• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Is God the Father not a "Holy Spirit"?

Did Jesus say "The Father and I are one"?

Both answers are yes and thus we see that Jesus is God the Father manifested in flesh and so are both the Holy Spirit. You do not need to have three persons in the Godhead to accomplish what God did in the Bible. He showed Himself to us in different ways to do His work. Very simple!

Yes, the Father is Holy, but in no place in scripture is He referred to as the Holy Spirit. IN fact the opposite is true. Bot are mentioned in passages side by side and treated as different persons. Jesus never claimed to be the Father. He claimed to be one with the Father. This implies there is a difference between the 2.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewPilgrim
or perhaps . . . or perhaps . . . or perhaps . . . or perhaps . . . or perhaps . . .

an unqualified retort, since I gave scripture to support my view, whilst yours was based on specualtion.

I guess since you have been replying to so many posts, its sometimes hard to keep track of what is said where, which is fair enough. For the record, you made that retort in reply to my suggestion that the Angels did not have dominion over the earth before Adam and that the verse which mentions the cherubim ascending "the mountain of God" does not in likelyhood refer to the earth before Adam, but that perhaps the Mountain of God is in the heavens since Gen1-2 is a coherent sentence describing the creation and forming of earth. That was the scripture I gave to support my assertion. No mention of God's taking on human form was made at this time.

And Jude addresses how those angels who had fallen lost their first habitation

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

An unanswered question -

. . . The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, were present at Creation. All three are God (Phil. 1:2 John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9 Acts 5:3-4).

These scriptures do not state what you conclude, that the Trinity were present at creation. How would you explain the following

Guest shiloh357
An unanswered question -

. . . The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, were present at Creation. All three are God (Phil. 1:2 John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9 Acts 5:3-4).

These scriptures do not state what you conclude, that the Trinity were present at creation. How would you explain the following

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Conclusively what is, is real. The imagination of man is not. Theories of time out of the imaginations of man will give way to what is known to be real. Yesterday is spent, gone and will not return. God has rolled it up like a scroll behind you. This is conclusive. The only thing left of the past is Gods motion toward tomorrow because of what happened yesterday.

Denise

For man, yesterday is certainly past and the future uncertain, for he is without doubt a captive traveler of linear time. Can you say absolutely that God too is confined in the pinpoint of time's present traveling the same progressive shift of linear time?

Did you even open the link offered?

Yes I opened it and read it and found the same things contained there that I have studied and read many times for many years. Yes God has Set Himself to follow His Creation in time although as I said before He is not affected by time the same way that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego were not touched by the flames. Almighty God keeps the sun fueled and blows other suns up to cause supernovas. There is nothing for him to learn because if anyone learns anything true "it came from Him. Here is a scripture that proves what I am saying. See if you can pick up on the reason that this scripture answers it.

Revelation 21

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away.

Denise

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

[Jesus explains in this verse that there is

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

And when Jesus says "I and My Father are One".........you interpret that to mean what? :thumbsup:

One what? One God? Hardly.

The context of the verse is obvious. That's John 10:30. Please read John 10:28-29. And you'll see the answer.

You'll see that Jesus and the Father are one... not of being God... but one in purpose... one accord...

... that is, to take care of the flock.

:rofl:

Edited by Unico

I think you are mistaken my friend. The