MK202002

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't seen this topic being discussed yet, and I think it is fascinating. I'm going to dissect Daniel chapter 7

This chapter is important because it describes nations that will be around during the time of the antichrist and Jesus's return.

vs.2 Daniel said: "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea. 3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.

These beasts are nations. we don't have to guess this, it tell us in vs.17

4 "The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a man, and the heart of a man was given to it.

-Which country has the symbol of a lion? England. Why does it have wings of an eagle? America's symbol is a bald eagle. America used to be part of England. And the wings were torn off: The revolutionary war.

5 "And there before me was a second beast, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, 'Get up and eat your fill of flesh!'

-Russia is symbolized by a bear. Not to mention it's a huge country! During the communist reign, millions of people died or disappeared. (eat your fill of flesh)

6 "After that, I looked, and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a leopard. And on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule.

-God uses the leopard to symbolize Germany. In WW2, germany had a tank they named 'the leopard'. It was very fast and effective. Why does it have 4 heads? A head must symbolize the times that nation will come to power. The first reich, second reich, and more well known third reich. The forth reich must be forming now. Germany has completed the elections for a new government recently.

7 "After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Of course you realize that traditionally these empires that appear in succession, not at the same time, have been identified as Babylon, Media-Persia, Greece and Rome, and the last beast as the final restoration of a great conglomeration of nations and rulers that some identify as the revised Roman Empire.

Your suggestion that the first beast, lion and eagle, is the U.S and/or Britain has also been made before and is generally rejected.

When compared with the dream and statue of Daniel chapter 2 it would seem these empires may be the same as represented in the dream of Nebuchadnezzar.

Your analysis is worth considering but, frankly, I think you are stretching some of the symbols a bit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Of course you realize that traditionally these empires that appear in succession, not at the same time, have been identified as Babylon, Media-Persia, Greece and Rome, and the last beast as the final restoration of a great conglomeration of nations and rulers that some identify as the revised Roman Empire.

----------------------------

-I don't understand exactly what you are saying here. :wub: Do you mean babylon=lion, media-persia=bear, lepord=greece &rome?Are you saying God uses one symbol for 2 nations? Because if a person factors the revived Roman Empire in there, that's 5 nations to 4 beasts.

-----------------------------------

Your suggestion that the first beast, lion and eagle, is the U.S and/or Britain has also been made before and is generally rejected.

When compared with the dream and statue of Daniel chapter 2 it would seem these empires may be the same as represented in the dream of Nebuchadnezzar.

Your analysis is worth considering but, frankly, I think you are stretching some of the symbols a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

they don't appear at the same time, but they do exist at the same time. In

Daniel 7:12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.) This is after Christ defeats the antichrist, and they still have to be around to have their authority stripped away. These beast cannot be totally succesive to one another.

God's symbol for Greece and Media-Persia cannot be the bear or the lepord, because the symbol for these countries that God shows Daniel in his next vision for them is the ram and the goat.

Daniel 8:20 The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. 21 The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king.

The vision in chapter 2 and Daniels' in 7 cannot be talking about the same things. Look at this verse:

2:32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, 33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay. Daniel sees 5 parts to this statue. 1-head, 2-chest and arms, 3-belly and thighs, 4-legs, 5-feet. Not to say that the statue represents 5 nations, but the last two are one nation, rome before christians and after christians. Daniels vision of the 10-horned beast mentiones no such division, but rather a uniting of these many horns under 1 power.

And....If you believe revelations has to do with the end times. Then look at the beast who comes out of the sea in chapter 13

vs.1And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion.

7 heads? one each from the lion, bear and 10 horned beast. 4 from the leopard. 3=4=7! And it also has 10 horns. It even has attributes of Daniel's beasts: the resemblance of a leopard, feet of a bear, and mouth of a lion. This has to be the United Nations. You pretty much need to speak english there (mouth of a lion, england), it acts like communism (bear).

And look where John saw it. Coming out of the sea. I don't think this is a clue to the beast's location, but to

Daniel 7:2 Daniel said: "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea. 3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.