how in the world...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

remember that love covers a multitude of sins....faith hope and love but the greatest is love

by their love you will know they are my disciples...

just understand that everyone is in a different place...on their journeys...

i know if you can and are living right and with standards there is nothing wrong with that but everyone may not be to that place or because of circumstances in thier lives and emotions they are unable...pray for them...you dont have to do what they do or be involved with what they are to have sympathy and love for them

just remember when dealing with your friends and family or whoever it is you feel has different 'standards' ...sometimes it is better to be silent ...i mean not put your standards on them...let God do it...He can change hearts better than anything you can say...

be yourself and allow others the same right....dont put yourself down but dont put them down either...

the hard part is that when it seems everyone around you has different standards or wants different things out of life then you can feel so frustrated and all alone

i pray for God to send someone in your life to whom you can relate...someone who thinks similar to you ...someone who understands you...

this will help you deal with others more and you wont feel so alone

there is nothing wrong with standards...and your standards are more than likely not wrong but just ask God to help you keep love in your heart ...because love is more important than standards you know...

it just seems you are feeling so alone in your heart and mind like no one understands your feelings ...i do pray God sends you a special friend with whom you can relate...

it will help things be more tolerable to you...trust me i know....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

How would we possibly be able to " Go therefore and make disciples of all nations..." (Matt 28:19), if we did not associate with non-believers?

Jesus sets the example for us:

Mat 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Mar 2:15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luk 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Luk 15:1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

Luk 15:2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

Of course, we must be aware of our weaknesses and not put ourselves in the path of temptation. But having a cup of coffee with an unbeliever, is not "partaking" in their sin.

Peace,

Fiosh

:wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

1 Corinthians 5:11 - But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one know not to eat.

hi- just wanted to make sure that you saw that this verse is directed at church discipline... (if a chuch member commits adultery, you are not supposed to do things with them)

it is not directed towards the unsaved in general- after all, Jesus ate with the sinners.

It is not bad to be friends with unsaved people- it is, however, wrong to stop associating with Christians- and it is wrong to have only non-christians as your inner circle of friends- because whoever your friends are, determines the influences that you will have on your life.

The Bible does not tell us to refuse to discriminate between right and wrong- but you are just not supposed to say, "wow- look at him- he's much worse off than me!"

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:rolleyes: Thanks everyone. God bless you all!

sport123

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

How would we possibly be able to " Go therefore and make disciples of all nations..." (Matt 28:19), if we did not associate with non-believers?

Jesus sets the example for us:

Mat 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Mar 2:15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

Mar 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luk 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Luk 15:1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

Luk 15:2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

Of course, we must be aware of our weaknesses and not put ourselves in the path of temptation. But having a cup of coffee with an unbeliever, is not "partaking" in their sin.

Peace,

Fiosh

:blink:

Thats right. :noidea:

How are we to be used of God to bring people to Christ...if were not even allowed to introduce ourselves or sit with them and share with them??? Going for a coffee is fine. Going to get drunk as a skunk with them, is not.

We are in the world, but not of it. As long as you hold the spiritual authority in the meeting with unbelievers, its fine. Goind out with them to places u know will tempt you, is not okay.

I have non-christian friends. I will not go with them to clubs and watch them get smashed while i sit there all like "oh what fun, hehe," laughing it off. But i will not abandon them. i will sow seeds in there hearts of our precious savior until the day they are saved, and if that means having dinner with a sinner??? What would Jesus do...??????

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Not really.

I just went to a baby shower for one of my cousins though, they are having twins due in February. It was a decidedly christian event, we had prayer and some snacks and the men watched the football game, while the women played games and gave the gifts. While I'm sure there were probably some people there who were not saved, the tone was definitely christian. There were several conversations going on about church, etc. Nobody among the men was doing anything stupid like drinking or cursing or telling dirty jokes, etc.

Just because someone isn't a Christian doesn't mean they automatically drink, curse, tell dirty jokes etc. I have friends who are non Christian's and they don't behave like that at all. If they did I wouldn't be friends with them.