• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

James 3

1Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

I get tired of being mocked. So when your sister and you both, apologize to me, you will also receive one back from me. And if you want to talk about immature go look at the Testimonies of Healing Forum and see what a circus that got turned into

Hmmm, and you call this the "Mind of Christ"...interesting.

First of all, we have not mocked you. We have disagreed with you. When you decide to grow up you will learn the difference.

As for the Testamonies thread, (I assume you are refering to the quotes apon quotes), that was just a bit of fun, and if you find it offensive, then I apolagise. Its also over.

Turns out you can quote 25 times befor you start to loose the original. Who knew?

That also has nothing to do with how you, as a gentlmen (and I am using the term very loosly) speek to ladys. In case your mother failes to teach you some proper maners, gentlmen DO NOT use that kind of language with or about women.

Beloved, your lack of breeding is showing.

James made some interesting points.

3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

I'm pointing the finger at me, too.

Just like Jesus did when he drove out the money changers from the temple. He got a little angry too, at times.

There is a vast difference between having a difference of oppinion and turning the House of the Lord into a den of theves.

Beloved, this is a VERY poor excuse to loose your temper. Jesus was capable of getting angry and not sinning. We arn't.

I get tired of being mocked. So when your sister and you both, apologize to me, you will also receive one back from me. And if you want to talk about immature go look at the Testimonies of Healing Forum and see what a circus that got turned into

Hmmm, and you call this the "Mind of Christ"...interesting.

First of all, we have not mocked you. We have disagreed with you. When you decide to grow up you will learn the difference.

As for the Testamonies thread, (I assume you are refering to the quotes apon quotes), that was just a bit of fun, and if you find it offensive, then I apolagise. Its also over.

Turns out you can quote 25 times befor you start to loose the original. Who knew?

That also has nothing to do with how you, as a gentlmen (and I am using the term very loosly) speek to ladys. In case your mother failes to teach you some proper maners, gentlmen DO NOT use that kind of language with or about women.

Beloved, your lack of breeding is showing.

You know something. I am sorry to both you and your sister. I don't know all on this forum whether they be man or woman. But I am sorry, whether you be man or woman, for getting angry and especially if I hurt anyones feelings. Sorry, nebula. I lost it and was a jerk.

My Brother!!!

You are FORGIVEN!!! I also repent of any hurtfull words I may have said.

Glory to God! This is what brotherhood in Christ is all about!

Yes, once I repented of my pride, it was much easier to say sorry. I hope nebula will forgive me as well.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I do not attend a WOF church or watch their programs on TV. No TV for about 4 or so years. But I occasionally watch some on the computer. I don't agree with everything taught but I do favor their instruction on faith and healing. I do believe that faith has everything to do with the christian walk. We walk by faith, and not by sight. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Faith without works is dead. Jesus said to Peter "O you of little faith, why did you doubt". From many examples and scriptures, I find that faith is no laughing matter, and certainly nothing to be mocked. It does something for us, as Christians, and it is clear from the bible that it is very important to God that we use it.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I do not attend a WOF church or watch their programs on TV. No TV for about 4 or so years. But I occasionally watch some on the computer. I don't agree with everything taught but I do favor their instruction on faith and healing. I do believe that faith has everything to do with the christian walk. We walk by faith, and not by sight. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Faith without works is dead. Jesus said to Peter "O you of little faith, why did you doubt". From many examples and scriptures, I find that faith is no laughing matter, and certainly nothing to be mocked. It does something for us, as Christians, and it is clear from the bible that it is very important to God that we use it.

For the record, I have no issue with WOF personaly.

I've never herd of them till signing on to the board. Go figure.

I am in 100% agrement with you on faith, as you have presented it hear.

I find that faith is no laughing matter, and certainly nothing to be mocked.

This is true. If I have done so, I most humbly apoligise. I may however, tease a bit. I supose it is possible to take things to far, or for it to be perseved as irreverent, and will try to controle myself better in the future.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

John,

I know I said I wouldn't post again to you, but this shouldn't cause any upsets. I am sorry that you have had some type of experience along the way that leaves you with the thought that WOF is the only ballgame in town teaching healing and faith. While some of the more major demominations may've lost those teachings, not all have. The Bible certainly isn't silent on either issue and to downplay either issue is at the expense of a lot of the Bible.

Simply put, there are so many excesses within the "names" promoting WOF that it all gets thrown by the wayside. When these guys get up hollering how that God intends us to drive Rolls-Royce's and be millionares, I absolutely cringe because that type of stuff is not in the scripture. I know that OT saints, some of them, were rich. However, we don't find them being showy about it. This Rolls-Royce business is being show-offy which is not the meek attitude we are required to have as Christians. We also found that the rich OT saints would drop everything at moment's notice for God if He asked (Abraham's willingness to offer Isaac to God as a sacrifice). I really have to ask if these other guys would be willing to do the same?

St. John, I call a truce between you and I if you're agreeable.

How nice - to have a truce! Maybe now that there is a truce called, these boards will be more inviting to EVERYONE.

Should I write up a peace treaty? (that is a joke by the way)

Here is what I believe - No two Christians are going to have the exact same level of faith or believe in the exact same doctrine or denomination. After all we have all learnt different things through different experiences. Whether we are right or wrong is absolutely irrevelant, it might mean something while we walk on this earth, however it shouldn't because once we go to meet Jesus and our Heavenly Father, I'm pretty sure we will be ashamed of our prideful ways and feel very sorry for these unnecessary arguments.

We need to accept each other for where we are at, and like I've said before rejoice that we have the same common denominator - Jesus Christ :il:

We need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and listen for His prompting, I don't think it is wise for us to "teach" when lead by our flesh. That would be prideful, right?

The most powerful teaching tool, is our life and how we live our life on a day to day, minute by minute basis. Lets try to remember this scripture: :rolleyes:

Matthew 5:13-16

Believers Are Salt and Light

13 "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

14"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.