• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

What is lust? To think someone attractive must one lust? To have a thought creep into your head is that still lust?

We are being (especially men) bombarded with sexuality on TV, bilboards, I see so much skin just going to class every day that it is crazy. Thoughts pop into my head and I quickly look away but they were there for a second - is that lust? how do I safeguard myself?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Keep drawing close to the Lord, remain Holy Spirit filled , listen to the Holy Spirit and talk to Him, trust HIm know Him, and rely on Him in you to help you. Ask to see yourself and others from Gods view and for Him to help you to be what he wants you to be. Ask to see sin the way God does.

Can even with church and other Christians keep prayers together and be supportive.

Alot of ways to keep your heart right with God.

We cannot be tempted by that which we are busy doing Gods way.

I would rebuke what is not of God.

When you see these girls who think that is how to have love, and it is not, pray for them, see them as God sees them. His creation, someones daughter or sister, a person in need of Christ.

Although I am a sister in Christ, when I see the young persons like this, I pray for them that God will help them to know Him and they can know what real love is, both Christs Love and love as God meant it to be.

They are jsut buying into a deciet that will only harm thenm in the long run.

Keep the faith, grow strong, keep with other believers for encouragement. Many men do groups to talk and pray about it too, to help each other in church etc.

God bless you for turning away from sin and to see it as God does.

God bless you,

elkie

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

CS,

In a practical sense the "no second looks" would apply. We cannot help but see women today as we are bombarded with them from every angle. But second looks and lusting (fixating) on any particular woman/women becomes the devil's playground. Just check your Scriptures for warnings about lusting and adultery to strengthen you. Ask Him and he will deliver you the ability to deal with it successfully my brother.

Blessings to you

-CC-

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/27/1986

I agree, thinking someone is attractive is not lust. Temptation is not lust, it is not wrong to be tempted but wise to avoid temptation when possible. To stand strong against the wiles(or willies) of the devil, there is tremendous power in prayer but also The Word. When i began regularily listening to sermons as well as reading the Bible, there was astounding growth.

For a week without the Bible makes you weak without the Bible :emot-highfive:

I thouroughly enjoy listening to the Word being taught, might I suggest a pastor?

http://bandonfellowship.org/messages.php - Matt Fox

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

No mental undressing.

There are good looking women, the women was designed to be attractive to the eye of a man, and vice versa, this is not sin. But to lust is to fixate to go to the next level to visualize sin and to consent to that sin in our mind.

It is very hard in this world today. It takes courage to be chaste.