• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well I may be wrong but I think a christian person's time is far better spent on undersatnding the word of God from a christian standpoint, than trying to figure out the misinterpretations of the jws or any other cult. To try to tell a jw that he or she is wrong is like trying to tell a catholic that the pope is a presbyterian.(no offence to our catholic bros and sisters) I have long since shaken their dust off my shoes. They are like our brother Duane. They wont LISTEN and if you dont listen you wont hear.

I for one would not like to see a thread about the rights or wrongs of the jws started on this board and I doubt that anyone else would either.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Well I may be wrong but I think a christian person's time is far better spent on undersatnding the word of God from a christian standpoint, than trying to figure out the misinterpretations of the jws or any other cult. To try to tell a jw that he or she is wrong is like trying to tell a catholic that the pope is a presbyterian.(no offence to our catholic bros and sisters) I have long since shaken their dust off my shoes. They are like our brother Duane. They wont LISTEN and if you dont listen you wont hear.

I for one would not like to see a thread about the rights or wrongs of the jws started on this board and I doubt that anyone else would either.

Greetings in Christ! Pretty broad brush stroke your painting their....so all of them should go to hell because nobody will listen...according to you...glad nobody had that view about me when I was lost...to fight the enemy yes you need to know the Word of God...I am not saying we need to emmerse ourselves into their stuff...but some knowledge would be good....You would not try to debate a Muslim...without knowing what their belief system is...least I would not..for they believe in Christ...just not like we do...and many people are falling for their deceptions..and why is that? Do not know because people do not seem open to it...yet comparing Wicca(word makes me gag) with Christianity is fine to do here...its okay to discuss what witch craft is all about...but not this one...they are both hell bound lost people...you should not hearden your heart to ANY group of lost people...Christ died and bled for all people...whether you like it or not...I do not care if 99 JWS do not "listen" as you say...if one in a hundred DOES listen and they get saved...its well worth having 99 spit in my face...cause all of Heaven rejoices over ONE repented sinner!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Unless a moderator tells us this little area is inappropriate for learning, I do not think we will get booted out of the blue. I started a phone information line for J.W.s years ago that was taken over by a couple in our church. There is now a growing support group of ex-JWS who have become Christians. We need to know what we believe and why. Not every believer will be able to effectively reach the cultist. Minimally, we should know the genuine to spot the counterfeit.

I have talked to 100s of Witnesses. It is our responsibility to try to share truth. The Holy Spirit through the Word alone is able to set them free. I have felt the power of God come on them as I shared a simple Scriptural truth that they could not refute. 1000s of cultists have left their groups through informed, equipped Christians and counter-cult ministries. They are a target of the Great Commission and our responsibility.

"And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that GOD will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken then captive to do his will." 2 Tim. 2:24-26

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Unless a moderator tells us this little area is inappropriate for learning, I do not think we will get booted out of the blue. I started a phone information line for J.W.s years ago that was taken over by a couple in our church. There is now a growing support group of ex-JWS who have become Christians. We need to know what we believe and why. Not every believer will be able to effectively reach the cultist. Minimally, we should know the genuine to spot the counterfeit.

I have talked to 100s of Witnesses. It is our responsibility to try to share truth. The Holy Spirit through the Word alone is able to set them free. I have felt the power of God come on them as I shared a simple Scriptural truth that they could not refute. 1000s of cultists have left their groups through informed, equipped Christians and counter-cult ministries. They are a target of the Great Commission and our responsibility.

"And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that GOD will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken then captive to do his will." 2 Tim. 2:24-26

Greetings in Christ! AMEN! The Word of God is more powerful than a nuclear bomb when used correctly...I believe the Word does speak for itself...I was just saying if I knew where they erred in the Word and why...then I could effectively use the Word to show them their errors...or was I not clear on that...if so then I am sorry for not making that clear...Blessings

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

BSS at no time have I ever suggested that the soul of a jw is not worth saving and that they can go to hell, but have on many occasions have tried to reason with them and all to no avail. I think every mature christian who posts on this board knows what makes a jw tick.

Paul said faith comes from hearing and hearing is the word of Christ.

So I speak to them and if they dont want to listen after the second time, then they get the same treatment from me as the pharasees got from Jesus. There are plenty of people out there who will listen,who like myself will be convicted by the Holy Spirit when and where God is ready.

IMHO jws are no more important to me or God than muslims, bhuddas,mormons or any other religion and there are web sites available for every cult nameable. I just want dont to see a bleeding hearts club set up on worthy boards to cater just for jws. I find it hard enough to come to grips fully, with all that's in my own holy bible without worrying about what's in other cult's fairytales. Have a blessed day in Jesus.

Guest shadow2b

YEPPPPPPPP--RAGHT ON --me mate----WE really donot have time to be learning FALSE doctrine, that is just kind-a- wasted time & effort---jmho too ----GOD-BLESS----------------Gary-- :rofl: :t3:

:t3: :t3: :rofl::blink: :tongue: :rofl:

Guest shadow2b

Greetings in Christ! Pretty broad brush stroke your painting their....so all of them should go to hell because nobody will listen...according to you...glad nobody had that view about me when I was lost...to fight the enemy yes you need to know the Word of God...I am not saying we need to emmerse ourselves into their stuff...but some knowledge would be good....You would not try to debate a Muslim...without knowing what their belief system is...least I would not..for they believe in Christ...just not like we do...and many people are falling for their deceptions..and why is that? Do not know because people do not seem open to it...yet comparing Wicca(word makes me gag) with Christianity is fine to do here...its okay to discuss what witch craft is all about...but not this one...they are both hell bound lost people...you should not hearden your heart to ANY group of lost people...Christ died and bled for all people...whether you like it or not...I do not care if 99 JWS do not "listen" as you say...if one in a hundred DOES listen and they get saved...its well worth having 99 spit in my face...cause all of Heaven rejoices over ONE repented sinner!

Perhaps blood you shouldNOT continue putting words in the mouth of other poster,nor reading into a post what isNOT there to begin with.....I find it just a bit UNsettling that so many of the "new" brethren" & /OR posters that want to start threads concerning CULTS--OCCULTIC PRACTICES--SATANIC cults...I personally have just enough information on most of these cults to start a dialogue with them BUT I am NOT going to rely on man's {SUPPOSED INTELLECTUAL GYMNASTICS} to win any lost person or occultic member to the LORD-JESUS-YESHUA--rather I will & have spent hours--days in prayer & study of GOD'S WORD & ASK HIM for the ANOINTING OF THE HOLY-SPIRIT & to give me the correct words {HIS words} to say to whomever i was ministering to.....WHICH has NEVER FAILED!!!!!!!!------PEACE----------------------Gary--

Guest shadow2b
BSS at no time have I ever suggested that the soul of a jw is not worth saving and that they can go to hell, but have on many occasions have tried to reason with them and all to no avail. I think every mature christian who posts on this board knows what makes a jw tick.

Paul said faith comes from hearing and hearing is the word of Christ.

So I speak to them and if they dont want to listen after the second time, then they get the same treatment from me as the pharasees got from Jesus. There are plenty of people out there who will listen,who like myself will be convicted by the Holy Spirit when and where God is ready.

IMHO jws are no more important to me or God than muslims, bhuddas,mormons or any other religion and there are web sites available for every cult nameable. I just want dont to see a bleeding hearts club set up on worthy boards to cater just for jws. I find it hard enough to come to grips fully, with all that's in my own holy bible without worrying about what's in other cult's fairytales. Have a blessed day in Jesus.

AHHHHHHHHH ERIC--ME FIRST-MATE--you my brother say what needs to be said more eloquently & with such noble understanding of the real world of ministering to the lost of any cult or just plain ordinary everday sinner----yOU cut to the chase--the bottom line--no wasted words or efforts, that's why i learn so much from those that have been on planet earth just a mite longer than i have & have real life experience to share with the younger brethren...---- I kind-a- think that's the same way JESUS did HIS work too,not a lotta rhetoric, just plain simple & hard truths, that couldn't be refuted by the religious or the sinner....Those simple,truthful,& sometimes harsh words JESUS used angered the religious,but convicted the sinner & they repented while the religious went about planning how to kill JESUS..-----THank you my beloved brother, keep giving your insightful truths & help me to learn more.....GOD-BLESS-YOU-&-EMMY----------your mate--Gary----

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Apologetics is becoming a lost art and science. We will be more effective at reaching atheists, Mormons, etc. if we understand them and adapt our approach to their unique situation.

For example, we have to demonstrate the existence of God and answer questions like the problem of evil for atheists.

Mormons need to understand the attributes of God: He is monotheistic, not polytheistic.

J.W.s need to understand the Deity of Christ and personality of the Spirit. Then the Trinity will follow.

Guest Bride of Christ
Apologetics is becoming a lost art and science. We will be more effective at reaching atheists, Mormons, etc. if we understand them and adapt our approach to their unique situation.

For example, we have to demonstrate the existence of God and answer questions like the problem of evil for atheists.

Mormons need to understand the attributes of God: He is monotheistic, not polytheistic.

J.W.s need to understand the Deity of Christ and personality of the Spirit. Then the Trinity will follow.

Greetings in Christ! AMEN!!

Christians tend to forget that not every Christian knows everything that they know. We need to be told so we can learn. Yes, I agree that leaning upon the Holy Spirit is must. People of different religions/cults have questions to tear down YOUR beliefs as well....Christians need to be ready and have at least a genereal understanding to counter those questions and to point out the Truth.