Voice Of God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I, personally, am tired of christians talking about being under demonic attack!

I disagree.

Ephesians 6:12 - For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Being attacked is a part of what happens when you are in a war.

Did you know the devil loves us to talk about him?

Have you ever heard the expression: "Know your enemy"?

Do you know that you have been given ALL POWER and AUTHORITY over the devil?

But if you are ignorant and unskilled in how to utilize that power and authority, you won't do too well.

Please let me remind you that the war has ALREADY BEEN ONE. JESUS WON and so do we!

If you want to fight the devil, be my guest, you will waste all your time and energy on him andbecome weary and tired in doing so! HE HAS ALREADY LOST! RESIST HIM and he will flee and more importantly SUBMIT YOURSELF TO GOD.

The problem is, most people do not know who they are IN CHRIST and instead of taking their GOD GIVEN DOMINON AND AUTHORITY they fight and war against an already defeated foe!

Notice Jesus rebuked satan with VERY FEW WORDS like COME OUT, BE GONE, ETC. He did not have a war with satan or even give him much time talking (Quieting Him Often) and so forth.

The works Jesus did, we shall do also, and greater works shall we do. :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

VOG: The battlefield is the mind. We are at war...daily.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

The idea of resisting something generally requires an effort.

:blink:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Please let me remind you that the war has ALREADY BEEN ONE. JESUS WON and so do we!

If you want to fight the devil, be my guest, you will waste all your time and energy on him andbecome weary and tired in doing so! HE HAS ALREADY LOST!

Then why are we commanded to take up the full armor of God?

RESIST HIM and he will flee and more importantly SUBMIT YOURSELF TO GOD.

This could be considered a battle, too, you know.

The problem is, most people do not know who they are IN CHRIST and instead of taking their GOD GIVEN DOMINON AND AUTHORITY they fight and war against an already defeated foe!

Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war / With the cross of Jesus going on before . . .

Oops! Sorry.

Seriously, I believe you have a point, but I disagree with the explanation of the point. I do not believe the issue is about whether or not we are in a war, but rather how we fight that war. You are correct, in my opinion, that we give too much attention to Satan and giving him "talking time" and all of that. This is his deception in our understanding giving him more power than he has in the wrong areas and us less authority than we have. But we are also deceived in not giving him enough credit in where his power truly lies - the power to deceive and manipulate.

And so there is a battle of the mind we struggle against. There is a battle for the hearts and souls of men and women all over the Earth. But we need to stand strong and understand the truth of our authority in Christ and act occordingly and appropriately and wisely.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Positionally, we have all power and authority over the devil, in Christ

If we do not rely on Him to fight our battles, we are battling in the flesh and Satan has a field day.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;)

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

If we do not wear the helmet of salvation the breastplate of righteousness and all that the full armor represents, we have lost our battles against Satan before they start.

We need to be "in Christ" at all times, He is the One who battles Satan not we ourselves.

I always think of this verse when people start yelling at the devil,

Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? :blink:

:)

If we do not wear the helmet of salvation the breastplate of righteousness and all that the full armor represents, we have lost our battles against Satan before they start.

Amen! Ephesians 6 says it so well....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

VOG: The battlefield is the mind. We are at war...daily.

You may be, but I cast down vain imagination and thoughts that go against the knowledge of God! I take every thought captive!

My war is more with my flesh...

Satan knows who I am and you need to let him know who you are too! Take authority over him and believe it or not he has to listen! BE THE VOICE OF GOD.

HE MUST BOW DOWN TO THE NAME OF JESUS!

So many belivers are defeated because they war with the devil in their minds instead of taking their God given authority!

If you want victory, then submit yourself to God and RESIST the devil... quit fighting him!

HE LOST!

Satan... THE LORD REBUKE YOU FROM THIS BOARD!

Guest shadow2b

Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war / With the cross of Jesus going on before . . .

LOVE THAT SONG ---ONE OF MY FAVORITES---FIRST MOST FAVORITE----battle hymn of the REPUBLIC

glory---glory--HALL-EEEE--LUuuuu--JAH---HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON---

GREAT post NEB--- I agree on "HOW" we fight & WE DO need to know our enemy

BILL>>>>>> LOVE THAT POST BRO. SO TRUE--I hear too much "the devil made me do it" for my liking. I believe there is influence today in the demonic realm, but there also has to be a level of personal accountability.

GOD-BLESS-ALL--TRUTHSEEKERS---Gary--- :il: :(:( :(

• 1 month later...
Guest Test4echo

Wow, what a post.

I disagree with everything.

Satan does have power over us. Maybe not spiritually, but mentally, physically. Did he not influence one of the disciples? Did Jesus not say;

" Get thee behind me Satan!"

How many of you, or myself can compare to a disciple?

I don't care if your a Christian or Muslum, or whatever.

The moment you beleive that Satan cannot attack you or influence you, you'd be wise to watch your back.

I am always on guard. I have to be. I sense his presense in my life everywhere.

Although he cannot defeat me, he can make me struggle at times.

I find it hard to beleive that I'm the only Christian that has to fight everyday in some small ways, And some Bigs ways against evil.

Chris,