Copper Scroll

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

you believe in trinity? you acknowledge staros but not that Jesus was put to death on it, correct? the holy spirit isnt living in any translation, you mistake even your own translation. god and God are different, thats just common sense, that is in reverance to the fact that there are false gods... nothing more. o and sinse you bring up that subject, what does your bible say Gods name is? that above all else has been proven to be in the dead sea scrolls found by scholars. this evidense proves God has a name and its not Jesus I promise you... His name is all over the original books even before being considered for the cannon, even non-believers as well as scholars have found that Gods name is pronounced "yhwy" or "yawey" sinse there was no consonants used back then this has like many other words been translated, not changing the meaning just how its pronounced. furthermore, if his name isnt in your bible (found several times in the dead sea scrolls), maybe you should find a more accurate one. so... what is then a correct translation?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is scripture.... I only speak scripture, nothing else can be more true. one thing to note... all proven and accepted version have been read and mean the same thing, whatever the actual wording, scholars and translators alike, unknowingly have shown these versions share the same interpretation....... what say you?

Edited by Ancient of Days

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  157
  • Birthday:  11/13/1946

you believe in trinity? you acknowledge staros but not that Jesus was put to death on it, correct? the holy spirit isnt living in any translation, you mistake even your own translation. god and God are different, thats just common sense, that is in reverance to the fact that there are false gods... nothing more. o and sinse you bring up that subject, what does your bible say Gods name is? that above all else has been proven to be in the dead sea scrolls found by scholars. this evidense proves God has a name and its not Jesus I promise you... His name is all over the original books even before being considered for the cannon, even non-believers as well as scholars have found that Gods name is pronounced "yhwy" or "yawey" sinse there was no consonants used back then this has like many other words been translated, not changing the meaning just how its pronounced. furthermore, if his name isnt in your bible (found several times in the dead sea scrolls), maybe you should find a more accurate one. so... what is then a correct translation?

I didn't get into all this. I asked you "What does the "New World Translation" have to say about Jesus' virgin birth, death and ressurection from the dead? And where does the "NWT" say Jesus is now?"

Jesus was born of a virgin, He died on a cross, He was buried in a tomb, He was resurrected on the third day, He now sits at the right hand of the Father. Is this what your "New World translation" says about Him???

that post of the trinity an so on wasnt for yourself... but yes, that is what the nwt says... what do you make of it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

What does it say about the NWT when the translators, having been in a courtroom and asked to translated a Hebrew passage, could not do so? That tells me that it was pretty much a copy of a translation already haven been widely rejected by nearly all serious scholars of the Bible.

that post of the trinity an so on wasnt for yourself... but yes, that is what the nwt says... what do you make of it?

The word "stauros" in Strong's dictionary says---"a stake or post (as set upright), i.e. (spec) a pole or cross (emphasis mine) (used as an instrument of capitol punishment). It could have been either one.

My question is still the same. What does the "New World Translation" have to say about Jesus' virgin birth, death and ressurection from the dead? And where does the "NWT" say Jesus is now?

while I dont quite understand post #35, a pole or cross or stake as I brought out earlier can contradict while still being in harmony. this is the perfect example. so the only way to make accuracy of it is to go the time and meaning of the language of the writer.....

while I dont quite understand post #35, a pole or cross or stake as I brought out earlier can contradict while still being in harmony. this is the perfect example. so the only way to make accuracy of it is to go the time and meaning of the language of the writer.....

You have still not answered my question.

What does the "New World Translation" have to say about Jesus' virgin birth, death and ressurection from the dead? And where does the "NWT" say Jesus is now? :whistling:

Jesus was born of the virgin mary and joseph, he died between two unrighteous men, he was resurrected in 3 days, spoke to his desciples given them a commission that is still being carried out today... make desciples of all the nations baptising them in the faith... he today is presently in his second presence reigning as king in heaven awaiting his final coming at armageddon..........

did you want more info than that or no? if so we will have to get together... I will return tomorrow morning......... 8ish

Edited by Ancient of Days