• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

This is a very long read, but scientificly explains how evolution is not possible.

http://www.trinitysem.edu/journal/4-2/lloyd-olson-paper.htm

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gnostic

Evolution is a theory - but a pretty good one to explain the diversity of our Earth. Don't forget that Darwin was a Christian and a scientist. He observed what he saw in his travels on the Beagle and drew obvious conclusions.

I'm European and we have a more metaphorical interpretation of the Old Testament. Therefore many scientists here are devout Christians and yet believe in Evolutionary theory. The two are NOT mutually exclusive. Let's stop wasting time trying to discredit Science in favour of a more accepting attitude towards how mankind began. A literal interpretation of the Old Testament is problematic for Christians, surely: unless you wish to stop eating pork and shellfish, sacrifice pigeons when your period is over and stone a woman to death if she's been raped in the town.

This area - where Christians stop following the Old Testament literally and move onto Jesus' commandments - is one in which many who would follow Christ find themselves in revolt. Jesus came to free us from the Old Laws. He Himself worked on the Sabbath, associated with the 'ritually unclean' and stopped 'lawful' stonings with his words on adultery. That there is a Divine Hand in mankind's genesis is a matter of Faith: literal readings of the OT tie us up in knots and keep us from His Ministry, IMO.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is a very long read, but scientificly explains how evolution is not possible.

http://www.trinitysem.edu/journal/4-2/lloyd-olson-paper.htm

Ohh yet another post on worthy that only consists of someone elses article and a statement on how whatever the article says is true.

Sorry to disappoint you but there are thousands of studies that prove evolution happens, that one article does nothing to change that.

To call the old testament metaphorical is absurd. I respect your opinion, but the Father in the Old Testament states a few times that his Word is perfect. If you read that whole thing, they prove, beyond a doubt how evolution cannot be possible. For things to change THIS much, and by chance none the less is impossible. I will give you that evolution was one hech of a theory, but lacked scientific fact, and replaced it with human observation. If you really believe the Old Testament is what you say it is, then there is no need for you to have it in your Bible, if you want more proof discreditting evolution I would more than happy to provide it. But these two scientists have proved how this theory is impossible. Shalom

Edited by aaronjm

If I write a book that states the opinion that the world is in fact flat, supported by 4 elephants and carried on the back of a giant turtle thats swimming through space. Would people laugh at me if I only used that book as my only source of proof as to why said book is correct?

And please, you believe every word of the old testament is correct? Is that including all the contradictions or not?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

What some kind Europeans see as "science" is quite simply evolutionary hypothesis, in fact a religion unto itself. Secular humanism comes dressed up these days in many fashionable items. Its major tenet involves outright CENSORSHIP of all who dare disagree with its hoary doctrine. Ah, sweet consistency, thou art a rare jewel indeed!

Two monkeys sat in a cocoanut tree,

Discussing things as they ought to be.

Man descended, the ornery cuss,

But brother, he didn't descend from us!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I'm sorry guys, but the fact of sexual reproduction disproves evolution completely. Until evolution can explain why such an unweildy method of species' reproduction--and one so fraught with with dangers for the continuation of the species, and the passing on of genetic traits--then evolution is dead.

Think. THINK. THINK!

I'm sorry guys, but the fact of sexual reproduction disproves evolution completely. Until evolution can explain why such an unweildy method of species' reproduction--and one so fraught with with dangers for the continuation of the species, and the passing on of genetic traits--then evolution is dead.

Think. THINK. THINK!

Thats probably the most stupid thing (not counting Arthurs last comment) that i've read all day. Care to back that up with some scientific prove? And not the kind you find on a "Christian Scientist" website. I'm talking proper medical/biological journal articles agreeing with that propostion.

And Arthur, do you realise your comment is actually racist?

There is NO contradictions, only human error in interperating. And the Bible isn't just one book, it has been brought together into one book. You think the Bible has chapters??

"The second postulate says that I can get to the first step. Modern empirical verifiable testable science thoroughly discredits the Miller/Urey experiments. A problem seldom noted by textbooks is that the chemical reactions that produced the amino acids in the Miller/Urey experiments are reversible. That is, the same energy sources that cause the formation of the building blocks of life will also destroy those same building blocks unless they are removed from the environment where they were created. In fact, the building blocks of life are destroyed even more efficiently than they are created. This chemical reversal was foreseen by Miller and Urey. They built into their mechanism a chemical trap specially designed to remove the newly formed chemicals before the next spark reversed (destroyed) the previous gains. Of course, this luxury would not be available on the early earth. If Huxley were to use this information with his monkey business with typewriters then those typewriters would have to include an automatic backspace after each monkey-stroke! Thus, the monkeys could type for eternity and the result would be a blank page!

It takes more faith to believe in evolution over Intelligent design. Without the chemical trap that the scientists used, anything that was created would be immediately destroyed.