• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1967

This is always a touchy subject. What is the overall view in here about authority? Does the husband have authority over the wife? What about the parallel between the marriage relationship and Christ and the Church?

As the church is obedient to God we must be obedient to our husbands. But lets not stop there, as Jesus loves the church husbands are to love their wives as they love themselves.

This does not mean that he is to lord over us as if we are slaves. God and His Word comes first before the husband.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

This is always a touchy subject. What is the overall view in here about authority? Does the husband have authority over the wife? What about the parallel between the marriage relationship and Christ and the Church?

As the church is obedient to God we must be obedient to our husbands. But lets not stop there, as Jesus loves the church husbands are to love their wives as they love themselves.

This does not mean that he is to lord over us as if we are slaves. God and His Word comes first before the husband.

I agree, but this doesn't seem to be a very popular concept anymore. Even among Christians, I haven't found very many who hold that a woman should obey her husband.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I always have the last words in my house "yes maam.....!' just kidding.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Male chauvinism and feminism have poisoned the sacredness of christian marriages. Sadly, there are as many believing husbands influenced by male chauvinists as believing wives by feminists that had caused many divorces among christian families. The ratio of chauvinism's and feminism's role played in marriages IMO is equal. After all, it always takes two to tango. Married believing couples (incl. those with unbelieving partners) need to follow the perfect model of marriage, i.e., Christ as the husband and the Church as the wife.

For the husbands, how did Christ love the Church?

1. He laid His life for her. He neither beat her up nor push her down. On the contrary, He protected her from those who wanted to hurt or even kill her; He went through death that she may live.

2. He adored and woed her with beautiful words. He neither shouted at her nor uttered unpleasant/degrading words about her.

3. He gave ALL He had/owned to her, she even inherits the earth He made. He did not keep a single account and said: this I own, that she owns... He said: "All I have I give unto her."

4. He had her REIGN with Him and have her seated on His throne. He entrusted His own AUTHORITY unto her.

5. He loved her and called her "MY BELOVED, MY BODY".

For the wives, how did the Church submit to Christ?

1. She served Him whole-heartedly. She was committed to her Master as a bond-servant.

2. She humbled herself and recognized her big NEED of Him. She never demanded/commanded Him to help her; She prayed to/asked Him fervently for help.

3. She respected and honored Him above all. She neither criticized Him nor dishonored His name.

4. She worked for Him and not against Him. She was always ONE with Him in all things.

5. She totally and fully submitted to Him and called him "MY LORD, MY HEAD".

So, wives and husbands, where can we change ourselves? :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Edited by germanJoy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

The book of Hosea is a beautiful picture of a faithful husband who loves a rebellious wife. It mirrors the relationship between God and Israel, and shows the pain of sin and rebellion along with the beauty of stubborn love that doesn't give up.