• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/13/1955

In a particularly spirit filled and rewarding half day of Private worship.... I suddenly was overwelmed with the need to call the brother of an old Friend I hadn't seen in years,(either of them), and Tell him Specifically "God whats you to know that everything will work out", "what ever is going on is not your fault", "it will all work soon".

Well I waited till the end of the event I was at , called his Dad and asked for a phone number. I called and said, " Hi I don't know if you remember me ,gave my name, and said I don't know what is going on but "God wants you to know everything will work out, its not your fault and it will all work out soon. I'm going to shorten the story by passing over his amazement and mine....and the reasons why but he had just been asked to leave the church as Pastor when I was led to call him.... Within a week he had been invited by someone who had either previously worshiped at the Church or had visited I forget and was called to Pastor at their two sister churchs.

So what was this?

I have had similar whatevers and have not followed through on them.... mostly because they were a promise to several congregations prayers,(including what I guess I will call visions of the positive end of the promise), along with a very unpleasant consequences if they did not follow through on what they had asked for.

Other service to God has been and is continuing to be fruitful, but I have kind and run an hid from these and apparent previews of things to come in more personal areas. And yes they did or already had happened when I somehow knew they had. A childhood friends Dad's death, with me not even knowing he was ill, including her standing beside him with tears in her eyes was one. Thank God he was saved. Somebody please tell me what this is????? :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I think it's intervention. While Christians know that God will work things out, sometimes it helps to have a vocal voice to reassure the belief.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I believe it's the voice of the Holy Spirit within you. Perhaps the Lord has given you a specific gift of encouragement or knowledge, but it still comes from the Holy Spirit who is within you. Learn to listen to His voice, to know when it is him speaking to you, and then do what he tells you to do. Be in His word so that you know him, how he works, what he says, etc. The Lord will speak to those who will listen and who will obey. The Bible says he confides in those who fear him. Sometimes the Lord uses us as his instruments to talk to other people. I have had many times when he has given me a word for someone and there have been numerous times when he has given someone a word for me just at the right time when I needed to hear it. It is one of God's many ways of encouraging his children. God bless you for your obedience in being God's instrument of comfort and encouragement to that brother. So many times people hear God's voice but they do not follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit, perhaps out of fear. We need to listen. So many people need to be encouraged.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Amen Sue.

I think that many people desire to hear from God but we should actually realize that God speaks through the brothers and sisters in Christ. I have received timely words from brothers and I have given some to others. It is good to follow through with whatever the Lord reveals to us...even if we're not sure. I think that many times people will consider what the Lord reveals to them silly...or they're scared of being embarassed...so they do not follow through with it.

SavedOne, I would agree with Sue and Aponthenein. It looks like a word of encouragement. It really strengthens and reaffirms your friend's walk in Christ. I would continue in recognizing the moving of the Holy Spirit here. Sometimes these inner promptings are from God and following these can greatly edify the Church.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Also....be cautious...test the spirits...

The "word" could just as easily be an obsure horoscope reading that fits everybody and every circumstance.

Who on this board is not going through difficult times and needs to hear that it will work out and be ok.

Sometimes when we want it too bad the flesh is only too willing to give us the desperate validation that we feel faith needs. Thus, we end up with divination and not divine intervention.

Just a thought.

Steve

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

here is a prophecy scripture:

Corinthians 14:3But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.

Sounds like it fits the description. I was cleaning the bathroom floor one day and God dropped the idea to call a friend of mine and ask her if she was reading her bible. And i did, and it helped her. But, like you, I don't know what catogory to put that in.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

here is a prophecy scripture:

Corinthians 14:3But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.

Sounds like it fits the description. I was cleaning the bathroom floor one day and God dropped the idea to call a friend of mine and ask her if she was reading her bible. And i did, and it helped her. But, like you, I don't know what catogory to put that in.

I'm not sure that it is necessary to put a label on it or to put it into a category. I think the most important thing is just to be sensitive to God's voice, to be studying the word of God in the Bible so we know what is God's voice and what isn't, and then when we have discerned the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to us that we follow God where he leads us. We know it is God's will to encourage others, so I don't think it ever hurts to offer a kind or encouraging word.