Maestroh

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I could not respond to the other post because it was locked - so please don't get angry at me for bringing this up. But two points.

One poster, I think his name was Leonard, asked me how I got banned from Charisma. I DID NOT, sir. HE - the KJV Only advocate - did. And I agree with you regarding the coarseness of such a site which is why I wanted to post here regarding it. Incidentally, I would agree with anyone who points out this is NOT a doctrinal issue - it is an ACADEMIC issue - I agree with such. He did arrive here the other day - so I want to wait and see what happens. Perhaps he will prove your points valid - I suspect so.

Secondly, someone asked about my seminary. I attend Dallas Theological Seminary, majoring in the New Testament Studies department with emphasis on Academic Ministry (teaching, seminary prof, research, etc). I did not feel it was fair to start a post earlier when school was in session because I simply did not have the time to devote to debate proper. I'm out for summer, however, and I hope to post here a little more often.

Incidentally, don't buy into the seminary stereotype, either. For example, I'm not cessational by way of theology (whether I qualify theologically as a charismatic is another issue altogether) and I'm not a classic dispensationalist. One of the draws of DTS was its openness to Arminian, Calvinistic, and other types of orthodox theologies as well as some 50 denominations. Ironically, the school was founded by a Presbyterian, presided over by an Anglican, a Baptist, an Evangelical Free pastor (Swindoll), and now another Baptist (Dr Bailey).

I hope to have fun here in the coming months. God bless those who had questions - and I'm free to talk about pretty much anything. It may take a day or two to get back on some questions - but rest assured, you will not be ignored.

Maestroh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sorry I misunderstood! I was flabbergasted somebody got banned from the Charisma site! That's funny!!!!

You ought to find some interesting discussions around here; we've got a good mix of people. I'm a life-long Pentecostal who got interested in the Church Fathers, and went to a Jesuit seminary. Now I'm a Priest in the Charismatic Episcopal Church. I know: "Charismatic" "Episcopal" is oxymoronic.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Leonard,

I'm very much interested in the Church Fathers as well. They give you a good picture of what early Christianity looked like.

Tony

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I would suggest, sir, that you give head to what Bro. Dave had to say instead of starting yet another thread:

Grace to you,

The position of this Ministry is to build up and Edify the Body on the Word of God and with the Spirit of which we are all born again. We shall know each other and be known by our Love. :24:

There is so very much work to be done. The heads of wheat are full and the Harvest is Nigh. Let's get to work.

I do not think a hearty debate is a bad thing. However a debate where Coarsness is the standard will not be allowed. The fact that your friend has denied the Terms of Service at another online Ministry doesn't present a very good picture.

Let's use our God given discernemnt and move forward for the Kingdom today. Souls for Jesus Saint's, out of the gratitude of our Saved hearts. :24:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Leonard,

I'm very much interested in the Church Fathers as well. They give you a good picture of what early Christianity looked like.

They give me a good picture of what early heresy looked like.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Matthitjah closed the thread this refers to. It should remain closed