• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1955

Can you help me with the above, if we are no longer under law then should we tythe and if so how much?

My husband doesnt believe so I cannot tythe income that I dont earn. Also if you belong to a church should you give to that church even though you are not sure how the money is spent.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Can you help me with the above, if we are no longer under law then should we tythe and if so how much?

My husband doesnt believe so I cannot tythe income that I dont earn. Also if you belong to a church should you give to that church even though you are not sure how the money is spent.

We do still tithe. More than 10% we give all 100% of ourself to GOd in Christ and all we have to Him for HIs kingdom.

You can find out from the church where the money goes. Infact, you can specify on the check where you want it to go, missions ,other, food bank, also.

There are more things to tithe than money, also. A garden isa great way to help with food for others also. Your time may be needed at the church or by a neighbor. Let God lead you.

Must repect you husband and keep peace there. Many tithe 10% yet ,some more and some less. Ask GOd what HE is wanting you to do right now and I am sure He won't fail to speak to you.

The Scriptures talk about not robbing Gods house and to tithe and that many blessings come to you as GOD opens the storehouse of heaven upon you.

You can also pray that God provide the way that you may meet to tithe and see Him work and grow in faith seeing HIs work from faithful prayers.

I hope this is helpful to you.

After all, all we have is from the Hand of GOD.

blessings,

elkie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Brother Jeff, simply continue to tithe in your heart. The money will come eventually, and you seem to have the heart to do so when you can.

Until then, you just keep your eyes on the mark and continue in the Spirit.

Have no worries.

t.

I just finished typing this in reponse to another persons question regarding tithes. I reckon it applies here, as well.

One note: Any church should be giving out financial reports fairly regularly (at least monthly or quarterly) to show exactly where the money is going. If yours is not, I would suggest asking for a copy.

If they refuse, or try to dodge the issue, chances are that something isn't quite right. :taped:

t.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Just give & trust in God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I think the NT teaching is that we are to give generously...there is no amount specified, but when we give it is to be out of a love for God and an appreciation for others. I've never believed that it HAS to be 10% to your local church, though that's a good place to start out. In 2 Cor. 8 Paul commends the generosity of some Believers (though I'm not going to claim that all their generosity was in monetary gifts, I'm certain at least some of it was), and in Chapter 9 verse 7, he says that "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

Christ himself talked about proper habits of giving, that they are not for personal praise or Pharisaical practice, but as an act of love. Jesus never said "do not give," rather "this is how you should give..."

So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (Matt. 6:2-4)

The point is, all we have is God's--finances, house, food, whatever--so set your heart to using all those things to honor Him, and you can't go wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Jesus never said that we do not have to obey the law. He said, I come not to destroy the law but fulfill it. He also said that every jot and tittle of the law would be fulfilled. If you read his words, he wanted us to go beyond the law, not reject it. Therefore, yes, we pay tithes, at least 10 percent but as someone else said, we give generously. However, in today's world I believe you have to be careful. Some churches are unscrupulous. Be sure your church is not one of those.

Here is a good scripture concerning tithes:

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and proveme now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

We don't tithe in order to receive blessings but it's a natural result of generosity from the heart. If we are being stingy, how do we expect God to be generous to us? In the modern vernacular, what goes around, comes around.