apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Wow. I had to read that, like 5 times! And I read for a living! Let me just say this: I landed in Belize yesterday and there is not a Wal Mart in sight. Talk about culture shock. I am thinking if,if we could open on up here, Butero, we could make a fortune, not to mention give some jobs to people who need them. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Wow. I had to read that, like 5 times! And I read for a living! Let me just say this: I landed in Belize yesterday and there is not a Wal Mart in sight. Talk about culture shock. I am thinking if,if we could open on up here, Butero, we could make a fortune, not to mention give some jobs to people who need them. :blink:

OOOO, we could also enslave some African Americans and force them to pick cotton for the t-shirts needed for the new Wal-Mart! We could also take one gaint doo doo on the Bible where it tells us the love of money is the root of all evil (love of money leads to exploitation...you want to make a fortune at the cost of slaves)! Sounds like one giant Anti-Christ time!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

:blink::blink:

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

:blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

:blink: ok I gotta go there.....I work for the other part of the corporation....Sam's Club...yes we have problems and believe me there problems....and if Sam were alive he would up and get rid of lots of folks that work there now.....but let's keep in mind this one thing.....JOBS. Each time that one opens you don't see it closed. Yes we relocate but in that relocation we provided more JOBS. For those mom and pop businesses we would hire those who left....they would be well qualifed....for the locations that adhere to what Sam started....he would rather have them than some of these fresh out of college and don't know a darm about his principles....yes....they don't always adhere to the breaks and all that....once again those fresh attitudes that don't know a thing about how Sam ran things....so it can happen in California...Texas and even right where you live....but if you don 't stand up for yourself and your coworkers and just shake your head....tell someone....they have to do something about it....it doesn't have to go all the way to court....

:blink::blink:

I know what I said was shocking...but it's the attitude shown. If it's okay for Chinese people to be enslaved for cheap labour...why not just start making slavery a part of our culture again...afterall, it would create "jobs" and we could compete in the production market.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Wow. I had to read that, like 5 times! And I read for a living! Let me just say this: I landed in Belize yesterday and there is not a Wal Mart in sight. Talk about culture shock. I am thinking if,if we could open on up here, Butero, we could make a fortune, not to mention give some jobs to people who need them. :blink:

OOOO, we could also enslave some African Americans and force them to pick cotton for the t-shirts needed for the new Wal-Mart! We could also take one gaint doo doo on the Bible where it tells us the love of money is the root of all evil (love of money leads to exploitation...you want to make a fortune at the cost of slaves)! Sounds like one giant Anti-Christ time!

Greetings from Paradise. Sarcasm isn't very becoming unless you use it correctly. My dad, bless his heart, who is not a Christian by any stretch of the imagination but rather a staunch Jew, was reading this most fascinating thread this morning in our hotel room, and made a fascinating comment about the dirtiest dog barking the loudest. You, apothanein kerdos, seem to be the one barking the loudest, playing the race card and poverty card, love of money card, etc. Perhaps YOU are the one that has the problem with a person's race, financial status and maybe you are the one with a problem with money. I am not saying you do, just wondering. My father also says you may have other short comings, but I wouldn't know about that.

A lesser person would be offended by your comments, but I keep resonding your posts because, frankly, you amuse me, and I am interested in seeing how far you can go with this, I suspect you can't top the whole "doo doo on the Bible" part, though. You certainly distinguished yourself with that comment, bro.

Greetings from Paradise. Sarcasm isn't very becoming unless you use it correctly. My dad, bless his heart, who is not a Christian by any stretch of the imagination but rather a staunch Jew, was reading this most fascinating thread this morning in our hotel room, and made a fascinating comment about the dirtiest dog barking the loudest. You, apothanein kerdos, seem to be the one barking the loudest, playing the race card and poverty card, love of money card, etc. Perhaps YOU are the one that has the problem with a person's race, financial status and maybe you are the one with a problem with money. I am not saying you do, just wondering. My father also says you may have other short comings, but I wouldn't know about that.

A lesser person would be offended by your comments, but I keep resonding your posts because, frankly, you amuse me, and I am interested in seeing how far you can go with this, I suspect you can't top the whole "doo doo on the Bible" part, though. You certainly distinguished yourself with that comment, bro.

The problem with this post is that there is no substantive reply and likewise fails to address the issue at hand. Instead you turn to attacking me and not what is said.

The point is, you stated you think we could make money by opening an Wal-Mart elsewhere in the world. You state this in the form that you want to profit off of it (nothing wrong with profits). THe problem is that this is done after it has been established the main reason Wal-Mart is so successful is because it uses slave labour. I was merely using your own logic and stating that maybe we should use slave labour in the US.

Instead of attacking me (which is all you've done this thread), why not actually offer up some substance? It would nice of you to try this tactic for a change.

Of the two of us, I'm the only one that has used evidence and logic. It is you that have continued to stoop to name calling, pointing out flaws in the person, whilst ignoring the issue entirely. I suggest you get off your high horse and begin to debate the issue.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Dear apothanein kerdos,

I'm writing this to you because you seem to be the only one listening to your good samaritain heart. I cannot stand to see you personally attacked like this. I want you to know that I am f and near fifty years old and I have not lost my passion for what is right, and don't believe in choosing between two evils either and want you to know that I hope you keep your love for what is right all your days and not let age or situation or anything else dull you, as has happened to many with dull ears.

What we do does change the world.

I love that you see Christians love is active, a verb and not a noun of a sort, I know you'll understand what I mean here.

I see in your posts so many times you have took the words out of my own mouth. I agree with what you have said and thank you for all your heartfelt efforts try to help others to understand.

The Romans entertaining themselves was a great example. No one would of picked a lesser of two evils ! Knowing Christians don't pick evil knowingly ever!

I am finding it difficult to decide to talk to some people here or not because I don't see them caring. How can this be said as enjoyable to discuss?! It is misery to our felowman and people find it enjoyable debate? -and don't even stick to the first rule of debate to not attack the other person, personally! When you are trying with all your intellect , facts in research and heart to help them see what you are saying ! So much you are trying to talk to people about , they have taken out of context without logical or scriptural truth or honesty of heart. Often saying what is not said in return. I find the lack of heart sickening to my heart.

One of the biggest problems with people is that they think that "do not lie"means not to lie to others and fail to see that the most lies they will ever tell are to themselves until they no longer recognize them anymore.

Your efforts inspire me to keep trying and I thank you very much. You are valiant in my eyes to have tried so hard, even when personally attacked, wanting to get people to care and see how they can help others in this world. I want you to know this has not gone unnoticed by me, at least.

Yes, I agree in many things with you and yes we can change the world and are personally responsible to help where we know we can.

Forgive me that I have not helped you more here in the way of debate. You are far more adept at explaining this than I and I just even want to say I am proud of you!! You have really tried.

God bless you

Love in Christ,

skyelights

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Overseas Factory Conditions

Wal-Mart strives to do business only with factories run legally and ethically. We continue to commit extensive resources to making the Wal-Mart system one of the very best. We require suppliers to ensure that every factory conforms to local workplace laws and that there is no illegal child or forced labor. Wal-Mart also works with several different outside monitoring firms to randomly inspect thousands of these factories each year to ensure compliance. In fact, we conduct more than 250 factory inspections each week as part of our commitment. In short, we have no desire to do business with any factory being run illegally or unethically, and we feel that our program is helping to improve working conditions and create economic opportunity for workers around the world.

http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb...g=49&contId=814