• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1974

I know what the common meaning of adultry is... but how far can you go before you actually committ adultry. I had a situation a few months ago when my husband found someone new and wasn't happy in the marriage so he moved out and moved in with his parents. I thought something was up when all throughout our marriage he was never interested in losing weight. Then all of a sudden before he left he wanted to join a gym and went on this big diet. I was very proud of him until I found out he was doing it for another woman and not me. He had actually just picked up one day, looked me in the face, and told me that I didn't make him happy anymore and he was leaving... but all he wanted was his clothes, truck, and mounted fish. I was so crushed at the time that him only taking those items didn't mean much to me until 3 days after he left he called and wanted me to get the divorce papers written up. I told him he was the one that left that he could have it done and pay for it too. He then told me that No.. he was going to pay for it and would agree to all that was in the papers as long as he could see our boys. That threw up another red flag. So it took me about 2 weeks to gather myself to go have this done. It took the lawyer a few days to get it written up and I called him and told him it was ready for him to sign it. so, within a month of him leaving we had divorced papers fixed up, agreed upon. and signed. Then 2 days after they were signed he called me and asked me how soon he could start dating. I told him not until the 60 days was up and the judge had signed the papers. Apparantly everyone in our church that I grew up in didn't see a problem with him dating before the divorce was final. I thought after 11 years of marriage that he could at least give me that much respect. I feel he committed adultry for the entire time he moved out and possibly even before he moved out..... What do you think?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. According to the Bible, adultry is having lustful thoughts as well as the actual act of sex. I am sure you already know that. Your husband maybe going through something that he might not know how to handle it. My aunt went through something like this, she was with my uncle for 13 years and left him for another man.

I really have no wise advise for you but please don't lose your faith in Jesus! He will be strong for you.

May He Bless Your Heart!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I know what the common meaning of adultry is... but how far can you go before you actually committ adultry. I had a situation a few months ago when my husband found someone new and wasn't happy in the marriage so he moved out and moved in with his parents. I thought something was up when all throughout our marriage he was never interested in losing weight. Then all of a sudden before he left he wanted to join a gym and went on this big diet. I was very proud of him until I found out he was doing it for another woman and not me. He had actually just picked up one day, looked me in the face, and told me that I didn't make him happy anymore and he was leaving... but all he wanted was his clothes, truck, and mounted fish. I was so crushed at the time that him only taking those items didn't mean much to me until 3 days after he left he called and wanted me to get the divorce papers written up. I told him he was the one that left that he could have it done and pay for it too. He then told me that No.. he was going to pay for it and would agree to all that was in the papers as long as he could see our boys. That threw up another red flag. So it took me about 2 weeks to gather myself to go have this done. It took the lawyer a few days to get it written up and I called him and told him it was ready for him to sign it. so, within a month of him leaving we had divorced papers fixed up, agreed upon. and signed. Then 2 days after they were signed he called me and asked me how soon he could start dating. I told him not until the 60 days was up and the judge had signed the papers. Apparantly everyone in our church that I grew up in didn't see a problem with him dating before the divorce was final. I thought after 11 years of marriage that he could at least give me that much respect. I feel he committed adultry for the entire time he moved out and possibly even before he moved out..... What do you think?

He called for the divorce. Doesn't matter if he waits two years, he'll be committing adultry.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'm with you in this one, Teresa...he was unfaithful.

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matt. 5:28

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, Teresa, I really am. You and your children will be in my prayers. *hugs*

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

BIBLICAL MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE

OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT BASIC PRINCIPLES

"What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate"

Malachi 2:13 "This is another thing you do: you cover the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping and with groaning, because He no longer regards the offering or accepts it with favor from your hand. 14"Yet you say, 'For what reason?' Because the LORD has been a witness between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant. 15"But not one has done so who has a remnant of the Spirit And what did that one do while he was seeking a godly offspring? Take heed then to your spirit, and let no one deal treacherously against the wife of your youth. 16"For I hate divorce," says the LORD, the God of Israel, "and him who covers his garment with wrong," says the LORD of hosts. "So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously." 17 You have wearied the LORD with your words Yet you say, "How have we wearied Him?" In that you say, "Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and He delights in them," or, "Where is the God of justice?"

God makes it clear that He does not approve of divorce. In fact, He says He hates it. If God hates something, shouldn

Guest st.croy

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/17/1984

I believe that your husband did commit adultery eventhough he wasn't acutally sleeping with the other woman, atleast to your knowledge. It's fine to be friends with the opposite sex (my husband has lots of females who are friends, but he would never cheat on me). Your husband seeing another woman behind your back is adultery because he wasn't honest with you about it, and the fact that he was inspired by another woman instead of you is terrible because he became so inspired he decided he wasn't happy with you. God bless you in your life without your husband. I hope you have a great future; I'll keep you in my prayers.

Britani

Guest Debborah

Malachi 2:13 "This is another thing you do: you cover the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping and with groaning, because He no longer regards the offering or accepts it with favor from your hand. 14"Yet you say, 'For what reason?' Because the LORD has been a witness between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant. 15"But not one has done so who has a remnant of the Spirit And what did that one do while he was seeking a godly offspring? Take heed then to your spirit, and let no one deal treacherously against the wife of your youth. 16"For I hate divorce," says the LORD, the God of Israel, "and him who covers his garment with wrong," says the LORD of hosts. "So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously." 17 You have wearied the LORD with your words Yet you say, "How have we wearied Him?" In that you say, "Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and He delights in them," or, "Where is the God of justice?"

God makes it clear that He does not approve of divorce. In fact, He says He hates it. If God hates something, shouldn

Guest Debborah

Guest Debborah

I was just reading the reply and great article from Mr and Mrs Sealed. I was facinated with the very clear scripture. I have just been through a very hard year, I am not sure if you have seen my question on the online board. Is it true then that I dont have a biblical right to leave my husband, who still wants to work things through after he has had an affair, in which a child will be born soon? It is so hard. How does God want me to react to this child, even though I dont really want to recognize him/her in our family, especially for my own kids sake. I just assumed that if he committed adultery, I had the right to divorce him. Maybe I was wrong. This is so hard for me, and I know it is for my husband also to live with what he has done. He is not a christian, and I feel I am not showing him a very christian example sometimes. Any suggestions?