• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

razberry,

what they do is TWIST it...thier take on that particular scripture is as follows, they will add punctuation (improperly too) or the letter a where it will change to the context they want to put forth. IN the scriptures we all knw JEsu said, truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradies.

OK here is their teaching TWIST? (watch the comma) truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise. They say he was saying I tell you today which is not what he said, when I am speaking today , you already can see that I am speaking today. They twist it to mean that this day I am telling you,and say that he did not mean that he would go to paradise on that very day... twists and twists and I might add BAD Grammar too!

I'd be happy to answer any questions tht may help anyone if they want it too.

Blesings, elkie

Well that explains that. How do they explain the fact that they take authority to change God's Word?

I'm just amazed that so many are deceived by this. How terrible for those who've been raised in this deceit.

My husband's only religious interaction, before me and my family, was with his grandmother when he was a child (40-50 years ago). She was a "Jesus Only" believer (as my husband calls it), not believing in a triune Godhead. Trying to deprogram him of this belief has been difficult, as he doesn't want to think his grandma was wrong. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to convince JW's of the truth, especially when they'll be treated so badly if they turn away from the JW belief.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewPilgrim

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

JW Bible translation:

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people, 7 saying in a loud voice: “FEAR God and give him glory, because the hour of the judgment by him has arrived, and so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters.”

JWs say that this angel represents them and that the ever lasting gospel, which they also refer to as the "new" Gospel refers to their prophecies doctrines and translations. You'll note how they subtly drop the prefix "the" and change the common translation of "gospel" to "good news", which though grammatically correct it reduces the meaning from THE everlasting gospel, which is salvation in Christ, to "everlasting good news" which could be proposed to be further prophecies and doctrines.