• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Kal,

God has often proven Himself faithful to me in difficult situations. Usually, just when I'm beginning to think things will never work out.....He comes thru for me.

Unfortunately, I too quickly forget just how faithful He is. And, the next time I'm facing tough odds, I constantly have to fight my anxiety and remind myself that "God works all things for the good of those who love Him".

About a year and a half ago the organization I had worked for for over 24 years found out they were getting a 50% cut in funding from the county. All of us were called in to an emergency meeting.......and we knew the news was not good.

Before the meeting, I prayed with a co-worker, not for our jobs, but that God would use us in some way to bring Him glory at this meeting. That we would stand up for Him and witness to His faithfulness.

As expected, the Vice Presdent explained that there would be extreme cuts and most of us would lose our jobs. While she was speaking one woman got tearful, several looked obviously devastated; but I felt an unexplainable "calm".

After she went thru the specifics and explained how would we be affected, she said, " Where do we go from here?".

Before I even realized I had opened my mouth, I said, "I think we should go to prayer". She looked surprised. Then she looked around at the 15 or so people in the room and asked if anyone objected. No one did. So, she invited me to lead us in prayer.

It was one of those times when the prayer came very easily and from the heart. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I do remember declaring my trust in God's faithfulness.

As we left the meeting, the director came up to me and said, "Thank you. That was very Spirit-filled.

It WAS a true leading of the Holy Spirit. Not because I deserved it, not because I'm "better" than anyone else there, not because I'm more confident...............but because I asked, and was open to Him. And, because He is faithful.

I now have a new job that I love.

God is faithful. I can't be reminded of that enough!

Great idea for a thread. Thanks!

Peace,

Fiosh

:cool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Fiosh,

What a great story! Keep letting God use you.

Sasha Kalashnikova

Hi Kal,

God has often proven Himself faithful to me in difficult situations. Usually, just when I'm beginning to think things will never work out.....He comes thru for me.

Unfortunately, I too quickly forget just how faithful He is. And, the next time I'm facing tough odds, I constantly have to fight my anxiety and remind myself that "God works all things for the good of those who love Him".

About a year and a half ago the organization I had worked for for over 24 years found out they were getting a 50% cut in funding from the county. All of us were called in to an emergency meeting.......and we knew the news was not good.

Before the meeting, I prayed with a co-worker, not for our jobs, but that God would use us in some way to bring Him glory at this meeting. That we would stand up for Him and witness to His faithfulness.

As expected, the Vice Presdent explained that there would be extreme cuts and most of us would lose our jobs. While she was speaking one woman got tearful, several looked obviously devastated; but I felt an unexplainable "calm".

After she went thru the specifics and explained how would we be affected, she said, " Where do we go from here?".

Before I even realized I had opened my mouth, I said, "I think we should go to prayer". She looked surprised. Then she looked around at the 15 or so people in the room and asked if anyone objected. No one did. So, she invited me to lead us in prayer.

It was one of those times when the prayer came very easily and from the heart. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I do remember declaring my trust in God's faithfulness.

As we left the meeting, the director came up to me and said, "Thank you. That was very Spirit-filled.

It WAS a true leading of the Holy Spirit. Not because I deserved it, not because I'm "better" than anyone else there, not because I'm more confident...............but because I asked, and was open to Him. And, because He is faithful.

I now have a new job that I love.

God is faithful. I can't be reminded of that enough!

Great idea for a thread. Thanks!

Peace,

Fiosh

:cool:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

If you spend the time to be in the spirit today, then tomorrow isn

Hi,

The people aren't open to the Lord, but there's success in evangelism when I befriend them and love them. Praying for people really helps, too. Do you have a ministry?

If you spend the time to be in the spirit today, then tomorrow isn

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Lamentations 3:22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Thank you all for sharing with me. Your responses are encouraging.

Sasha Kalashnikova

Lamentations 3:22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

wow! there have been so many,mmm well these are recent,my husband and myself moved in with my daughter to help her after her husband left,he was suppose to be paying the bills,she found out she was 3 months behind on the house note 2 on all the utilties,then a pipe burst under the house,then we smelled gas,then the bathroom floor cracked. i told my daughter to bring me all the bills.her money,my money and my husbands money then i told them to come with me to my bedroom and we prayed,taking turns thanking God for his help all the time holding the money and the bills. then i told them it is finished in Jesus name. i sat down and there was money to pay our tithes,the bills and groceries,gas for our 3 vehicles and $50 left over. the next week we called the plummer,he gave an est. of $200 dollars.that day a friend of hers came over looked at the pipe and fixed it for free,then wwe called the gas company,he said he was turning off the gas it was showing high levels under the house,we had to call a plummer again he had a hard time finding the leak and it was a tiny pin hole in a pipe. he didn't charge anything. the church then sent some men from the church to replace the floor at no charge,but my daughter had gotten her income tax check and payed then the cost of the materials,and told them to go bless others with the money.....God is so good to us,and we give HIM all the praise and glory