated this...and now she wants to repeat it?

i'm still working on getting over my anger on this.