WITNESS THE REAL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

[My understanding of the meaning "letting his holy one see decay" was simply another way of saying that God would RAISE "his holy one" from the dead, in contrast to the alternative (not raising him) which would result in him seeing total decay. I believe that his body DID see "some" decay while in the tomb - he was dead, that's what happens to dead people! Decay doesn't happen all at once but occurs over a period of time. kinda like an apple - it does not become rotten (decay) overnight.

Being on a mini farm I have been witness to more than one dead animal and the decay process is considerably noticeable, both visibly and aromatically, after just 2 days. But as 2thePoint pointed out, Jesus was immortal. His body would not have been destined to die anymore than Adam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 12:40

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

If Jesus died on a Friday afternoon roughly 4 o'clock and rose before sunrise on a Sunday How then could Jesus have been in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights? On the Jewish, Even on our modern-day calendar that would be only 2 days.

The bible states in Mark 16:2 that Jesus