IGNORED

Gods Healing Today....

The Journey

Guest KiwiBird

My area of weakness in my faith is with the issue of healing.  When I first got saved, I believed with a passion that God healed.  And I don't doubt that He still does so today.  But I guess I wanna understand why when it says in the word that we shall...'lay hands on them and they shall be healed' that it just doesn't seem that easy.  I mean how I long to aproach the hunched over elderly woman in the street whom I feel such compassion for and lay hands on her and say, 'Here, take Jesus.  He is your healer'.  And step back to see the name of Jesus glorified and the woman totally healed.  But there is no way I would do that, not unless the Lord shouted it in my ear! (which seems unlikely) See, I used to have great faith to see the Lord heal...then I saw and prayed for people who didn't get healed...I know there's lots of issues to this but heck...it just seems a puzzle sometimes.  Like ok, Jesus said He took all our iniquities...but if you look in this verse it says we have to do such and such, or lift our left leg or hold our tongue just right.  So how do you continue to pray for healing and have faith when you have seen God say, 'No' so many other times.  No disrespect meant, I love Jesus....just trying to get more understanding on the matter.  Look forward to all your responses  :brightidea:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

ROTFLOL! Kiwi girl...you are so funny.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Kiwi,

Okay, I'm gonna stick my head out and I'm sure somebody's going to think I'm flipping out. But maybe someone will believe me because it's totally true...

I DID experience a miracle healing...and in saying that, nobody would fall over in shock. They might say "praise God" and leave it at that...

But that's not quite what happened.

I was teaching a fourth grade class at a Christian school. Each morning we'd gather together in a circle and each child would add his/her prayer request to our prayer circle.

I put a lot of subjects on hold to make room for prayer with my "kids".

One morning I came in, probably looking very sad and hopeless and the kids wondered what was wrong with their teacher.

I explained to them that after numerous trips to the vet, the animal doctors couldn't figure out why "Joey" {my beloved kitty} was still limping. Nothing on xrays and exams turned up anything. They'd

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Matthew 18:3-5 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Ok guys, I gotta confession to make.  Although healing is one of the "doctrines" of my church.  I really have a hard time with it.  Every time I see some poor soul praying for healing-I want to turn away because it never, never seems to happen.  Especially if it is something really serious.  I feel so sorry for those people that I wish I was the Lord so I could heal them.  So many beautiful saints of the Lord-left to suffer :brightidea:

Oh I've heard all the stories and I guess I do believe once in a great while God intervenes and someone is healed, but several verses in scripture about healing just don't seem like they ring true to me.

In my heart I know the problem isn't with the Word, the problem is with the church (not my church in particular, but the church in general)  but it still makes me feel bad to know that although we "lay hands on the sick", fast, anoint with oil, pray the prayer of faith ect.. they don't usually recover.

Well we just had a healing miracle. I had asked Traveller, {poor dear Sister who just lost her only son} to pray for my husband.

He's been deathly ill with a weak heart and  couldn't breath. I was scared to death that he wouldn't wake up. He'd go to sleep and couldn't seem to breath...then wheeze; he'd struggle with breathing because he has congestive heart failure. He takes medications and   had surgery but his breathing has gotten worse and worse.

He WON'T go to the doctor or ER. He refuses. He says, "Hey, what are they going to do? If I die, I die."

His heart is very, very weak and because of that his breathing is very bad. He has a bad heart valve also.

Anyway, after I shared this with Traveller, {who's an "intercessor"} she did pray for him. She prayed that there wouldn't be water backed up in his heart. I never even knew till today that that's what she prayed for.

It seemed like just the next day after she prayed, his energy returned, he stopped wheezing and could breath freely and he's been feeling better than ever. He's gotten back to doing regular activities.

So, don't believe it, Kiwi ...I tell you - God DOES answer our prayers and He does heal. That's the truth.

Kiwi...He does heal animals...that's a fact. But you know what I've learned? If you ask a believing child to pray for you and they do with sincerity, just wait for a miracle to happen...God sure hears the prayers of the little ones!

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,794
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

This is a great topic!

I believe that God heals today -- Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever!