• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

The Hebrew reading of Genesis 1 is quite different then the English reading. Verse 1 states that God created the world...but that it was in a state of chaos, un-formed.....kind of like it would be after the Big Bang :thumbsup:

Lol, okay Apoth, maybe I should have worded my question better. :noidea: could you point me to a book or website, which states that God created the world in a state of chaos.

God Bless

Anne

My apologies 2thepoint, I had a knee jerk reaction to the below quote, anyway I offer my apology, and am sorry that I offended you.

and the only reason people try to invent such a theory is the erroneous assumption that evolution is scientific.

God Bless

Anne

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

So, you are saying that God originally created (verse 1) in the manner spoken of in (verse 2), and then inhabited it as describe in (verse 3)?

I think so. What I understand, is He continues His creation on as described in verse 3 from the earlier points in verse 1&2. :noidea:

:thumbsup:

God Bless,

Mrs. SE

Edited by Mr*MrsSealedEternal

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Ok, help me out here. Is there, or is there not, a verb "to be" in the Hebrew language?

...is, be, am, are, WAS, were, been...?

Is there a verb "to become"? (different from the verb to be).

:P

VFT

I'm not sure valiant, i'm only learning myself, however, if you go to the Hebrew forum here, and put your question there, someone who knows more about the Hebrew language may be able to help.

Anne

I think I have found something we all can agree upon, following on from verse 2 of Genesis.

Some refer to it as "The First day of Creation," because as it has been pointed out they believe that verse 1 and 2 do not speak of a creation followed by a catastrophic event. I refer to it as "The First day of Restoration," for reasons already posted. Whichever you choose to believe the message in verse 3 I believe is a clear indication to (a) the sinner, (b) those who believe in God, but do not believe that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, but view Him more as a very smart man and © a commission to the Christians.

Genesis Chapter 1 verse 3

And God said, "Let there be light:" and there was light.

Firstly, the word "light" spoken of here, seems to be indicating some sort of illumination and I can see from my concordance that it is also described as happiness, clear, lightning and morning. I was reminded when reading this, of a question asked on the forums here not that long ago, concerning the difference between the light described in verse 3 and the lights described in verses 14 through to 16, the poster queried what the light in verse 3 actually was? However I am not at all sure, the difference I can find is that the lights, (describe in my concordance as an illuminary body), spoken of in the latter verse is indeed different from that of verse three. But the question still remains, what is the light spoken of in verse 3? I don't think I have an answer, so would appreciate anyone elses input on the matter.

But I did find something very interesting whilst reading verse 3, something which I found quite thought provoking, and I hope you do too.

God's first commandment is here in this verse, "Let there be light," and light was, God commanded it must be so and no power on earth could hold back that which God commands. What God commands, must be and will be, what more proof would someone need that Jesus was indeed the Son of God?

Here is some for you to contemplate:-

(1) Mark 4 verse 39

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, "Peace be still." And the wind ceased, and there was a great CALM.

(2) Mark 5 verse 41 and 42

And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, "TALITHA CUMI;" which is, being interpreted, "Damsel, I say unto thee, arise."

And straightway the damsel arose, and walked;

(3) Luke 5 verse 13

And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, "I will: be thou clean." And immediately the leprosy departed from him.

(4) Luke 7 verses 14 and 15

And he said, "Young man, I say unto thee, arise."

And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak.

(5) John 11 verses 43 and 44

And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, "LAZARUS, COME FORTH."

And he that was dead came forth.

There are many more examples of Jesus performing miracles such as this in the New Testament, who else could have done such a wonder? Only God himself who chased away the darkness in verse 3 of Genesis!

Look closer those who do not believe that Jesus was the Son of God, the voice who commanded "peace be still", is the same voice who commanded "Let there be light." The voice who commanded, "Damsel, I say unto thee, arise," is the same voice who commanded "Let there be light." The voice who commanded, "LAZARUS, COME FORTH!", is the same voice that commanded, "Let there be light!" No one else could have spoken with such authority! Jesus Christ IS the Son of God and my Saviour! Selah.

The authority of God who created the heaven and earth, is the same authority which is stamped upon in the New testament.

Of course God need not have uttered a single word, for "light" to be, nor need Jesus have said anything, but, surely it can be understood that from the very foundation of the earth, God wanted us to know just how all powerful and mighty His Word is. The Word of God is absolute, it is all sufficient light, and from the light of His Word darkness takes flight! The Word of God is our Heavenly Father's Will and it will not go unheeded. What great comfort this must be to us as born again believers!

But there is a more, somber message in verse 3 of Genesis chapter 1, one which every Christian must bear in mind when they pass a friend who they know is not saved, or a stranger whose destination is unsure. Or indeed the sinner themself, who perchance happens to read this post.

Man fell into darkness with the first sin, generation after generation continues to live in that sin which was committed in the Garden of Eden. People are falling deeper and deeper into that sin as the years pass by, either completely ignorant of the light, having no knowledge of it's presence, or at the worse, having knowledge of the light but choosing in their stubborness to ignore it altogether. Well, here in Genesis verse 3 is a warning for the sinner.

It is likely, I think, that many do not know they are born into and continue to live in darkness. If they did, could their minds reason the danger which they are headed towards? It seems foolishness to them when a passing stranger points out the peril of their journey. They think it a joke, when someone tells them of the Saviour who died for them, of the light which can dissapate that awful darkness. Yet, with all the intellect the sinner can muster, they will try to reason with it in their hearts, understand it with their minds and by their own sheer will endeavour to shine their own light, to travel their own way, but they will fail. Now maybe the light flickers for a moment, and some satisfaction is attain, but shortly it fizzles out. Maybe the sinner just shruggs his shoulders, unable to fully understand the battle in his heart, and continues along his walk without much more thought on the matter. Further along the sinners walk a voice cuts through the darkness and commands, "LET THERE BE LIGHT" and the sinner looks at his life, seeing the pain he has caused and the trouble he has inflicted upon others. He looks down and sees his feet stand just balancing upon the edge of a cliff. And for one awful moment, all seems lost. What should the sinner do with this new found knowledge? Should he continue on his journey over the cliff, or will he turn and humble himself, and say "Yes Lord I see."

I think it is not only important to realise that the Word of God is a light unto this world, but we as Christians must understand we bare an important in this command!

:blink: I've just noticed I got a little carried away. I stop now, lol. Who would have thought so much could be understood from so little, sorry guys :blink:

:b:

Howdy!

The current year is 2005 CE, which is after Christ and in the Christian/Common Era on the Gregorian calender. It is correspondingly 5766 on the lunar calender.

On the Gregorian calender, we count backwards to the year of our Lord to get to 0.

Dates prior to this are referred to as BCE, which is before the Christian/Common Era. Dates on this side of the time line count forward to the year of our Lord, about 4000 years of previous history, give or take a few controversial years.

If you add up all the genealogies in the bible starting from Adam, you will come up with this time line, also.

The lunar calender has a 28 day monthly cycle, so the years are adding up differently due to the discrepancy in the length of years on the Gregorian calender.

Go to Kent Hovinds website, google drdino.com, and you can check out his presentation on there called "The Age of the Earth." You can watch it, and some other presentations from this site. He also offers, in his online store, under the witnessing category, a laminate with a genealogical time line of man, starting with Adam, for $5. This would be a good study aide and I am recommending it. I think I just sold myself on that one...lol. :b:

Anne, isn't God's Word invaluable? :b: I love it... it is so full of wisdom...I am always learning something from it, no matter how many times I search it out...something of unimaginable wealth to treasure it up in our hearts. :b:

Glory be to God,

Mrs. SE :blink:

:thumbs_down: Howdy back to you Mrs SE

I'll take a look at that site tonight, thank you for the info.

God Bless you and Mr SE too

Anne

If anyone would care to help out with the following:-

If you have read my initial theory on Genesis 1 verses 1 and 2, and are of the same opinion, how does the following verse fit into that theory?

Matthew 19 v 4

And he answered and said unto them, "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

I've checked, it's same beginning as verse 1 of Genesis.

So, i find myself in a confusing spot, :taped: concerning the point of creation of Adam and Eve, either I was wrong or I was wrong.............someone pass me a baseball bat, no it's okay, i'll hit myself over the head.

In my defence it is a sign of intelligence, to admit you are not intelligent :thumbs_down:

If anyone would care to help out with the following:-

If you have read my initial theory on Genesis 1 verses 1 and 2, and are of the same opinion, how does the following verse fit into that theory?

Matthew 19 v 4

And he answered and said unto them, "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

I've checked, it's same beginning as verse 1 of Genesis.

So, i find myself in a confusing spot, :o concerning the point of creation of Adam and Eve, either I was wrong or I was wrong.............someone pass me a baseball bat, no it's okay, i'll hit myself over the head.

In my defence it is a sign of intelligence, to admit you are not intelligent :thumbs_down:

:21:

Howdy, Anne!

I do not read the Matthew verse as alluding to the order of God's creation specifically, but rather, as at the beginning He made them male and female, and then continues to to explain the marriage union. :)

If you watch the presentation I recommended, Hovind will address that a bit, too, lol. :P

I am not recommending the baseball bat over the head. :b: Bad idea! :taped:

We probably all have unanswered questions, but it is always a treat to find truthful answers from God's Word, eh?

Good reasons to keep seeking the Lord. Amen.

God Bless, :24:

Mrs. SE :huh: