• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Hello All!

It's been quite a while since I've been around here. SO BUSY! So much is going on (most VERY good) right now that I haven't been around much. Anyway, thought I would drop in and say hi and share something I wrote a few days ago. I have a dear friend who God has really laid on my heart to talk to about salvation and it has been sticky going about it. I am also reading "Agressive Christianity" by Catherine Booth and one day this sort of just came to me and I wrote it down.

"My Friend,

I feel a heartrending concern for you. I wish to grab you by your collar and shake you until you can see where you stand. You are standing on the edge of a cliff, barefoot, on shards of glass. Will you not turn around and be rescued?

All of us are born on that cliff. Some endure it's agony stubbornly, clinging to that which cuts them, until it pushes them over the edge into an unending abyss. Others try to smile bravely through their sobs, pleading that there is no glass, there is no cliff. However, their agony and fate is the same as that of their stubborn brothers. And there are some that realize the cliff with all it's peril, denial, pain, and eventual torment is not meant to hold them, to claim them, to destroy them. They search for a rescuer. They cry out for deliverance and help comes to them. Help reaches out to pull them from the brink. They must reach toward that help, abandon all of the shards laying into their flesh, and with all that is them latch on to that help and be saved. The stubborn folk and the deniers mock and may curse them, calling them fools, while they themselves remain bound to the horrors they hate to love. The now saved, out of the deep gratitude for the compassion shown them, do not leave the fallen in their misery, but face them as insults are hurled, and plead for them to turn and be saved as well. They weep waterfalls of tears because only a few will listen. Why? Why must they be so content in their agony? Why are they so happy to accept doom? Some say it's because they know nothing else and they are unsure of giving their fate, however grisly, up for something unknown. But, OH! They must be convinced! They must know! We must never tire of telling them!....

Look! Reach! Abandon! Be saved before you fall! You are too precious to be lost forever!!"

Just thought I'd share!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Forgot to wish everyone a Merry Christmas coming soon! (In case I don't get back here before then) ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Welcome back! ;)