larryt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

That is a fact no conspiracy to it , its not even hidden.

Guest always_frog

As a reformed Catholic who became a Christian at 31. This is a very thought provoking thread for me. I never realized or perhaps cared about images or idols in my religous upbringing before becoming a Christian.

There are so many ways people idol and worship things whether it be Mary, statues, TV, food, cigarettes or sports or perhaps computers?. Anything that takes our focus of Jesus because we are focused completely on that instead of praying on worshipping is idol worship.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

IMO this is saying not to worship idols. Now Catholics don't worship statues & Americans don't worship the statue of liberty...some might but that would be wrong. Catholics & Americans are very symbolic. Is this wrong?; maybe, if your not catholic or American it shouldn't matter to you.

Hi follower,

I know that much in the bible is symbolic but no where does God allow symbolism in images that He has not expressly authorized. See Ex. 32

LT

so your comparing this to the golden calf? The key word is worship.

7 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. 8 They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, 'These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.'

not the same.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

"In the world of today we in America see very little if any physical idols,"

How can you say that? Statues of angels, saints, Mary, Jesus, are all over the USA. Maybe I missed your point.....

True...true.the Stuff in Israel out here is terrible...............