• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

I come here in this thread seeking genuine information about Jordan Rubin. I saw him speak today at Ladies Group (it was a video presentation) and since I've been battling with my weight, I wanted to buy his books. Before I purchase anything though, I like to research it and to be honest, I haven't found a whole lot of good about this fellow. Opinions please?

Thanks in advance

Faithie :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

I just found this article while surfing the net....

http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/new...15102&zoneid=18

Dietary Supplement Maker Settles FTC Charges

2006-03-09 - Federal Trade Commission (FTC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claimed Clinical Studies Backed Primal Defense, RM-10, Living Multi, and FYI

An operation that marketed dietary supplements sold at Whole Foods Market, GNC, the Vitamin Shoppe, and on the Internet settled Federal Trade Commission charges that they made deceptive advertising claims about their supplements. The FTC charged that Garden of Life, Inc., a dietary supplement company based in West Palm Beach, Florida, and its founder and owner, Jordan S. Rubin, made unsubstantiated claims that their supplements treated or cured a variety of ailments, ranging from colds to cancer, and also made false claims of clinical proof. The settlement prohibits deceptive claims about the results of tests or studies and requires claims by the defendants to be substantiated by competent and reliable scientific evidence.

The FTC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I started on the Maker's Diet about a month ago and feel substantially better than before but it's too soon to tell how much effect the supplements are having on me.

I take all of the supplements and am hoping to see substantial improvements in my health. I believe Rubin's is a godly Christian man seeking ways to help believers get healthy.

I'm sticking with it. He encourages a healthy, Jewish kosher diet and encourages people to avoid processed foods, foods with preservatives, hormones, antibiotics, et al....

I feel much better since I went "organic/kosher"....so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Rubins was extremely ill himself and came back from the dead, basically.

I bought his book, "Maker's Diet" at Amazon.com for a dollar. Best money I ever spent. If you don't even touch the supplements, just the healthy change in lifestyle is enough to show the benefits of the diet.

He's a messianic Jew and has eaten kosher all his life, which is what he encourages for health reasons (not for legalistic purposes). He explains why the Jewish kosher diet is so much healthier and better for people...and I tend to agree.

My husband and I are both on it and can tell a big difference in the way we feel.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I just found this article while surfing the net....

http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/new...15102&zoneid=18

Dietary Supplement Maker Settles FTC Charges

2006-03-09 - Federal Trade Commission (FTC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claimed Clinical Studies Backed Primal Defense, RM-10, Living Multi, and FYI

An operation that marketed dietary supplements sold at Whole Foods Market, GNC, the Vitamin Shoppe, and on the Internet settled Federal Trade Commission charges that they made deceptive advertising claims about their supplements. The FTC charged that Garden of Life, Inc., a dietary supplement company based in West Palm Beach, Florida, and its founder and owner, Jordan S. Rubin, made unsubstantiated claims that their supplements treated or cured a variety of ailments, ranging from colds to cancer, and also made false claims of clinical proof. The settlement prohibits deceptive claims about the results of tests or studies and requires claims by the defendants to be substantiated by competent and reliable scientific evidence.

The FTC

We gotta a big, front loading, industrial strength type. We're thinking about opening a laundry mat in our home... :noidea: Ron, just send your laundry over this way. I'll just throw it in with the rest of ours....(*LOL).

We gotta a big, front loading, industrial strength type. We're thinking about opening a laundry mat in our home... :wub: Ron, just send your laundry over this way. I'll just throw it in with the rest of ours....(*LOL).

FedEx or UPS it? :noidea:

Fed Ex will do and oh, btw...I charge by the pound. :noidea:

Fed Ex will do and oh, btw...I charge by the pound. :24:

Just charge it to Ted since he spilled coffee all over my purple robe at the last ministry meeting! :P:24: