Guest LadyC

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I watched that too last night and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Why is it the media always shows these nutcases, making those who are lost think this is the way Christians generally believe? H&C now need to have a real Christian on the show to set the record straight. Odds are, they won't. Ratings for a show telling the truth wouldn't be as high. Sad.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

God hates Fred Phelps.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

God hates Fred Phelps.

I understand the emotion, but I'm not sure I would express it that way. Remember, Paul was killing Christians on his way to Damascus when he had an encounter with the Lord. The Son of Sam has committed heinious crimes and now shows the love of Christ by many people's testimony. Ted Bundy was the most vilest of sinners, but James Dobson said he was a changed man when he met him on death row. We have to be careful how we respond. Verbage is very important.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Today Dennis Prager (who is generally quite a reliable source) said there isn't really a Westboro Baptist Church, per se. They are all one large, extended family. Hence the 'Phelps' in the name of the woman (definitely not a 'lady') interviewed by Hannity and Colmes. Dr. Prager--a practicing Jew, incidentally--said they have to be '...the sickest family in America."

It's too bad some berets can't show up at all these funerals and beat the bejavins out of these lunatics every time, 'til they give up.

Do you suppose imprecatory prayers are in order? I do........

well it must be obvious to the country these people are not christians or the government would have already taken away their children because of the environment they are being raised in. since they are not really a christian organization of any kind it is ok to raise their kids to be crazy, like kids raised in the klan. these people came to tennessee last year to protest at several funerals, i really thought that would have been an education for those nuts, but tennesseeans behaved in the thought it is not good to harm the insane. it is a shame this bunch is so twisted and they can without any type of sanctions ruin children with their vileness and believe, because the rational citizens rail against their garbage and hate that they are being persecuted and believe it is because of the rightness of their actions. (for the lord).

this is not just falling away or being led away, this is having demonic worms in their brains, for lack of a better way of putting it.

Guest nofear

Where there is no hope the people perish.

They are Hopeless! Not saying it's right.

Pray for them!

There are so many now that see no hope for this world are its habitants. When the spirit is crushed (numbed, dead) the flesh keeps on moving. Creating what I call the Living Dead, people just going through the motions of existence.

Let your light so shine. Jesus is the hope of the world. Without him we would all perish of the spirit and become as those affected by this affliction.

I know there is hope. I know that there will be justice (in due time).

God makes it to rain on the just and the un-just.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Do you suppose imprecatory prayers are in order? I do........

hummm...I think I would leave them to God...

and pray He deal with them...

now please, Lord..

If we reject God long enough there

is just no end to the depth we will go into depravity.. :emot-highfive:

God hates Fred Phelps.

I understand the emotion, but I'm not sure I would express it that way. Remember, Paul was killing Christians on his way to Damascus when he had an encounter with the Lord. The Son of Sam has committed heinious crimes and now shows the love of Christ by many people's testimony. Ted Bundy was the most vilest of sinners, but James Dobson said he was a changed man when he met him on death row. We have to be careful how we respond. Verbage is very important.

Exactly the point. I was being ironic. :whistling:

However...God does hate.

God hates Fred Phelps.

However...God does hate.

You are right Ovedya...God does hate and a lot of people can't handle that, but I would let Him communicate that according to His sovereignty and timing. You said it and I thought it, my righteous indignation kicked in quick, but then I have to make sure I am not assuming what God is doing. It is sorta like the Holacaust, unspeakable cruelty but it collected the Jews once again from the diaspora for what God is about to do next.

God hates Fred Phelps.

However...God does hate.

You are right Ovedya...God does hate and a lot of people can't handle that, but I would let Him communicate that according to His sovereignty and timing. You said it and I thought it, my righteous indignation kicked in quick, but then I have to make sure I am not assuming what God is doing. It is sorta like the Holacaust, unspeakable cruelty but it collected the Jews once again from the diaspora for what God is about to do next.

The real issue with Phelps and his ilk is that he also assumes that he knows what God is doing. In his condemnation of others he is taking the position of God's authority. God's throne is only reserved for one Person: God. While I do not believe that it is wrong for believers to say, "This thing is hated by God" it is most definately wrong to say, "This person is hated by God," unless, of course, God Himself has said so in his word.

God hates Fred Phelps.

Exactly the point. I was being ironic. :emot-puke-old:

However...God does hate.

The real issue with Phelps and his ilk is that he also assumes that he knows what God is doing. In his condemnation of others he is taking the position of God's authority. God's throne is only reserved for one Person: God. While I do not believe that it is wrong for believers to say, "This thing is hated by God" it is most definately wrong to say, "This person is hated by God," unless, of course, God Himself has said so in his word.

We are in absolute agreement :whistling: